• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

Sorry elm, never heard clover top, mind elaborating? Thanks

roughly 4 spots will have raised shoulders. the other 4 collapses. the middle caves in and becomes the puddle.

the worst puddle top and clover top i had was this pro d buzz that was beat to absolute hell. aim saw it and can chime in. i lost it and never got a call back

roughly 4 spots will have raised shoulders. the other 4 collapses. the middle caves in and becomes the puddle.

the worst puddle top and clover top i had was this pro d buzz that was beat to absolute hell. aim saw it and can chime in. i lost it and never got a call back

Thanks. Never heard that before but it makes sense why it's called that now.

Another Disc that is like a Avair is the Upshot #2 in the baseline plastic or Proline like R-Pro. They are cheap due to Got To Go Got To Throw buying out all the disc and molds when Lightning owner died a few years ago. Once a mold is sold out in the plastic type either Base one or Proline they will start making the disc, I bet the baseline will be without the DuPont in it. Buy them on Got To Go Got To Throw now.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Pro D challengers?? I'm starting to think that it's just the way my soft X's are puddling on top that makes them not what I want( my issue is coming down to confidence with this putter in my hand, when I first got it I felt super confident with it and I'm still Fairly accurate with them but that puddle isn't great on a putt) just curious if the pro D's didn't hat when they beat in also bc I have a pro D Banger that is was softer now then it was when I got her out of the box. Thanks all again for your help

Challenger is a great putter, but Pro-D is not so good. I bought a Pro-D Challenger a couple years ago (maybe more) and after 36 holes just throwing it in the chains, it looked like a chewed up dog's toy. When Jawbreaker came out I tried the Challenger in the JB plastic, and it was a much better experience.

Challenger is a great putter, but Pro-D is not so good. I bought a Pro-D Challenger a couple years ago (maybe more) and after 36 holes just throwing it in the chains, it looked like a chewed up dog's toy. When Jawbreaker came out I tried the Challenger in the JB plastic, and it was a much better experience.

It seems after 2006 the plastic to the Pro D series got soft then now way soft, The old hard Pro D Magnets of which I have still have one in my bag are almost too stiff and borderline with the rules of flexibility. This is why the Pro D is so soft. I had a soft hard Pro D Magnet in my bag from late 2007 onward after loosing a newer Hard Pro D Magnet at a tournament. The Pro D Magnet that was softer got warped at the Course at Erie State Park in NY hitting a Tree as the hole was basket cliff on one side Rough that had wild Roses on it and tree next to basket leaving only one hole opening to make a putt and I tried a hyzer putt but the disc hit the side of tree and warped. Now I use a Magnet in Jawbreaker modifide with sharpie on top of disc to work for me and the Other Magnet the Stiff Pro D one is for windy shots to a point, even windier shots the disc is a Shark in some plastic either old Pro or Star. I think Discraft has made the Pro D so soft to get people to buy more of those discs and to get people to try a disc in Pro D then find out they need to switch to a more tough plastic. Makes me feel bad for a disc like the Cyclone that are only in Pro D right now.

Last edited:
Happy to say that the Dagger in zero hard took the slot from the Challenger, it was almost the shield, just that little extra fill, and I'm glad I went with the Dagger this thing floats almost effortlessly. Aside from that it makes me feel confident when it's in my hand, it looks good, feels good. Happy.

So it turns out that I don't like deep dish putters for throwing, only putting. I didn't really know this seeing as how i only handled my own bangers and challengers but today I gripped my buddies pure and man was it sweet, I see on inbounds that the harp, crown and shield all have the same rim depth as the pure and I know it's not a lot of different from the Challenger but I noticed it big time. So anyone here have experience throwing any of these molds??

So it turns out that I don't like deep dish putters for throwing, only putting. I didn't really know this seeing as how i only handled my own bangers and challengers but today I gripped my buddies pure and man was it sweet, I see on inbounds that the harp, crown and shield all have the same rim depth as the pure and I know it's not a lot of different from the Challenger but I noticed it big time. So anyone here have experience throwing any of these molds??

Shield doesn't feel shallow to me, and keep in mind I throw normal depth putters. So I have no problem with anything like Aviar, Wizard, Judge, Anodes, etc. And Shield is in that range to me, but its super HSS flight gives me a lot of confidence to throw it hard.

The Pure and Harp I would both think of as a bit shallower. If you want a straight thrower then look at a premium Pure. The Harp is quite OS, and in premium it is very OS. Like hyzer in wind OS or full power FH. I've never seen a Crown.

I have one Crown, one Shield, several Harps (and in two plastics), a few Pures, and some Challengers.

I tried the Shield after watching JohnE McCray wear out a course with his Shield. I didn't expect to duplicate his abilities, but thought I'd try a Shield anyway. The Shield felt okay, but was turning over on me on throws off the tee. Didn't know if mine was an aberration or if that was normal for that disc, and I haven't tried another one.

The Crown felt okay in the hand, and I might give it another go as a putting putter. But from my initial tests with it, I don't recall it being exceptional at anything...

I've discussed the Pure and Challenger elsewhere; both are really good discs. Challenger will fade more. The Pure is right-down-Broadway straight.

The Harp is an approach disc for me. I only putt with it when the wind is beating my face. (And it is good for that.)

Pure is really fast and really neutral, at least in opto. Holds an angle well and encroaches on midrange distance.

Shield doesn't feel shallow to me, and keep in mind I throw normal depth putters. So I have no problem with anything like Aviar, Wizard, Judge, Anodes, etc. And Shield is in that range to me, but its super HSS flight gives me a lot of confidence to throw it hard.

The Pure and Harp I would both think of as a bit shallower. If you want a straight thrower then look at a premium Pure. The Harp is quite OS, and in premium it is very OS. Like hyzer in wind OS or full power FH. I've never seen a Crown.

Thanks, and you're right I felt up shields while searching out my daggers and they didn't feel that shallow, I just remembered that though LOL, thanks for the info.

I have one Crown, one Shield, several Harps (and in two plastics), a few Pures, and some Challengers.

I tried the Shield after watching JohnE McCray wear out a course with his Shield. I didn't expect to duplicate his abilities, but thought I'd try a Shield anyway. The Shield felt okay, but was turning over on me on throws off the tee. Didn't know if mine was an aberration or if that was normal for that disc, and I haven't tried another one.

The Crown felt okay in the hand, and I might give it another go as a putting putter. But from my initial tests with it, I don't recall it being exceptional at anything...

I've discussed the Pure and Challenger elsewhere; both are really good discs. Challenger will fade more. The Pure is right-down-Broadway straight.

The Harp is an approach disc for me. I only putt with it when the wind is beating my face. (And it is good for that.)
Good to hear about the harp an approach discs are what I'm seeking here. Thanks for your input

Hello and welcome back to my putter thread!! This time I am looking for suggestions on OS, low profile throwing putters that beat in nicely to compliment themselves in a cycle. Thanks for all of your input in advance.

...suggestions on OS, low profile throwing putters

I just added a 400 pa2 as an OS driving putter, and it has really impressed me. It's is flat, beadless, feels lower profile than my wizards, and goes far. Holds up to a headwind really well. Reminds me in feel to an aviar3. I'm not sure how the 300 or 200 plastic would work into a cycle, but the mold is good. Someone more experienced in prodigy plastic would have to chime in on that.