• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen 10 other posts from catalyst owners and none have had a single issues. I keep hearing the construction is solid, it's extremely comfortable on the back, the side storage works exactly as described fitting a hoodie easily and getting some good feedback on the go get it storage as well

sounds good to me. I knew it would be a solid product. its that tricky little thing called logistics. but in the end, if the product is good and the price is right people will buy it. Grip had one of the WORST starts a company could have. that dude ( i forget his name, Jason maybe? was getting hatemail constantly.) but they figured it out and the product was good. I have a feeling the same thing will apply here.

:clap::thmbup:

That bodes well, at least for customer happiness.

I think we can all agree that this has been a mess for sure. But if the bags stand up, then at least there's something that comes of this.

I think still we'll see a number of them on the Marketplace soon. I don't think people have too much confidence in Salient taking care of them if they have issues, so they'd rather just jump ship.

im glad you are inside peoples minds. and know what they are gonna do. so far, I havent heard that at all.

That bodes well, at least for customer happiness.

I think we can all agree that this has been a mess for sure. But if the bags stand up, then at least there's something that comes of this.

I think still we'll see a number of them on the Marketplace soon. I don't think people have too much confidence in Salient taking care of them if they have issues, so they'd rather just jump ship.

to which point I will reach out and try to convince them otherwise and take care of them should any issues arise or if they just don't like the bag, get feedback from that as well. I'm keeping track of everything said about this bag so it continue to be improved in the future runs

to which point I will reach out and try to convince them otherwise and take care of them should any issues arise or if they just don't like the bag, get feedback from that as well. I'm keeping track of everything said about this bag so it continue to be improved in the future runs

You can't fix everything DG.

Especially not for free. :\

at least he is trying. and showing good faith, and positivity. what have you done positive today? or do you just enjoy trying to see something fail?

Interesting that you would comment on me being positive. You've been nothing but rude to people on here.

You might be standing up for a company that you believe in, but if you do so with animosity it makes you no better than those who are negative in this thread.

I think that DG has done what he can. He's doing a really nice job with what he is given. I just don't think they give him enough for all he's doing for them. He's single handedly trying to save Salient's reputation on DGCR. I don't know that it's going to work.

He's a stand up guy. I think he deserves more than he's getting.

You can't fix everything DG.

Especially not for free. :\

no you're right I can't, but guess what that's the beauty about having a passion for the game and company. I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT I GET OUT OF IT. I'm one if the few that sees potential in this company and I'm sticking with it. it will pay off some day, but it's gonna take work patience and dedication

Yeah, I guess you're right that customer opinions matter.

I always thought that potential customers opinions mattered, too. But I guess I was wrong.

If you sent it to [email protected], it never made it to Kilgus.

It would be hilarious if that was the problem all along. Sorry constantlyej, but it would be hilarious whether you were ever told to email that address or if you just mistakenly emailed it. It would be sad, too.

Kilgus wasn't organized enough to purchase the domain name salientdiscs.com, even though he spent the majority of the past year promoting that as their coming website. HeavyCritters else picked it up and forced Kilgus to go with salient-discs.com.

That's hilarious as well. Who doesn't buy up domains before they start promoting things? It takes ten minutes. Heck, buy domains you THINK you might use. They cost very little.

It's not entirely useless. He could start an alternate, hate site.

Or just redirect the domain to grip-eq.com. Or this thread.

----

I'm twiddling my thumbs until Monday, since my bag didn't ship until Thursday, December 12, despite pre-ordering on the first day the bags were available for pre-order…

Last edited:

I always thought that potential customers opinions mattered, too. But I guess I was wrong.

u are not a potential customer. you are a PITA. like that burr u step on at the beach. or whatever the comparative thing is in Wisconsin.

I'd say there's no potential that you'll be a customer, present or future. You're adding nothing more to the thread, yet you continue to spout the same negative drivel against Chris and the company.

u are not a potential customer. you are a PITA. like that burr u step on at the beach. or whatever the comparative thing is in Wisconsin.

Everyone is a potential customer.

Either way, the internet certainly does bring out the worst in people. Myself included.

