• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

Switched out a tm2 for my zero's today. They are a little faster and a little more stable than zero's. I had some cut throughs that stayed in, but definitely got more than with the zero's. A couple rounds of putts and shorter upshots resulted in a couple gouges and scrapes, but nothing major.

Booter said:
no way!? mine is deflashed and its still the same stable straight mini buzzz. not even close to flippy

Mine will track right if thrown flat or will pop up from a hyzer and go dead straight.

My anodes will fade after going straight if thrown flat or will hold a hyzer line if thrown on a hyzer.

Alright so the pure won out over the anode for me as it is a more pure (haha) driving putter. The anode is good at a lot of things but the pure is great at driving. Not so great for upshots as it is easy to overshoot the target with it but man, this thing drives so great.

That is funny. I was just going to say how easily I was able to distance my Opto Pure on upshots, even on the first outing. I've been loving the Opto Pure as a compliment to my Ridges. A lot of jaws were dropping amongst the guys in my group amazed at the lines the Pure was pulling off.

Booter said:
pure is the tits. best driving putter ive ever thrown!

^^^x2^^^

I got an Opto 176 in a trade and it is the shiznit. Still trying to completely get it under control, but damn it is smooth on short drives. I find it much easier to drive with than the anode.

I like how easy it is to hit your line with it on upshots and approaches. I have found I prefer short putts to long ones as my putting is well not good. :oops:

I added a gripline for driving and to zerolines for putting about 2 months ago. Haven't looked back at the warlocks or ions at all. My putting has been more consistent and my straight/anhyzer approaches have improved as well. Pure is the best putter i've ever owned! Would really like to get my hands on an opto soon.

Yeah the tm2 and optos are just the right kind of beefy for a beadless putter.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

I hit metal with my opto pure the other day. It was the same course I got my first ace with a grip pure. It would have been a cubby ace if it had gone in.

I had a 175 gram Champion classic roc that flew the same line as a teebird when thrown flat, just much shorter. Aka dead straight, predictable fade. When thrown with 100% power. It never flipped. I was steered to the pure as a replacement, but it sounds high speed understable. Is this accurate?

I'm starting to waffle between anodes and opto pures again. Pures seem to only want to go dead straight whereas I can line shape with my anodes better.

Frank Delicious said:
I'm starting to waffle between anodes and opto pures again. Pures seem to only want to go dead straight whereas I can line shape with my anodes better.

Sounds like the age old Buzzz vs. Roc story.

Latest posts