• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

we had a tournament over this on october 3. team roc and team buzzz. team roc won.

Did you do two rounds, where Team Roc in round 1 becomes Team Buzzz in round 2??? And vice-versa?

:popcorn:

And Martin - welcome to sweetness. I recommend getting a D Buzzz (the chalky kind, not the waxy kind of course). It is sooooo good.

I don't get this comparison at all. Isn't this like comparing a TeeBird and a Leopard, or some other comparison where the discs aren't similar at all?

Seems silly.

Or maybe thats the two shots of Crown talkin

I don't get this comparison at all. Isn't this like comparing a TeeBird and a Leopard, or some other comparison where the discs aren't similar at all?

Seems silly.

I agree I believe it should be more or less Beat Roc vs Buzzz if anything. It could also be as simple as do you like a mid with a bead, or a mid without a bead?

But that could be the ambien that doesn't seem to have made me tired so I should at least be hallucinating... but nope.

Seems silly.

It's not just you, but maybe that's the Hefeweisen talking. :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The Buzzz is my most favorite disc ever! I throw it on almost every hole. I have started to throw the Stalker now, and are having favorable throws with them. I can get a little more distance with them than a Buzzz. I know many of you like Rocs, but I don't care for their inconsistancies and their need to be broken in. I can grab a Buzzz right of the shelf new and achieve amazing results with it! (Amazing results by my standards!)

My local par 3, Shenley Park is slowly becoming the Buzzz + Aviar course. I really love the consistency of my Z Buzzz. FLX was good for the winter also.

Yeah, why is this a Roc vs. Buzzz war at all?? (Buzzz would win anyway)

This should be Roc vs. Wasp, or Roc vs. Vector, or even better...

Buzzz vs. Core!

Yeah, I think of both differently. The Buzzz I see as a single disc neutral enough that can shape lines and a Roc I see as a disc that covers a huge array of shots as specialty over the course of its lifetime.

It's because when the roc breaks into its sweet spot (where it stays for awhile) they are very very similar

There was a roc vs buzzz tourny a while ago before winter. Players could have a putter and then whatever Rocs or buzzz's they wanted. No drivers, no other mids. Rocs won I believe.

I think thats what brought this thread back from the dead.

Was there a limit to the number of Rocs they were allowed to use? Limit in number or different molds of Roc? Because it could have been an army vs a single mold.

I think thats what brought this thread back from the dead.

Was there a limit to the number of Rocs they were allowed to use? Limit in number or different molds of Roc? Because it could have been an army vs a single mold.

which is why roc is superior

Why?
Cause those 6 or more discs are better than the single mold?

That would seem to make sense maybe

It should be limited in molds such as buzzz tooled buzzz vs rancho roc

Or whatever bazillion different mold of roc there is

Why?
Cause those 6 or more discs are better than the single mold?

That would seem to make sense maybe

It should be limited in molds such as buzzz tooled buzzz vs rancho roc

Or whatever bazillion different mold of roc there is

bro its personal preference, I was half mocking

plus rocs aren't hard to sort out and the good ones are 7$

All good
I think any mid choice is personal preference...actually make that any disc
It has to feel right

i have only thrown a KC Pro ROC and a Z Buzzz....

the roc will go farther for me, maybe 40' more avg.

the buzzz will hold a straighter line at lower speeds.

but i can also throw my aviar the same distance as the buzzz so i dont really need one.

i think a buzzz is a good disc for someone who has trouble with throwing hard, and your midrange throws are around 250-300, they hold the best lines at that range for a mid.

Latest posts