I know you don't care about my opinion. But this thread isn't just for fanboys.

If Salient had handled this differently, I would have been interested in a bag this size. I would love something at that price point and something smaller than a Grip.

But knowing what I know about the history of Physical Flight and Salient, I just can't support a company like that.

Are you having a nice Saturday, Tourneyplayer?

Either way, the internet certainly does bring out the worst in people. Myself included.

It takes a special kind of person to be proud of their inner anus.

At some point, most people recognize they're being their worst and stop. I hope you realize it's time to stop soon.

No. I am not. Im stuck at work, its ****ing raining outside, and this guy on the internet wont stop bitching about something he isnt going to buy. and he based his opinions off of all the crap that was allowed to spew on the internet.

everybody deserves second chances. I think Salient is included in this. If, and this is a big if, but If the rest of these bags, (when they make it to their recipients) are quality fully intact bags, and people are satisfied, will you are your bros stfu about it? and move on?

Here's the long, sordid story: I originally bought the name when I clicked on Kilgus' signature that contained www.salientdiscs.com and it went nowhere. Who starts a company, pimps a link, but doesn't own the URL??

There was never really any malice on my part starting out. I didn't really like Physical Flight because of their arrogance, but I wasn't a hater.

So, for $1.99 I thought it would be funny to buy it. I have nothing to do with the facebook or twitter feeds.

Chris' web designer reached out to me asking me what I wanted for it. I told them to make me an offer. They then bought www.salient-discs.com. I asked Chris if he would be willing to trade the domain name and let me be either a tester or send me some product or a bag or something. I was also willing to sell it to him.

He never responded to me.

I started getting email inquiries, orders, questions, complaints, you name it. I let Chris know that this was happening from the get go.

He never responded.

I sent Chris weekly updates on the generalities of what was coming in and he never replied. I deleted everything that came in and told him I was doing it.

He never responded.

Here is the last email update I sent to him:

"Complaints recently have been more about how the disc flies rather than not receiving them. Some praise about the flight as well. All deleted.

I'm not going to email you these updates anymore. I'll respond only when you come to your senses and make me a legitimate offer for the URLs. I'll keep deleting all messages (good and bad) as they come in.

I honestly think it's pretty sad the lack of care you have about your customers that you're not taking the steps to deal with them directly.

Says a lot about your character and your company."

He never responded.

THIS is why I became a anti-Salient guy. I didn't have anything against the product, but the lack of customer care and company arrogance that has now been well documented on this thread.

I will gladly sell www.salientdiscs.com to Kilgus for two unattached backpack straps.

No. I am not. Im stuck at work, its ****ing raining outside, and this guy on the internet wont stop bitching about something he isnt going to buy. and he based his opinions off of all the crap that was allowed to spew on the internet.

everybody deserves second chances. I think Salient is included in this. If, and this is a big if, but If the rest of these bags, (when they make it to their recipients) are quality fully intact bags, and people are satisfied, will you are your bros stfu about it? and move on?

I think that people will calm down if everything goes smoothly from here on out.

And I think what caused all the rise on this thread this week wasn't even the strapless bag, but the lying about the shipping and how they handled some situations.

I don't think any reasonable person can think that something so new could ever go on without problems.

But lying about when bags were shipped, telling a customer with bag that wasn't finished he would have to pay to ship it back and censoring everyone on their facebook that said anything at all (they even censored people who asked about tracking!) is what caused people to be so frustrated.

They've not handled themselves very well.

All it would have taken was a "Hey, guys. We're a pretty small company and since so many of you ordered bags, it's gonna be a little while until we can check these fully and get them sent out. We want to make sure you're bags are up to our standards and that you're getting a product you're going to be happy with. Thanks for your patience."

Problem solved.

but why are you frustrated? the only people bitching (except for Iacas (the pocket) Bacon and Cam) are you and heavyc etc. the others i have no problem with them being frustrated. but why are you frustrated? why do you care? I know its not some noble cause for the greater good. so are you that miserable in your frigid life that you have nothing better to do than stir the pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.