• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saint or escape!?

I really liked the Opto Saint I had, but I've been disappointed with the lower-than-expected stability of the Gold Line ones I tried to replace it with. I turn those GL Saints over easier and more to the right than my Escape. Just my opinion, but the "overstable" part of "overstable control driver" isn't really working for me on the GL Saints. If you account for that, they are good discs though, just overlap with other stuff, like my Gold Line Vision - which I love.

OK, so if my Fury is not too understable for me, does that mean a Saint would be a better pair with it than an Escape? I am struggling with this one. Don't need a meathook, but need something to throw when the Fury is not the right choice.

In my experience, yes; but it depends on plastic type. A GL Saint is a good "more stable" compliment to a GL Fury. My (same weight) OPTO Fury and GL Saints fly nearly identical lines...

I, too, considered the Escape as a Fury compliment. The virtually identical hand feel of the Saint (regardless of stability and wind fighting capability) won me over. From my examinations, it appears the Fury is a Saint top, small parting-line spacer and a new "less-stable" bottom; analogous to the Tursas / Warship pairing.

In practice, the Saint is a *little* unreliable in the wind. But that's where the (similarly dimensioned) Stag comes in... :thmbup:

In my experience, yes; but it depends on plastic type. A GL Saint is a good "more stable" compliment to a GL Fury. My (same weight) OPTO Fury and GL Saints fly nearly identical lines...

I, too, considered the Escape as a Fury compliment. The virtually identical hand feel of the Saint (regardless of stability and wind fighting capability) won me over. From my examinations, it appears the Fury is a Saint top, small parting-line spacer and a new "less-stable" bottom; analogous to the Tursas / Warship pairing.

In practice, the Saint is a *little* unreliable in the wind. But that's where the (similarly dimensioned) Stag comes in... :thmbup:

Thanks so much. My Fury is opto(not my 1st choice). Scared a GL Saint may be too close to the opto Fury. Fusion Escape maybe?

For me escapes are more stable than saints at the same weight. I wouldn't suggest throwing either of them into a medium to strong headwind or a crosswind that will get under the flight plate.

I chose Saints over Escapes because the Escape is virtually the same speed as a Beast, and to me a Beast is a distance driver. The difference is small, but for me the Saint is closer to a 7-9 speed fairway driver.

I chose Saints over Escapes because the Escape is virtually the same speed as a Beast, and to me a Beast is a distance driver. The difference is small, but for me the Saint is closer to a 7-9 speed fairway driver.

Interesting. I actually think the Saint is more of a speed 10 and the escape a true 9. I don't know the actual specs from the PDGA but I thought the rim width was close on them. I get about the same distance from them both depending on the line but the saint finishes straighter for me. The escape does really well with S curves for me, I carry one in lucid one in biofuzion, bio being more hss slightly.

Get them both. I think they are pretty different discs. My GL Saint goes basically dead straight, and my Escape has a nice fade at the end.

This. The Saint is a pretty unique combination of distance, glide, and minimal fade. When facing a headwind or when needing a strong finish, I grab something else.

So, I order an Escape yesterday morning after much consideration. I play an afternoon round only to find a perfect trade: my too heavy Renegade for his bio Escape. I head to a good test hole only to find that this Escape flies almost exactly like my Fury. :-(

Sure hope this new one has less turn.

What is the most hss escape? I have heard moonshine plastic tends to mold up more OS than the other plastics. So I would guess a moonshine escape would be the most OS? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Would I also be correct to assume that any saint pro is more OS than an escape?

So, I order an Escape yesterday morning after much consideration. I play an afternoon round only to find a perfect trade: my too heavy Renegade for his bio Escape. I head to a good test hole only to find that this Escape flies almost exactly like my Fury. :-(

Sure hope this new one has less turn.

That's ludicrous, not saying you're wrong, but it ain't right. A new fury, is nothing like a new escape. And this is coming from an escape aficionado.

You unfortunately sound like you've received tainted test subjects...

MS--->BioFuzion seem to be more OS to me. Saint pro is a great OS compliment to the Escape & Saint.

I love my Escape. Don't throw it much currently just because I have been playing a small bag lately and I can get by with just the Stalker for everything I wanted the Escape to do. There are certain shots I miss it on though. It reminds me of a slightly more HSS Valkyrie. The Saints I have thrown on the other hand were unreliable for me. I'm sure a lot of it was my form, but they never clicked for me.

That's ludicrous, not saying you're wrong, but it ain't right. A new fury, is nothing like a new escape. And this is coming from an escape aficionado.

You unfortunately sound like you've received tainted test subjects...

His Escape was used.

His Escape was used.
That's my point, maybe it was a new fury and beat up light weight escape.. Only thing I can think?
I took my Saint out of the bag, I seriously hate that disc. PD, Thunderbird, Escape, all better choices,
On another note. I LOVE the Saint Pro.

My sentiments exactly. Don't throw the saint but love the saint pro / escape combo.

Must be power dependent, because Saint is right in my wheelhouse, with the classic Teebird-like flight. Escape seems more like a Saint Pro to me. Of course I've thrown a few Saints, but only 1 Escape, so I am less familiar with the possibilities weights and plastics can introduce.

River flies for me the way a lot of you describe Saint.

Saints probably vary by plastic.

I have an RGL Saint that is slippery and flippy. I'd try an Opto Saint, but, I have a Striker that I like in that slot. I have a Lucid Escape that is nice and stable with a solid fade. I wouldn't compare it to my RGL Saint.

Latest posts