• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

There's no poll...I think.

Good thing about Buzzz - does what I tell it to do. Straight = straight. Anny = anny. Hyzer = hyzer (sometimes).

Good thing about Roc - there are many different molds, so you're bound to find one that does what you want it to... I like the flat topped Roc (except mine got beaten in and doesn't fly right anymore).

I'll stick to Buzzz / Wasp combo rather than Roc / Roc / Roc combo...

But whatever works for you is what ends all arguments...since you won't listen after you've found what works for you...will you?

Both are great discs. I prefer the Roc... but I'm not Ken Climo (who also prefers the Roc) so it doesn't matter.

My game is based around the Buzzz. Once you get to this point with either disc, there's no going back. When I throw a Roc it feels like I'm driving a car that needs a serious tune up.

ROC is like an old beat up camaro with a mulleted driver, still rocks
Buzzz is like a well tuned toyota pickup, well made and reliable.
ion/core/etc..everthiong else.. makes me think of a ford focus, vw golfs, and new hybrids

I throw a buzz and wasp for mids, Putters are slowly replacing my need for a mid.

The title says "...to end all wars."

Good luck with that. There is no right answer so there will always be some disagreement.

Are you the same guy that gave Jimmy Carter a Nobel Peace Prize for Peace inthe Middle East and President Obama a Nobel Peace Prize too?? You might want to consider another line of work if you are. Your track record isn't so hot.

what mid(s) are you using? let me guess...core? cro? ion?

Nebulae and a Comet. (and Ion).

Sloppydisc said:
The title says "...to end all wars."

Good luck with that. There is no right answer so there will always be some disagreement.

Are you the same guy that gave Jimmy Carter a Nobel Peace Prize for Peace inthe Middle East and President Obama a Nobel Peace Prize too?? You might want to consider another line of work if you are. Your track record isn't so hot.

It's not my fault nobody stuck to my rules at the beginning of the thread. Not that it matters since all this mess is subjective anyway. And yes, I did use a double negative there.

The real question is, what is par? :p

Now that I have seen the infamous Nebulae fly, I fully support brotherdave's Nebulae habit. That Nebula thing is pretty much a Core in inferior plastic to what the powerful Swede's are making. But it fly's pretty nice. If brotherdave didn't own them all I might actually goof around with one.

lol first time I've heard of anybody throwing a nebula. An "interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen gas, helium gas and other ionised gases."

And since you mentioned Lat64, i have recently come to the conclusion that their "best" plastic, the GL, is pretty weak IMO. It's too dam slippery. It doesn't even come close to as grippy as the innova star plastic. It's like taking the champion plastic and spreading grease or oil on it. Bought a GL striker and sold it a few days later. Maybe I'm the only one who thought this was strange.

Not giving up on Lat though because they have some good discs. Just will never buy anything in GL again...

Fixed.

I like the consistent feel in my hand of only throwing one mold. With the Roc it starts out stable enough that I can use it as an overstable hyzer disc, then as it beats in it will fly straight and then after more wear it will turn over. Keeping three Rocs in the bag in various stages of wear will cover the full spectrum of midrange shots.

The Buzzz does not start out stable enough to do this and has to be combined with a Wasp to get the same effect. So you need TWO discs to do what the Roc does alone. Using simple mathematics, that makes the Buzzz only 1/2 the disc the Roc is. ;)

Well then why not just start out with a wasp. When it beats in it flies straight, a little longer and it will turnover, Wala three wasps to cover all shots.

I like the roc. However there are too many differant variations of the same disc. I will go with the wasp. Feels just like a roc in your hand. A little more comfortable to me as it has a flatter top in most cases. And I can replace my z-wasp any time I want to for 12.99 on DGC. Try to do that with a champ Roc.

And to the OP. The skeeter Rocs my socs as well! My first Midrange disc and still my most consistent.

Okay back to the original plan.

Roc- To me it seems like it is easier to shape lines with a Roc than a buzzz. Also they always give away DX Rocs at tournys so you can get a stack pretty quick that way.

Buzzz- Throw it Low, Flat, and hard and the buzzz does what in my opinion it does best. The Roc may be great for shaping lines, however the buzzz is great at going long and straight which is what you need most of the time.

So just put one of each in your bag and be done with it.

lol first time I've heard of anybody throwing a nebula. An "interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen gas, helium gas and other ionised gases."

And since you mentioned Lat64, i have recently come to the conclusion that their "best" plastic, the GL, is pretty weak IMO. It's too dam slippery. It doesn't even come close to as grippy as the innova star plastic. It's like taking the champion plastic and spreading grease or oil on it. Bought a GL striker and sold it a few days later. Maybe I'm the only one who thought this was strange.

Not giving up on Lat though because they have some good discs. Just will never buy anything in GL again...

GL looks the prettiest, but I wouldn't say it's their best. I like Opto the best, grippy, champ-like and indestructible, now if they can just make it non-chameleon clear.

Don't be knocking my Nebula, it's a gas! *dodges rotten lettuce*

I think I'm a new buzzz convert. Now, it's not that I had never thrown a buzzz, had one in my bag in the beginning, at some point I had convinced myself that I'd rather throw a roc. I've been carrying 2-3 rocs. Last night I played some glow disc on the final 9 course here in Bowling Green, I always thought Cryztal plastic would light up well, sure enough I played an awesome round with just a cryztal buzzz and cryztal challenger. So, even though I'd had a few beers, I took the chance and put a cryztal buzzz in my bag for the first tourney round, and damn - that thing goes exactly where I command.

Buzzz, you've been trying to tell me that you deserve a spot in my bag over the last several months, congratulations, I don't think I'm ever going anywhere without one.

It's alive!

I've been trying out a Buzzz also but there are still many shots where I prefer the feel and flight of a Roc. The New Z Buzzz I have does seem to be able to go much straighter out of the box without a lot of effort though.

Latest posts