• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

Yeah I'd like some proof of these domey discs too. Not that I'll buy one either way. I already have way too many mids in the bag and stacked up at home. All I really need is a Pain with something like a Comet to complement it. As for bashing Innova for inconsistency? That's like bashing the Patriots for cheating. Everyone knows it's a problem, and everyone knows they aren't going to fix it. If you don't like it, throw Discraft. Or MVP. Or Legacy. Or Latitude 64. Or Prodigy. Or DGA. Or Gateway. Or Wham-O. Or Dynamic. Should I go on? Point is, we have options. It's not like we're dealing with Wal-Mart in a small town...

FWIW, InnovaStore.net says they have a dome in the sale description... I am still going to take a look and give them a chance. I've been most excited about the production run more than anything. The thought of being able to spend the actual MSRP on the Roc3 is refreshing.

At innovastore.net did anyone see they have two different production roc3s: normal and special colors? I wonder if that will be the case here?

At innovastore.net did anyone see they have two different production roc3s: normal and special colors? I wonder if that will be the case here?

it's yellow mist, clear smoke and black smoke.

it's yellow mist, clear smoke and black smoke.

I saw this as well, I should have been more clear. Do you think we will be paying the extra few bucks for those colors at say dynamic discs, gggt, dgw, etc ?

^yes. Anywhere a retailer or dgcr person thinks they can suck more $$$ from you they will. Whether its due to weight, stamp or color uniqueness. Sad but true.

A friend of mine who has been throwing around $150 worth of Big Birds and proto stamps on the course just compared his with his KC Pro. The verdict? The domes are pretty equal. So in that case, if you consider a standard Roc domey, then you'll consider these things domey too. Not more domey. Just equally domey. I just want to say domey as many times as possible before I post this.

The production runs are super flat. Not even close to KC Pro ROCS. I picked up four 180's this morning and they are all nice and flat. They fly great. Here is a shot of the dome, or lack of a dome. The other 15 or so I went through were also nice and flat.

8c6f98c8a887fadfcc91cdd5aab9db53_zpse46ac0d0.jpg

If anything like the Pre production than the 180's will be board flat and the 170 range will have a touch of dome. At least my experience. When I say a touch it intends a very small amount, what most would still consider flat.

If anything like the Pre production than the 180's will be board flat and the 170 range will have a touch of dome. At least my experience. When I say a touch it intends a very small amount, what most would still consider flat.

I looked at everything from 172 to 180. All were the same, flat.

Latest posts