• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

I found two 176g EZE Pures in my shed and decided to give them a few tosses at my practice basket. Its safe to say my wizards are now riding the pine. They feel so good in my hand and my putting is far more consistant with the shallow rim.

I've been using EZE or TM2 for straight putting. I also haven't bought any plastic in the last few months so I haven't gotten a hold of any ZH. Original Zero was kinda mushy. I like it for winter time.

Speaking of the Recycled Pures they remind me of some of the Grip Pures from back in the day. oddly my only ace is from a domey grip Pure.

keltik said:
Jeronimo said:
Speaking of the Pure, while I still love it to death... I'm really starting to appreciate the Prodigy PA2 as a back up or dare I even say "replacement" to the slot the Pure fills in my bag. Blasphemy, I know. Also, the Mercy is an amazing putter and slower approach disc that really compliments the Pure. That is all.

you shut your mouth when you talk to me like that!!!

I do miss that Mercy that I lost.... I am also still very in love with the pure.

lololololol :lol:

Pure's are still straighter, but the PA2 can take more high speed torque without turning. The trade off there though is that the PA2 also dumps waaaaay earlier than the Pure does. I really do think they compliment each other pretty well off the tee. One for slightly windier conditions and one for pinpoint wooded accuracy.

The Mercy though... omg what a putter.

Needed a stable to slightly understable putter that won't fade (much) out of an anny line because I keep throwing my Fuse past everything but my Opto Pure always fades out and so looked through used bins today and bought a 7/10 176g Grip Pure for $4 thinking I already bag a 176g Opto Pure and since this is some nice feeling, baseline plastic maybe it has some turn... well I threw it three times and all three throws were straight with a very slight turn and no fade... Dropped 10 feet from the basket on a short but highly technical downhill (#6 at Shaver in CR, IA) and the third shot hit the basket on a, uh, I don't know 285'ish (marked 300' but I doubt it) slightly anny, slightly downhill (#14).

Sooooo, I go to find more Grip Pures and these things are freaking OOP, aren't they? Oy vey.

I use a zero hard pure and it has exactly the same flight you describe. Love the way that plastic feels too.

PMantle said:
Does flashing on the parting line affect flight in any particular way? I'd like more turn out of my opto.

Maybe? But not like flashing on the bottom. I really doubt it, unless it's severe.

If you want more turn, get a Zero, hard or soft...or the old Zero - which is what I use for turnover shots.

Fightingthetide said:
PMantle said:
Does flashing on the parting line affect flight in any particular way? I'd like more turn out of my opto.

Maybe? But not like flashing on the bottom. I really doubt it, unless it's severe.

If you want more turn, get a Zero, hard or soft...or the old Zero - which is what I use for turnover shots.
Waiting to see what a BT Swan does. If that isn't what i want, I'll look into those Pures. Thanks.

I tried a soft Pure and wasn't a fan.

Just got a zero hard Pure for putting and an opto Pure for approaches and short drives. I'm liking the combo.

I'm still a little up in the air between a DD classic hard Judge vs. the zero hard Pure for putting. They're quite similar, just debating which I like the feel of the best. Right now, being able to get the Pure in other plastics for approaches and driving is giving it the edge for me.

JTdisc said:
I tried a soft Pure and wasn't a fan.

Just got a zero hard Pure for putting and an opto Pure for approaches and short drives. I'm liking the combo.

I'm still a little up in the air between a DD classic hard Judge vs. the zero hard Pure for putting. They're quite similar, just debating which I like the feel of the best. Right now, being able to get the Pure in other plastics for approaches and driving is giving it the edge for me.

I switched to Judges because the bead isn't really in my way, and because the increased fade has really helped where I need to hyzer around a tree or I just need it to drop in on hyzer to keep from blowing past and going way downhill. And in terms of keeping it straight, it's just as straight as a Pure inside the circle. But that's just me. I have actually never thrown a Hard Zero. If you like one mold for all putting duties, stick with the Pure. I keep an old Zero Pure (pre-soft) next to my Hard and Soft Classic Judges for turnover shots.

Latest posts