• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

I use a legend clutch for putting. An icon clutch for driving. A nova for upshots. A blowfly 2 for uphill shots and near water.

I use a legend clutch for putting. An icon clutch for driving. A nova for upshots. A blowfly 2 for uphill shots and near water.

I've always been interested in clutches as a huge legacy fan. How do they compare to p2s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can there just be a beaded pure? The pure with a bead would be the most comfortable putter around (IMO) the shape and rim depth are nice but I couldn't get comfortable with it.

Never thrown p2s but the clutch feels good in my hand. It's like what I think an aviar wanted to be. I got an extremely stiff legend one and a very soft icon one. They are both good for things other than putting

Can there just be a beaded pure? The pure with a bead would be the most comfortable putter around (IMO) the shape and rim depth are nice but I couldn't get comfortable with it.

Have you looked at or tried a Marshal?

Also, the Judge rim is not as concave as the Pure, and I'm finding the Lucid Judge to be more comfortable in the hand than the Opto Pure. The both fly pretty straight, with the Judge being a tad more LSS than the Pure, so that comfort level of the Judge was the deciding factor for me.

My GL Pure has flashing that just won't go away, so it's out, too.

Maybe a prowler?

Maybe a prowler?

Just maybe, I'm looking at this and the reko,don't like the rekos price at all, $13 Baseline plastic, psshhhh. Good call
And I know before everyone jumps my shizzz. It's not much more than the legacy protoge plastic but I like what Steve does over there man blue collar dudes making a dream happen means something to me.

Last edited:
Just maybe, I'm looking at this and the reko,don't like the rekos price at all, $13 Baseline plastic, psshhhh. Good call
And I know before everyone jumps my shizzz. It's not much more than the legacy protoge plastic but I like what Steve does over there man blue collar dudes making a dream happen means something to me.

Check the lets kastaplast Group and legacy discs collector group on Facebook and you can probably get good deals. Also k3 and protege are really midgrades more comparable to kc pro or jk pro.

Check the lets kastaplast Group and legacy discs collector group on Facebook and you can probably get good deals. Also k3 and protege are really midgrades more comparable to kc pro or jk pro.

Two protoge prowlers on the way! I don't have Facebook but it may be high time I jump back on that wretched heap of inhumanity. Doubt it tho lol thanks for the heads up though

Prowler twins came in the mail today!! I'm pretty excited. First impression: not what I expected. That being said I like them, not quite the stability I was looking for but they're not understable. I've been working on trying to be more comfortable throwing deeper putters, the problem is mainly forehand shots with deep putters. Any way this putter i think is going to help me bridge the gap. It's got a rim depth like the pure but a popped too that still kind of makes it feel like my wizard in a way. So I've decided to use these as my throwers and be more consistent across the board maybe even one day transition to all wizards IDK I'm sick of the hunt so I'm just gonna grab a conventional putter and go with it. I think the stability of the prowler also will make me a smoother and better putter thrower and help me to understand my angles better.

Never picled up a gauntlet and i dont like the way the pure feels. The prowler Actually is pretty similar in flight way different in feel. Pretty close to a beaded pure.

Ever felt a Ringer/D Breaker? Beaded, low profile, stability you want, nice subtle thumb groove...sounds like your cup of tea.

EDIT: Breaker is ever so slightly taller/deeper, otherwise they're the same mold.

Last edited:
Ever felt a Ringer/D Breaker? Beaded, low profile, stability you want, nice subtle thumb groove...sounds like your cup of tea.

EDIT: Breaker is ever so slightly taller/deeper, otherwise they're the same mold.

I woll have to give tjese molds a look. I like my rhyno for OS duties i want something stable but in a workable way for my main thrower. I havs a putter fetish though so im sure I'll try them eventually.

I woll have to give tjese molds a look. I like my rhyno for OS duties i want something stable but in a workable way for my main thrower. I havs a putter fetish though so im sure I'll try them eventually.

Pro Line (ESP) and SP (sparkle Z) Breakers may replace that Rhyno quick. They also may not because personal opinions.

Ringers are only in D aside from limited runs, and wear in to wonderfully controllable and stable/neutral putters. Quick off the tee or at approach distances and love a little oomph on putts - not saying you can't push putt with them, just saying they probably prefer at least a spush if not spin style. I have no horse in this race because I personally only bag a Clutch, but do truly think you'll fall for these quick based upon what I've read in your posts.

I haven't thrown a D Breaker to be honest but I have thrown the three molds formerly mentioned for many, many rounds.

Breakers are one of my favorite throwing molds - kicked envys out of my bag. They don't go as far, which is what I wanted.
D Line quickly gains a little distance and loses fade. After a couple months of heavy use they'll drift right some on a hard flat rip but won't pop up from hyzer. Great controllable throwers.
From my experience SP molds up with a tiny weird middle dome and Proline molds up flat. D line is board flat from the tiny thumb trac in.

All of my SPs were flat, but they were all also first runs. YMMV

Pro Line (ESP) and SP (sparkle Z) Breakers may replace that Rhyno quick. They also may not because personal opinions.

Ringers are only in D aside from limited runs, and wear in to wonderfully controllable and stable/neutral putters. Quick off the tee or at approach distances and love a little oomph on putts - not saying you can't push putt with them, just saying they probably prefer at least a spush if not spin style. I have no horse in this race because I personally only bag a Clutch, but do truly think you'll fall for these quick based upon what I've read in your posts.

I haven't thrown a D Breaker to be honest but I have thrown the three molds formerly mentioned for many, many rounds.

My rhyno isn't a go to just when i have a low ceiling want a hit and sit or am in a "spot". Right now my main throweer is a prowler i may have been wanting the clozer u thought the prowler was a tick more stable. I do like the prowler though so may stick with it as my thrower. Putting PW Wizard and theres still a chance they may just be the only putter in my bag and ill have to just learn hkw to grip deeper rims?? Idk still trying to work out the kinks. Thanks for the suggestions.