• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

However weird the disc is, I prefer the blowfly 2 for water shots. It's not a bad putter. It's also a great uphill disc

Also Have herd that below a certain weight the Rubber Putter is a Floating water disc too. Or is that just the Rubber Putter is a floating water shots. I don't think mine, now mom's at 166 grams was light enough. I was always told that the Rubber Putter had to be under 160 grams to float on water.

I know a guy who used the Gumputt and blunt models and the Blowfly/II for his putter discs. Uses the Blowfly II for his water shots. His driver Gumputt is used for driving some how on the upper plains, South Dakota. He does have a different disc for long putts/windy days I think at one point it was a Ching Precision but became a reef or something.

My dad has a DX Hydra for his water shot, at the time if the Hydra was 174 or 175 grams I would have gotten it for an approach disc in the mid 2000's but the disc was 170 grams and I did not use the disc due to that reason. At the time I was more picky about weight of the disc. Not only that but the local store that sold Innova was always sold out of the old DX Hydras. I use a Magnet so I could feel comfortable with the feel of a Hydra. I so want to get a R-Pro Hydra but I feel that would have less use for me then a DX Dragon. Why doesn't Innova make a Blizzard Champion Dragon at the weight the disc needs to be to float? The Dragon would stay throwable longer in a Champion type plastic.

Figured I would go ahead and put in here that my final decision turned out to be what I wasn't looking for. I can comfortably grip the pure white wizard for a throw so that's what im going to be throwing. I like the flat top and they are much more stable tha. I expected so working them in and cycling will be no problem.

I really want to try the rat. Just wish it was beaded. What would a slow gator be??? Or is a slow gator a rat??

I really want to try the rat. Just wish it was beaded. What would a slow gator be??? Or is a slow gator a rat??

The Rat is not Gator-"ish". The Rat is less overstable, and doesn't have the hard dump fade my Star Gator has. The Rat is a flatter (less deep) AviarX3 to me.

The Rat is not Gator-"ish". The Rat is less overstable, and doesn't have the hard dump fade my Star Gator has. The Rat is a flatter (less deep) AviarX3 to me.

Rat is a harp flight with a zone feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to ditch the Rhyno and I am now bagging a Gator. So far I have had the harp on the bag' Rhyno and now the Gator. Harps are glidey and the others aren't but anyway, I am using this disc as a hybrid type disc. When I throw it slow it acts like a slightly more glidey Rhyno. When I get on kt it turns into a monster of its own kind worthy of its name. Anyone else using the gator like this? I k kw its not technically a outter but the rat made it in here bc someone said ir was a putter sooooo. Anything at all on this bad boy??

Decided to ditch the Rhyno and I am now bagging a Gator. So far I have had the harp on the bag' Rhyno and now the Gator. Harps are glidey and the others aren't but anyway, I am using this disc as a hybrid type disc. When I throw it slow it acts like a slightly more glidey Rhyno. When I get on kt it turns into a monster of its own kind worthy of its name. Anyone else using the gator like this? I k kw its not technically a outter but the rat made it in here bc someone said ir was a putter sooooo. Anything at all on this bad boy??

My Rhynos were never as overstable as my Star Gator, and they served different purposes for me. My Gator is a decent overstable disc, flies straight with a dump fade at the end. I like to say the Gator flies straight then remember it has to fade and land so it seeks out the ground and dives to it.

Having said that, I came to prefer the Hornet, Harp, AviarX3, and Rat for the OS mid/approach roles. One thing I really like the Star Gator for is putting into stiff headwinds; I really felt more confident on those tricky putts.

My Rhynos were never as overstable as my Star Gator, and they served different purposes for me. My Gator is a decent overstable disc, flies straight with a dump fade at the end. I like to say the Gator flies straight then remember it has to fade and land so it seeks out the ground and dives to it.

Having said that, I came to prefer the Hornet, Harp, AviarX3, and Rat for the OS mid/approach roles. One thing I really like the Star Gator for is putting into stiff headwinds; I really felt more confident on those tricky putts.

My Rhynos are obviously a little less stable than my Gator but in time the Gator will lose a little stability and be less than fresh but still more than a Rhyno. I can cover all of my ither putter approaches with my Wiz. Ao the duality of the Gator's rile is what is attractive to me.

My Rhynos are obviously a little less stable than my Gator but in time the Gator will lose a little stability and be less than fresh but still more than a Rhyno. I can cover all of my ither putter approaches with my Wiz. Ao the duality of the Gator's rile is what is attractive to me.

I use a rhyno for shorter, straight to stable finishes. If I need more distance and overstablility that's when I pull out the zone. Both have their purpose for me.

I use a rhyno for shorter, straight to stable finishes. If I need more distance and overstablility that's when I pull out the zone. Both have their purpose for me.

I'M genuinely hopingbto find some things the Gator can't cover the Rhyno on so I don't have tonmake it live in a box forever. I love throwing the Rhyno and I'm not a mold minimalist(not for real) Inonly like to bag molds I can use to cober all of a specific set of duties with, less confusing, less guesswork just straightforward golf.

I'M genuinely hopingbto find some things the Gator can't cover the Rhyno on so I don't have tonmake it live in a box forever. I love throwing the Rhyno and I'm not a mold minimalist(not for real) Inonly like to bag molds I can use to cober all of a specific set of duties with, less confusing, less guesswork just straightforward golf.

Gator can do longer shot range for a disc then the Rhyno and can fight wind better if you have mega windy days. I see the Gator as being more overstable and for a windy day the Rhyno would not be used even too windy for a Rhyno.

Some kind of Gator with the Thumtrack would cool, a more overstable Gator, call it a Crocodile or Croc.

Gator can do longer shot range for a disc then the Rhyno and can fight wind better if you have mega windy days. I see the Gator as being more overstable and for a windy day the Rhyno would not be used even too windy for a Rhyno.

Some kind of Gator with the Thumtrack would cool, a more overstable Gator, call it a Crocodile or Croc.

Ues this is why I like it. Same shots as a Rhyno just can akso go longer with less effort. And yes it fights wind better.