• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Poll

The people want to know, or atleast i do

• Wizard

Votes: 68 33.7%
  • Other

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
I putt exclusively with Magics.

That being said, I do carry 1 organic wizard as an overstable compliment for driving and such. I don't like how the wizard drops so hard when used as a putter (not just the wiz, but all beaded putters from my experience)

Jsw said:
I think this poll is bunk. People are voting against the wizard to just be individuals. :lol:

Dude, it's all about non-conformity and personal style.

I've tried most of the aviars, challengers, magnets, VP/Summits, magics, warlock...the list goes on. Haven't tried some of the Euro putters or Canadian (polar bear?) and the voodoo still has me curious. So far, none can take the place of wizards for me. My only issue with the wizards is that I still can't beat one in to being understable. I either lose it first or the flight plate becomes too warped and wavy before the stability wears away. If only I could get a beat wizard to act like a magic. If it weren't for the wizards, it'd probably be aviars.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I use whatever I have the most confidence in... I'd putt with a bag of kittens if I had confidence it would go in.

That said, I prefer wizards (this year).

I've been putting with the Wiz for the past two or three years, but have recently switched to the Magic. I felt that the Wiz just had a touch too much stability/not quite enough glide and seemed to be falling off on long putts. Then again, it could just be me not lifting my skirt up high enough when putting. :mrgreen:

I still use the Wiz on hyzer putter approaches and drives, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually moves back into the main putter slot as well. It always has when I've tried other putters in the past. ;)

sleepy

mzuleger said:
I'd putt with a bag of kittens if I had confidence it would go in.

I can't say I recommend that. They get all panicked and wiggly while they're in the air and are constantly applying their own OAT to the throw.

They make a GREAT noise when they slam chains on a 200 foot throw, though!

Jsw said:
I think this poll is bunk. People are voting against the wizard to just be individuals. :lol:
Yeah, I throw that "obscure" Aviar just to show how different I am. :p

SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:

I can't say I recommend that. They get all panicked and wiggly while they're in the air and are constantly applying their own OAT to the throw.

SMACK! MEOW! THUMP!

SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:

I'm not going to lie, kittens have no glide.

trust me on this.

plus you get people arguing about when your disc came to rest.

Does putting successfully with kittens invalidate the negative connotations of "Meow"?

After putting with a wizard for 4 years...I switched to the voodoo. After putting with the voodoo for a year or so...I have moved on to other horizons. We will see how it works out.

I was all Aviar (PnA, KC, JK, Classic) for some time. Switched to Wizards, now I use a Voodoo for putts and Wiz for short drives or approaches.

BLURR said:
After putting with a wizard for 4 years...I switched to the voodoo. After putting with the voodoo for a year or so...I have moved on to other horizons. We will see how it works out.
What would that horizon be? Challengers?

Switched to the Wizards for a while, love 'em for driving and approaching and everything except... putting. The 1080's are back for that.

Frank_Delicious said:
SkaBob said:
mzuleger said:

I'm not going to lie, kittens have no glide.

trust me on this.

plus you get people arguing about when your disc came to rest.

Well I have had cats thrown at me before by a friends punk ass little brother and yes, they do glide, and they are VERY accurate!

One of the reasons you have to have them in a bag in sanctioned play is their active chain-grabbing capabilities give you an unfair advantage.

(read- Why yes, I've had a cat thrown at me too, and the little bastard held on!)

Wizahd...4 years and going strong, never putted with anything else. Well, there were those two rounds where I putted with my Champ BB Aviars...but pnly for part of the round.

Latest posts