• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

The Roc3 will never kick a buzzz out of the bag. The Roc3 is a touch less overstable champ roc. I currently have 7 rocs in the bag and the Roc3 was most comparable to my most overstable roc. It's no gator but its closer to a gator than a buzzz

I didn't even get an email from Innova regarding the new release of Big Birds....I got 25 last time around tho, so maybe they are only releasing to folks who didn't get them before?

From another page....
"not another release these were left over from the East coast that they didn't sale buyer are limited to 25 and can't pick color or weight so this will not hurt the value. Matter of fact west coast has none due to them selling out the first time"

To add my limited knowledge and experience.
The stamp:
I was told by my Innova saleman that, while the Production stamp design isn't settled, it will most likely be a normal Champ stamp. No word on PM sig question.
BB re-issue:
I got an email yesterday from Innova announcing a re-issue of the BB stamp RC3. 25 limit. Jumped all over it. Since some are saying that they didn't see the re-issue email, it may have been sent out only to those that missed out on the first BB run. I missed out on the first run, so i was glad to get in on the re-issue.
They were not allowing any requests on weights/stamps/colors, so I'll get what i get.
Weight:
Unless you're throwing these 350' plus, you'll LOVE the lighter weights MUCH more than the heavies. TRUST ME!!

To add my limited knowledge and experience.
The stamp:
I was told by my Innova saleman that, while the Production stamp design isn't settled, it will most likely be a normal Champ stamp. No word on PM sig question.
BB re-issue:
I got an email yesterday from Innova announcing a re-issue of the BB stamp RC3. 25 limit. Jumped all over it. Since some are saying that they didn't see the re-issue email, it may have been sent out only to those that missed out on the first BB run. I missed out on the first run, so i was glad to get in on the re-issue.
They were not allowing any requests on weights/stamps/colors, so I'll get what i get.
Weight:
Unless you're throwing these 350' plus, you'll LOVE the lighter weights MUCH more than the heavies. TRUST ME!!

No pretty sure it went out to all dealers, I got 50 protos, 25 of the first Big Birds and got that same email for 25 more Big Birds

I found that if I was throwing FH, the 166g disc I have will turn and burn unless I throw it absolutely perfectly. However, it works decently for BH throws. The 180g flies exactly like I want it to on FH throws.

These things are Garbage!! I took an '05 USDGC roc out of my bag to try and replace it with the new AMAZING Roc3. Turns out its a NERD disc (should of known).. They dont do anything my Chings dont and they aren't overstable. Glad I didnt buy but a couple. Roc3 OUT ... '05 Champ back IN. Honestly I dont even understand the collector value...

These things are Garbage!! I took an '05 USDGC roc out of my bag to try and replace it with the new AMAZING Roc3. Turns out its a NERD disc (should of known).. They dont do anything my Chings dont and they aren't overstable. Glad I didnt buy but a couple. Roc3 OUT ... '05 Champ back IN. Honestly I dont even understand the collector value...

Maybe your throwing it wrong? all mine fly amazing. i find they are way less under stable but it has a spot in my bag. Also what do you mean by NERD Disc?

They will take hits a lot better than the Ching Rocs.

Maybe your throwing it wrong? all mine fly amazing. i find they are way less under stable but it has a spot in my bag. Also what do you mean by NERD Disc?

Doubtful, though not trying to be boastful. Champ Rocs shouldn't be "way less under stable" they should be meaty and awesome. These IMO are not either. My roc line up is '05 spec, fresh Ching, beat ching, fresh glo Oroc and beat glo Oroc. I just think a Champ ROC thats straight is stupid.

They will take hits a lot better than the Ching Rocs.

Indubitably but I prefer Rocs in crappy beatable plastics (A worn in Roc is a thing of beauty). I throw champ rocs because they are Overstable not because they take hits better.

this is not a champ roc. its a roc 3 different mold all together. if you want a champ roc than a regular rancho is what you are after. Its common knowledge that these are straighter rocs, so comparing them to a regular champ roc is pointless.

Doubtful, though not trying to be boastful. Champ Rocs shouldn't be "way less under stable" they should be meaty and awesome. These IMO are not either. My roc line up is '05 spec, fresh Ching, beat ching, fresh glo Oroc and beat glo Oroc. I just think a Champ ROC thats straight is stupid.

They shouldn't be? Because these are not champ rocs like the ones you have thrown in the past. thats why it is called a roc3 because the mold is different, Meaning its going to fly differently . Maybe the disc is not what you are looking for but i have seen many people throw the heck out of them including myself and they seem to work just fine. I still think you are throwing it wrong :D

this is not a champ roc. its a roc 3 different mold all together. if you want a champ roc than a regular rancho is what you are after. Its common knowledge that these are straighter rocs, so comparing them to a regular champ roc is pointless.

^^^^

I'm a Blizzard throwing noodle arm and my 180 RC3 out drove my Blizzard Dominator on one uphill hole. (#1 at Harbin)
Doesn't matter if anyone believes it, I know it happen and this thing will find two spots in my bag. A 180 and a 175. :thmbup:

Fair enough just stating opinion. My 05ers are Rancho's and they are what I want and need. So whos going to be the person to start the Roc 3 vs Buzzz thread? Argumentum ad populum means nothing to me. Personally I'd rather test and know than read and guess.

Fair enough just stating opinion. My 05ers are Rancho's and they are what I want and need. So whos going to be the person to start the Roc 3 vs Buzzz thread? Argumentum ad populum means nothing to me. Personally I'd rather test and know than read and guess.

perhaps you should drive your vehiculum to the field and test some discs, then? :hfive: :D :p

perhaps you should drive your vehiculum to the field and test some discs, then? :hfive: :D :p

Can't right now Unfortunately. Yesterday's practice/whatever session showed enough. I don't see one of those magical rocs in your bag Digital! :gross:

Can't right now Unfortunately. Yesterday's practice/whatever session showed enough. I don't see one of those magical rocs in your bag Digital! :gross:

i don't see myself reviewing/critiquing them on the forums, either. perhaps that's why?