• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually is a "cause for the greater good."

My hope was that by pushing hard enough, Salient might actually treat their customers with respect.

I don't think it's going to work.

Last edited:
There's a point where pointing out flaws goes beyond "the greater good" and because asinine. You've crossed that line.

The fact that you aren't even a customer makes it even worse. There are plenty of documented issues in this thread that anyone looking to research before purchasing could see. There's no need for your "white knight"ing.

If you want them to treat their customers to your level of quality, whining on a forum they don't visit isn't going to help anything.

Hillary is really the one that ticked me off when I asked about the October ship date on Facebook. She was very rude and flip about it, and it really irritated me. If that conversation had never taken place with her I think I would have felt less aggravated by the rest.

I even left a phone message in the beginning asking to speak with Chris and left my phone # and asked for a return phone call and never received one.

thats no good. and I understand that frustration. only thing I can chalk it up to is growing pains and not being prepared. what they tried to do was quite a task for a small company. they didnt set the correct expectations. underdelivering is always the worst thing to do in sales. I just hope they are fixing these problems.

I even left a phone message in the beginning asking to speak with Chris and left my phone # and asked for a return phone call and never received one.

then as I mentioned before, contact me at my email. I will get you in touch with whoever you want should you have a problem cam.

then as I mentioned before, contact me at my email. I will get you in touch with whoever you want should you have a problem cam.

Yeah this was a couple months back, as long the bag is decent I'm good to go. I honestly don't see myself throwing their discs, mainly because I'm pretty set. I'm not gonna purchase another bag from them, but I won't hate on the bag if its good.

Last edited:
I try not to get involved here as 95% of the stuff I read in the thread is useless garbage. Iv never once contacted company's by Facebook pages, iv always looked at Facebook pages as a way for a company to get info out, if you want a company to contact you email them don't get pissed off when they ask you to email them and to not contact them by Facebook.

Before this whole shipping dates being wrong went down everyone was pissed when the estimated delivery date was not met. This estimated delivery date then turned into a promised date by people on this page. I know everyone is going to say that never happen. He said she said whatever I really don't care. Gus just take a chill pill relax for a bit and go find something else to do with your day. They made a initial mistake with the never sewed bag but they now fixed that.

I'm personally am sitting In front of a tv that has not worked in over a month. The company has been around a lot longer than salient. It's under warrenty, they sent a tech out and he was here for 3.5hrs to installed 2 boards that I could have installed in under and hour. He used my flash light and my multimeter and the tv is less functional than before he got here. So now I guessi should go on some message board and piss and moan and piss and moan some more. No I contacted the company and getting it dealt with. Am I without a tv longer than I should yes I believe I am. Is it the end of the god damn world? No it's not guys it's a god for saken disc golf bag. You guys will have it next week. You know it's coming to you.

I contacted through private messaging on Facebook I consider that no different than an email. I also contacted email direct with the same results. In the new world Facebook is a viable option.

I try not to get involved here as 95% of the stuff I read in the thread is useless garbage. Iv never once contacted company's by Facebook pages, iv always looked at Facebook pages as a way for a company to get info out, if you want a company to contact you email them don't get pissed off when they ask you to email them and to not contact them by Facebook.

Before this whole shipping dates being wrong went down everyone was pissed when the estimated delivery date was not met. This estimated delivery date then turned into a promised date by people on this page. I know everyone is going to say that never happen. He said she said whatever I really don't care. Gus just take a chill pill relax for a bit and go find something else to do with your day. They made a initial mistake with the never sewed bag but they now fixed that.

I'm personally am sitting In front of a tv that has not worked in over a month. The company has been around a lot longer than salient. It's under warrenty, they sent a tech out and he was here for 3.5hrs to installed 2 boards that I could have installed in under and hour. He used my flash light and my multimeter and the tv is less functional than before he got here.So now I guessi should go on some message board and piss and moan and piss and moan some more. No I contacted the company and getting it dealt with. Am I without a tv longer than I should yes I believe I am. Is it the end of the god damn world? No it's not guys it's a god for saken disc golf bag. You guys will have it next week. You know it's coming to you.
Ya kinda just did?

LOL!!!! says a lot about yours too.

and its "this is why I became an anti-Salient guy"

I agree. You bought a domain a company stupidly didn't buy first, tried to "exchange" it for what YOU thought was fair, the company didn't respond to your emails… and so you became a troll.

Great. :p

That reflects poorly on Chris only for not buying the domain name first, and reflects really poorly on you for everything after that.

Geez.

Still twiddling thumbs.

@TourneyPlayer, I'm ticked about the size of the top storage, but if that had been the only issue, I'd be fine. Stuff happens. What really bugs me are the lies, in part because they were completely unnecessary.

And even with the lies I probably would have been fine letting things go if someone from Salient at least admitted that they'd lied relatively quickly. "Yeah, sorry, we don't know why we lied, but you're right - your bags didn't ship on the 9th, they shipped on the 12th. It was stupid of us to blame UPS. And we changed the size of the top storage area and didn't bother to tell anyone. Maybe we forgot that we'd put initial dimensions out there, we don't know - but it's our fault for not explicitly sharing updated information as soon as we knew it."

Too late now though.

Last edited:
Damn, Steink. You are literally the biggest troll I've ever seen anywhere on the net...and you're not even original with your trolling. You just spout drivel, but don't even have a dog in the hunt. Take your Grip bag and kick rocks man.

@iacas,

your completely right. my only thought is that really they were screwed either way. and with them being so small, maybe they thought people wouldnt notice. they did describe it as a cell phone, wallet etc pocket. but the dimensions should either not been released, stayed as planned or changed and acknowledged. the shipping thing doesnt really bother me. it happens all the time. logistics are a NIGHTMARE. honesty would have been the best route, and we dont know for sure that they didnt ship when planned. but I do know that UPS guarantees a day, and if its not delivered by that day then the shipping is free. so maybe Salient could show where they got a refund? or just admit they didnt get picked up until later.

your completely right. my only thought is that really they were screwed either way. and with them being so small, maybe they thought people wouldnt notice. they did describe it as a cell phone, wallet etc pocket. but the dimensions should either not been released, stayed as planned or changed and acknowledged.

Meh. Like I said, I was and kind of am fine with the size of the pocket changing (though they probably should have let people get refunds when the decision was made to drastically change the size of the pocket). It's the lies that bother me more.

the shipping thing doesnt really bother me. it happens all the time.

I could understand a shipping delay too. But don't lie to me about it. I said many times I am not playing until March or something, but for three days I spent time worrying and wondering just why my tracking wasn't working, if my box was lost or damaged, etc.

People can understand a lot of mistakes and problems. Lying is stupid.

honesty would have been the best route, and we dont know for sure that they didnt ship when planned. but I do know that UPS guarantees a day, and if its not delivered by that day then the shipping is free. so maybe Salient could show where they got a refund? or just admit they didnt get picked up until later.

It's pretty certain that the packages weren't delivered to the UPS Store (btw, who ships a bunch of stuff via a UPS Store?) until the 12th despite them telling us time and time again that they were all sent by the 9th.

UPS (even a Store) did not have 50+ large boxes sitting around for three days.

So again, to be clear, I don't really care about the pocket size (I don't store a lot of stuff, so while it was important to me, the side storage might make up for it), or when the bag gets here, but lying for no reason is obnoxious and a big pet peeve of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.