• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

I just recently saw that DGC added kastaplast and does have rekos. Is the new k3 plastic that was supposed to be stiffer out yet?? I heard that it softens up somewhere but I wouldn't know.

Dunno about the new K3 plastic. I'll check DGC for Rekos; if they start carrying them, that'd be awesome. :thmbup:

Have you tried the Macana? Squashed Dagger (Wizard)

I'm now looking for a thrower, which I like low profile for. So no haven't tried it and may not I've got a few I want to try and if one make the cut the into the box they'll go and in my closet they'll sit until traded

I'm now looking for a thrower, which I like low profile for. So no haven't tried it and may not I've got a few I want to try and if one make the cut the into the box they'll go and in my closet they'll sit until traded

Man the number of potentially appropriate throwing putters is completely off the rails these days. I have found myself trying to impose guidelines like "OK, I prefer a shallow, beaded putter for throwing, obv the Judge" like you. Then I pick up a Shield which I had completely ruled out, and it turns out they feel and fly like an absolute dream - deep as heck, and while it's no Aviar Driver bead, they have a nice proto/micro bead so they are not sharp on the bottom.

TL:DR try throwing a Shield - you will love it or hate it.

Man the number of potentially appropriate throwing putters is completely off the rails these days. I have found myself trying to impose guidelines like "OK, I prefer a shallow, beaded putter for throwing, obv the Judge" like you. Then I pick up a Shield which I had completely ruled out, and it turns out they feel and fly like an absolute dream - deep as heck, and while it's no Aviar Driver bead, they have a nice proto/micro bead so they are not sharp on the bottom.

TL:DR try throwing a Shield - you will love it or hate it.

I'm just looking at specs and feeling outyers in shops until that "one" is in my hands man. Until then I'm making the stud work and I know I like the Rhyno as a compliment but I've heard that they gain glide with is so I'm trying to beat this ones brains in if there were something like the stud maybe a little more stable and bullet nosed I'd be there man.

I'm just looking at specs and feeling outyers in shops until that "one" is in my hands man. Until then I'm making the stud work and I know I like the Rhyno as a compliment but I've heard that they gain glide with is so I'm trying to beat this ones brains in if there were something like the stud maybe a little more stable and bullet nosed I'd be there man.

Might be the slow midrange Cayman when that comes out from Innova, that has a Gator like nose and the flight of a Stud according to what I was shown on the Forums of Disc Golf Course Review.

I have always thought the Gator is a lower profile Wizard. Great in DX and Star, the Champion verities are too overstable to work for what you want.

Might be the slow midrange Cayman when that comes out from Innova, that has a Gator like nose and the flight of a Stud according to what I was shown on the Forums of Disc Golf Course Review.

I have always thought the Gator is a lower profile Wizard. Great in DX and Star, the Champion verities are too overstable to work for what you want.

No, specifically putter, slow speed I am satisfied with my mid line up and it's super simple that's what I'm looking for, simplicity. Sure I could carry a mold for every shot but I want ONE stable putter in base plastic that I can beat into neutral and US just like my mids then I'll begin my search for fairways to so the same(not all base plastic, I felt the need to clarify that all of my cycles have a premium on top)

No, specifically putter, slow speed I am satisfied with my mid line up and it's super simple that's what I'm looking for, simplicity. Sure I could carry a mold for every shot but I want ONE stable putter in base plastic that I can beat into neutral and US just like my mids then I'll begin my search for fairways to so the same(not all base plastic, I felt the need to clarify that all of my cycles have a premium on top)

What you are looking for sounds like a Gator though, a disc I have seen a few players uses as a putter in DX. I know the Gator says speed 5 but to me the disc flies like a 3.5-4 almost a midrange putter. Stud is as close to a Gator as a putter will get for now.

I have a Shark but I rarely use that as a true midrange, more long approach basically short midrange range for me. The Shark 3 as of this year has taken the true midrange spot a 174 gram DX Stingray had last year.

Last edited:
What you are looking for sounds like a Gator though, a disc I have seen a few players uses as a putter in DX. I know the Gator says speed 5 but to me the disc flies like a 3.5-4 almost a midrange putter. Stud is as close to a Gator as a putter will get for now.

I have a Shark but I rarely use that as a true midrange, more long approach basically short midrange range for me. The Shark 3 as of this year has taken the true midrange spot a 174 gram DX Stingray had last year.

I is my prophecy to cover all mid shots (with the exception of big turns until I season one in I use a comet here) I'm looking for a cycleable putter, not a super OS mid. The gator is a harp on 'roids I want a bullet nose putter that feels low pro in hand. Not a Gator which I think feels deeper (like a Harp) I appreciate the input as you've given me some off the wall suggestions and some valid ones this one missed the mark. I'd like the stud with the wizards nose but lower profile.

Ummm OK so I saw this and went back and checked the first few pages... and my thoughts are the same it is time for you to...

Throw a Envy.

It's shallow and stable I was a huge Rhyno guy for a while the Envy is a little faster and glidier. Check one out. I rock 165g Protons as my main putt and stable approach disc and they are plenty stable but straight flying.

Well guys idk buy it seems that in my search for the "perfect" throwing putter is leading me to try an envy. Guess I'll be back with how that goes........ TBC.

I throw one for some ups and off the tee. Scared to try one in electron for fear I'll like it better than my Atoms. I use my N Envy for headwind putts. I reckon it's good for cycling in electron plastic.

I throw one for some ups and off the tee. Scared to try one in electron for fear I'll like it better than my Atoms. I use my N Envy for headwind putts. I reckon it's good for cycling in electron plastic.

So how does their plastic work? What's baseline premium and so on ??

So how does their plastic work? What's baseline premium and so on ??

Electron is base, firm, medium and soft. Proton=champion, neutron=star. I putt with a medium E Atom and use firm E Atom for turnover putter shots. I throw an N Envy for S/OS ups and teeshots. E beats in pretty quick but I've been throwing the same putter for 6-8 months. I don't cycle Envys but I suspect they'll beat pretty straight fairly soon in electron. They feel great in the hand to me, very flat and fairly shallow with a very small bead.

I like my Atoms but I've strongly considered cycling the Envy in various plastics for putting and anything less OS than my Zones.

Grippen, any chance you'll be at the Ohio ams in June? I've got a Gateway I think Chief or Chief OS, blank top proto ink on bottom, that may have the right feel for you. I haven't even thrown it, but if you are there, I'd be willing to let you give it some rips and see.

Grippen, any chance you'll be at the Ohio ams in June? I've got a Gateway I think Chief or Chief OS, blank top proto ink on bottom, that may have the right feel for you. I haven't even thrown it, but if you are there, I'd be willing to let you give it some rips and see.

Not sure,I've got some chief OS they weren't the answer. I still have to try the chief though. It's a possibility I could be there but I'm really not sure. Appreciate you though.

My Chiefs beat in to very understable. I loved them at first, very neutral. I don't have much use for them now that they are broke in.