• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Monocacy for the roles you mention i'd pick the Pig because the Zone is so extreme and skips a lot. That is not good for placement. Rhyno is ok but at power it gets straighter and possibly too close to the Anode in flight lines.

Jokeri is faster and longer and also equally power hungry as the Rhyno only getting 30-40' farther.

JR said:
Monocacy for the roles you mention i'd pick the Pig because the Zone is so extreme and skips a lot. That is not good for placement. Rhyno is ok but at power it gets straighter and possibly too close to the Anode in flight lines.

Jokeri is faster and longer and also equally power hungry as the Rhyno only getting 30-40' farther.

Ah. You did say Jokeri is faster than Rhyno. I misunderstood a bit.
All this talk about the Jokeri... Think I'll have to order some clear Jokeris to dye.

JR said:
Thanks, very helpful. Maybe I'll spring for a couple of DX Rhynos, and try a Pig if the Rhyno doesn't work. Generally I'm not too worried about my "power" making discs too straight. :oops:

By the time DX Rhynos beat in, perhaps Prodiscus will have released a batch of light premium Jokeri . . .

Basic plastic Jokeri will become straighter over time but to really make it straight still needs good spin and the available weight is a problem for putts except in a headwind where it is at it's best. Break a basic Jokeri enough and it can take some headwind while spun well and go to 200' pretty straight even without the help of a headwind. But only if you really spin it. Miss that in execution while planning for it and the disc fades without mercy. I can't think of another putter that responds so much to being spun off the top of my head. Jokeri in basic has a great grip and in premium plastic has the best tackiness out of plastic premium discs competing well with softer plastics. It is way tackier than driver Pro for example. Jokeri is absolutely one of the best driving putters as long as a laser line is not mandatory. And even that is doable with a broken in basic disc.

In putting a broken in basic Jokeri in a headwind is much like a heavy Aviar P&A is in calm weather so for that role it is great. The Jokeri has an advantage over a Wizard too in a headwind. Especially when it is heavier than your normal weight. Driving Jokeri is the beefiest wind handling disc that is also long. When i say it is wind handling it can tackle serious winds when new and premium stays new for a long time. Only in a monster headwind where all putters are suspect does the Pig, VP and the Zone have an advantage in reliability. And assuredly going to the left.

linkinparkervii said:
Can someone give me a quick rundown on all the discs.

Jokeri - rhyno but better
Midari - OK, stableish
Respecti - OS, reliable modern fairway, deep grip
Legenda - low power distance, shallow grip
Slaidi - overstableish, wraith esque, maybe bit faster. Me likey.

My Slaidi in Premium plastic fades early and hard more like beefier Destros than Wraiths and it flies at Wraith speeds so it will be shorter than both.
Jokeri is a great deal faster and longer than the Rhyno and a bit glidier. And won't lose the fade so easily meaning at about 240' low line drive.
My premium Midari is iffy in the wind and at high power. At 90 % it is straight (no flipping) in calm conditions and it gets unpredictable at 100 % sometimes turning more than at others. But it could be me because i know that my wrists roll anny at high power when i'm tired. What makes me wonder is that this happens to the Midari on good days too when other discs won'y turn at full power.

Just got in a lot
2 Premium Jokeri
1 Premium Leganda

The Jokeri feel amazing and the plastic is the nicest feeling champ/opto plastic ive ever held
The Leganda is SUPER clear and almost looks like glass. What does this compare to flight wise?

Purchased a couple premium Jokeris 176g. Deep rim and definitely stable, slightly moreso than my Champ Rhyno which is by no means new. The most noticeable difference between those two discs is Rhyno has a bead. I'm finding I like that bead for putting, but I didn't really need a putter anyway. What I'm liking about Jokeri as it can be thrown at full power with no worry that it will turn, and with some fade but not a ton. Fits when I want more stability than a Pure but less speed and fade than a Gator. Haven't thrown it into a strong headwind yet but can't imagine this disc will flinch in anything short of a hurricane.

Because my Gator has a bead, I feel more comfortable using it for big sweeping jump-putt hyzers. Honestly, I think when I carry both a Rhyno and Gator I start to over-think which to use too much because they both have beads, whereas I'm okay letting the Jokeri wait for its utility moment.

He's got at least 1 fairway driver on its way, Saint ball park if I understood correctly, and (if he takes my advice...) another fairway possible.

Just got this base line Legenda and Respecti from Devan Owens from a Facebook contest

CameraZOOM-20130130163400981.jpg

Sweet, I'd give that Respecti a shot. Throw the Legenda in the bin though, that plastic sucks for that mold.

btw... Sounds like Kai might have taken my advice on the next fairway driver! I'll sum it up like this, I asked him to go "old school" and "make us a better Gazelle". He was pretty receptive so here's to hoping!

Kai is good at throwing 300' lasers low so he is a touch placement thrower and prior to starting his company his go to driver was a Teebird. Meaning even with that power at Tali Open last year he did well in masters despite the fact that many holes need way more power to get to the green than his bread and butter drives. He knows what a good FW driver is and has a preference for them so i am interested in what his interpretation will be like and how the plastic will feel and what the durability is like across plastics.

Jeronimo said:
Sweet, I'd give that Respecti a shot. Throw the Legenda in the bin though, that plastic sucks for that mold.

btw... Sounds like Kai might have taken my advice on the next fairway driver! I'll sum it up like this, I asked him to go "old school" and "make us a better Gazelle". He was pretty receptive so here's to hoping!

It has already been made, it was called the Cyclone.