• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

Could you elaborate please, on the fork grip and Birdy grip.
Thanks.

The fork grip is like holding a fork. The pinky and index finger lock the rim whilst the ring and middle fingers stack on top of the pinky. The thumb aplies pressure over the index with the thumb pointed in line with the grip.

The birdy grip is the same, but extend the middle finger out like flipping the bird.

Sabre, as I call it, is a fork grip with the index finger moved forward and hooking the last knuckle on the bead. As the index finger moves forward, so does the thumb to create the correct pinch

US4zF30.gif

I use the same grip as when I'm putting which is a power grip but with my index finger on the outside of the rim resting on the bead. I also use the same grip with my mids, which is probably why I don't like beadless mids or putters.

OK, OK! With the tines towards me before someone stabs me(probably with a fork)!😉

It is harder to see the alignment this way

Attachments

• 1514681102055569729580.jpg
    1514681102055569729580.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 11
I use the same grip as when I'm putting which is a power grip but with my index finger on the outside of the rim resting on the bead. I also use the same grip with my mids, which is probably why I don't like beadless mids or putters.

Hand size and realitive finger length creates some differences.
My ring finger is longer than my index finger, hinceforth why on a deep dish putter, my fork grip becomes a sabre grip.
I would say, and anyone feel free to disagree here, that it is more important to lock with index and pinky than anything else whilst performing the fork grip.

Attachments

• 15146817976581118884506.jpg
    15146817976581118884506.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 18
Hand size and realitive finger length creates some differences.
My ring finger is longer than my index finger, hinceforth why on a deep dish putter, my fork grip becomes a sabre grip.
I would say, and anyone feel free to disagree here, that it is more important to lock with index and pinky than anything else whilst performing the fork grip.

My ring finger also slightly longer than index finger. So I compared my grip to these photos and I guess it's a fork/sabre lol all I know is that it lock tightly with my index and pinky while my middle finger is not so tight and my ring finger kinda just lays there acting as a guide. I can't figure out how to get pics off my phone on here. Thanks again for all of your knowledge everyone it's good for a newer player to be able to come somewhere and get good advice/suggestions.

You mention high shoulder and deep dish in your OP - look no further than the Dagger.

Wizards are totally dope too of course, and you might like throwing them too. Seriously though, the Dagger is what you seek.

You mention high shoulder and deep dish in your OP - look no further than the Dagger.

Wizards are totally dope too of course, and you might like throwing them too. Seriously though, the Dagger is what you seek.

Thanks for the input. I'm going this weekend to get my paws on some putter plastic and see what feels the best.

Anyone have any experience with Pro D challengers?? I'm starting to think that it's just the way my soft X's are puddling on top that makes them not what I want( my issue is coming down to confidence with this putter in my hand, when I first got it I felt super confident with it and I'm still Fairly accurate with them but that puddle isn't great on a putt) just curious if the pro D's didn't hat when they beat in also bc I have a pro D Banger that is was softer now then it was when I got her out of the box. Thanks all again for your help

Anyone have any experience with Pro D challengers?? I'm starting to think that it's just the way my soft X's are puddling on top that makes them not what I want( my issue is coming down to confidence with this putter in my hand, when I first got it I felt super confident with it and I'm still Fairly accurate with them but that puddle isn't great on a putt) just curious if the pro D's didn't hat when they beat in also bc I have a pro D Banger that is was softer now then it was when I got her out of the box. Thanks all again for your help

pro d challenger puddle and clover tops.