• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Poll

The people want to know, or atleast i do

• Wizard

Votes: 68 33.7%
  • Other

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
sleepy said:
the invisible tree said:
I wonder if the people that say wizards drop too fast have tried using lighter ones.
All of my Wizards have been 168 - 170g. Is that light enough to notice less drop, or is it necessary to get down to 165g?

I've got a couple of 168 wizards and the 165s do seem to perform noticeably better. I don't suppose that 3g should make much difference but it does to me. 160g wizards are pretty cool too. The mold is so nice and stable that lighter wizards seem to give the best of both worlds for me.

Anakha said:
Sopuli said:
I guess I must be about the only one here putting with an Omega SS.
I seriously doubt it. Omega's are great putters.

Indeed. Just like I was saying, too many other really good putters are out there:

Omega, Aviar, BB Aviar, Magic, Voodoo, Warlock, Magnet, Challenger, Banger GT....the list can go on for a long while. Wizards are just super hyped here :p

Sopuli said:
I guess I must be about the only one here putting with an Omega SS.

I love the Omega SS and the Sirius Omega is so $$ for me! When I found the Omega, I gave all of my Wizards away… Its funny that the Sirius Omega plastic feels so good in my hand, but the Sirius OLS doesn't.

I've used the Wizard for the past couple of years for driving and putting. it is an awesome driver but it doesn't do as many lines as I would like. Putting with the Wizard can be difficult to get used to. The ION is straight up baller off the tee. I just recently put the challenger back in as my putting putter. ION + Challenger = Birdies.

EDIT: It appears that I voted other 2 years ago and then promptly switched to the Wizard and now I have switched back.

Since its windy here quite often, a P2. Works in every condition, and is the bomb off the tee. And is quite versatile in different stages of wear/stiffness.

Me gusta. :D

Sean40474 said:
Is there a way to reset the poll? I'd like to see more current numbers just out of curiosity. Maybe other options instead of just two as well.
A new thread perhaps?

No wait, this is DGR, we don't do that. My mistake!

I don't always make putts. But when I do, I prefer Omega SS 1.20's. Keep discin' my friends...

jcf5083 said:
I don't always make putts. But when I do, I prefer Omega SS 1.20's. Keep discin' my friends...

LOL, nice play. That commercial is so over the top. Too funny, I started reading it when that guy's commercial came on....had to post that.