• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

Meh. I liked the Zero Pure for a driving putter and approach duties but I didnt care for it for putting.

booter said:
I am ,I've been using the zero line pures for about a month and a half or so.I decided to try them and fell in love with the shallow feel and beadless grip.reminds me of my old san marino beadless aviars I used for several years.anywho,I putted with them for the first few weeks and was really hoping it just wasn't a new putter deal and wasn't just working because it was new.they completely kicked out the magic and wizards I was rockin.I had to adjust my putting routine for them but it was wel worth it.I've been able to nail more jump putts with this putter over any other one I've tried. They're PURE $$ and the grip is awesome. I was a little worried about how fast they dinged up like gateways stuff but after seeing pics pics of jeronimo's year old pure,I'm pleased to see it wasn't all clovered and beat to rap. I'm beyond sold.

ps.I am undecided that I will drop the wiz for overstable duties or driving but atm I'm throwing a se rhyno for that spot. However the magics are replaced completely by the pure

I got two of these based on a thread on DGR.us that a buddy Rescue sent me. I was trying to find a Champ XD and Frank talked me out of those stating they weren't the same disc. I wanted something in a more premium plastic that flew like the XD does in DX. I wanted a stable to slightly understable putter for throwing and fell in love with the Pure. I use a DX AD for my stable driving mold (thinking of changing this, don't know yet).

I currently putt with 168 S Magics and love them very much, don't see this one changing. My buddy inthedrift really wants to get some to putt with and he putts with Magics. The grip on the zero line is awesome, but I'm not sure if i'd leave my Magics for them. I'll have to get a couple of Pures in a light weight and try putting with them.

Sidenote - how does the grip compare to the zero?

Someone needs to take Lat 64 Hostage and force them to produce a run of Opto Pure's. I will buy the whole batch, even if they are more stable than their Grip and Zero cousins.

Floodj32 said:
Someone needs to take Lat 64 Hostage and force them to produce a run of Opto Pure's. I will buy the whole batch, even if they are more stable than their Grip and Zero cousins.

I get the impression they're trying, really trying, but there's definitely a manufacturing stumbling block in the way.

I have seen the posts on the lat 64 thread by the owner that says they are. I would of voted for a new mold that has pure flight characteristics and supports premium plastic over the havoc project. They don't produce any putter in premium, not one. I hope they figure it out, so I can finally carry only latitude. As of now I have to carry another putter just in case my grip line pures get wet.

Floodj32 said:
I have seen the posts on the lat 64 thread by the owner that says they are. I would of voted for a new mold that has pure flight characteristics and supports premium plastic over the havoc project. They don't produce any putter in premium, not one. I hope they figure it out, so I can finally carry only latitude. As of now I have to carry another putter just in case my grip line pures get wet.

I've had this very conversation with the Svante through PM's. They know there's a shortcoming, they're working on it.

Jeronimo said:
Floodj32 said:

I've had this very conversation with the Svante through PM's. They know there's a shortcoming, they're working on it.

That is great news. I will host a parade they day they figure this out.

Seems like everyone on here who throws the pure is anxious to see an opto or gl version, but the expectations are different. Some want the same flight characteristics in a more durable / grippy / stiff plastic. Personally, I'm hoping the premium plastic will add a bit more stability, especially low speed fade, but a little more hss would be great too. Either way, there's a slot in my bag for it. This disc just feels so damn comfortable in my hand...I want to throw it on every shot and then hold it while I sleep at night :)

RustyP said:
Seems like everyone on here who throws the pure is anxious to see an opto or gl version, but the expectations are different. Some want the same flight characteristics in a more durable / grippy / stiff plastic. Personally, I'm hoping the premium plastic will add a bit more stability, especially low speed fade, but a little more hss would be great too. Either way, there's a slot in my bag for it. This disc just feels so damn comfortable in my hand...I want to throw it on every shot and then hold it while I sleep at night :)

Ideally, I would hope for an Opto Pure that would fly slightly more stable but over tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime break into a flight path similar to how the Grip's fly. That way I could carry a newer one and a BEAT one.

I suppose the same could be accomplished with a more stable Opto Pure that stays that way and complimenting it with a Grip Line, but where's the fun in that... :lol:

Been working on my putting stance/launch lately and have changed it from what I was previously doing so starting tomorrow I'm going to give the Pures another go as my putting putter. In the past I used a regular staggered stance/push putt but over the past few weeks I've been transitioning to a sorta hybrid stance (though much more staggered than straddle) with more spin on the disc and on a lower line. Early returns are promising for the potential of better power and consistency of form but I think the Pure may be better suited than the Wizard, especially at longer range.

the Pure is a driving machine. it shapes like a stripper on e. it can also fly straight as the pecker on the guy watching the stripper. I'm in love with a stripper.

there is nothing pure about what this disc does to/for me.

keltik said:
the Pure is a driving machine. it shapes like a stripper on e. it can also fly straight as the pecker on the guy watching the stripper. I'm in love with a stripper.

there is nothing pure about what this disc does to/for me.

You are a purely dirty man sir :-D

I'm still loving this disc is zero, it is a permanent fixture in my bag. It is great for short to medium turnovers or low power shots. I need to buy more of them so I have a stack to practice with.

I do put with them all the time. The plastic is so amazingly grippy. I love them.

Sometimes I drive them, but only for turnovers or anhyzers.