• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad u can share ur opinions. May I ask what bag u are carrying?

if you are asking me i carry a simian and a squirrel monkey. I have had a grip a phenix a voodoo mojo. And if any of pf bags were good there would be more runs made. that is all. if its such a killer bag or bags where are they? sold out of every run is a moot point.

Pretty much what I thought why your opinion means little to me.

If u look through my posts. I don't really give my thoughta on the bag. Just want people to look at this from a real life perspective. The bag is in peoples hands (not many unfortunately) but those that have it are pleased with it. The proof is right there.

lessons from salient.
1. never never pre order. that is short for you are funding the start up.
2. never never promise something you have no control over.
3. if you messed up own it.

if you are asking me i carry a simian and a squirrel monkey. I have had a grip a phenix a voodoo mojo. And if any of pf bags were good there would be more runs made. that is all. if its such a killer bag or bags where are they? sold out of every run is a moot point.

tell me this then, ergo is a great bag. I have never seen one in my area. spinal tap is a great bag, never seen one in my area, prodiscus a huge bag and from what I hear great, never seen one in my area. a freaking mahal, never seen one in my area. so I guess that means all 4 of these bags just don't have good quality cause no one has them....think about it. how many backpacks are out there right now, quite a good number not to mention DIY. just because you haven't seen a physical flight bag in your area doesn't mean it hasn't sold well...

Grip started with preorders.

they sure did and messed up very badly. i mean bad. but they owned the mess and I am certain they will not make that mistake again. great point, grip handled it as well as they could have at the time. Salient had the opportunity coming out later to learn from mistakes other companies made. They choose to ignore it. Must be the lack of hippies there.

this is really simple business 101 stuff we are talking about. I have visited lemonade stands in the summer with more business sense than salient. Im not saying i could do this myself, i don't want to. I am saying i own everything i do mistakes and all.

tell me this then, ergo is a great bag. I have never seen one in my area. spinal tap is a great bag, never seen one in my area, prodiscus a huge bag and from what I hear great, never seen one in my area. a freaking mahal, never seen one in my area. so I guess that means all 4 of these bags just don't have good quality cause no one has them....think about it. how many backpacks are out there right now, quite a good number not to mention DIY. just because you haven't seen a physical flight bag in your area doesn't mean it hasn't sold well...
never felt any of those bags up. would never make an opinion on something i have never seen or felt. i waited to order my simian until i saw one and was able to try it on. I cannot honestly order a bag without seeing it in action. so yeah...

All i am saying if physical flight bags were good they would keep making them and try to get them into more and more peoples hands. I never said anything about the quality of the other bags.

my opinion of this bag is now and forever clouded by the reality of the company that makes the bag. its made by crooks. I have no intention to support that kind of business. never.

I'm sure ill see an ergo here eventually, spinal taps are here at least a couple. pro discus i have seen. come to think of it the only bags i have not seen are the ergo 2 ( rare) and any of the pf bags. I have seen every other bag out there. EVERY one except pf. That is saying something.

You live in a cave? Lol I live in Iowa a considerably small state and I see all those bags at any given tournament.

honestly I'm not interested in a pro down south carrying a free bag that does not exist anymore. I wonder if he would want to be a part of salient if he knew what was going on. his opinion would not matter to me what so ever. Again i am not knocking any of the bags at all just the awesome display of how not to run a business in todays environment. social media is a very powerful tool which can greatly help a company grow. It can also hurt as well. The bag aside the company making it has clearly bitten off more than it can chew and excuses and shifting blame is no way to clear the air and do business.

I personally pay for quality and I am not scared to do so. I owned a grip and loved it. only reason its gone is it was just too big for me. I was wanting this catalyst to be a great bag cause its right in the size range i was hoping for. At this point even if salient wanted to give one to me id turn it down. I cannot support a company that cannot own up to their mistakes and oversights.

I guarantee MJ would not want to be a part of Salient.

Loving all these keyboard business owners. Also loving those putting the supporter on blast for judging a bag they haven't seen in person based on the majority of actual customer comments, but it's fine for those making negative comments.

I've seen some PF bags in person, and I was really impressed with how stoutly built they were despite having a lower cost than their competitors. The positive comments (from everyone but the one person who got an unchecked/unfinished bag) match what I've seen. I do think it's inexcusable to have even the one unfinished bag get shipped though.

I don't blame PF for leaving DGCR though. The biggest haters in this thread didn't even lay their money down for a bag, but they can sure express their opinions on the company and its product like they did.

I got into disc golf because the people I met were generally friendly and nice. It's too bad that's dying as the sport grows.

Played a 9 hole course through 4x today with a couple friends, bag held up fine. Carried two waters on the sides and 6 beers (3 on each of the large side pockets). Bag sits balanced on uneven terrain -- if that god damn top pocket was the size I expected the bag would live up to all expectations.

Salient deserves some flak for the poor communication and not owning up to mistakes, but at the same time this bag is very nice for the money. I was skeptical as hell for awhile, but I will likely be keeping the bag.

I recommend people reserve judgment until you have personally seen the bag-- seeing comments from people who have never seen the bag saying "this is obviously a ****ty bag," that is just completely ignorant and moronic. At the price point its at, this bag is very solid and if they make the top pocket larger in future models it will be all the rage~

PS. No, not everyone is a 'potential customer,' they(Salient) have a niche even if you can't see it. Marketing would be pretty easy if everyone is in your target market, but it doesn't work that way. It's a medium size back pack for people didn't want to shell 200.00 + out for a larger bag and people who wanted a backpack style bag to begin with, and minus the disastrous PR, I am happy with the bag and would recommend it to others.

TLDR: Solid bag, terrible PR from Salient as a company, reserve judgment on bag quality until you have personally seen it. Hope this helps~

I knew that line was coming. I made a ton of bags too and sold every one. All 7 of them and everyone loved them. ( repourposed army bags) so I must be as good as salient then! Small runs sold out means nothing at all. Look at gorilla boy he is small and I'd bet at any given moment i would find one on almost any course out there. Not just here is Wisconsin.

ive never seen anyone on a course with a gb bag besides me..but they are spectacular bags

Played a 9 hole course through 4x today with a couple friends, bag held up fine. Carried two waters on the sides and 6 beers (3 on each of the large side pockets). Bag sits balanced on uneven terrain -- if that god damn top pocket was the size I expected the bag would live up to all expectations.

Salient deserves some flak for the poor communication and not owning up to mistakes, but at the same time this bag is very nice for the money. I was skeptical as hell for awhile, but I will likely be keeping the bag.

I recommend people reserve judgment until you have personally seen the bag-- seeing comments from people who have never seen the bag saying "this is obviously a ****ty bag," that is just completely ignorant and moronic. At the price point its at, this bag is very solid and if they make the top pocket larger in future models it will be all the rage~

PS. No, not everyone is a 'potential customer,' they(Salient) have a niche even if you can't see it. Marketing would be pretty easy if everyone is in your target market, but it doesn't work that way. It's a medium size back pack for people didn't want to shell 200.00 + out for a larger bag and people who wanted a backpack style bag to begin with, and minus the disastrous PR, I am happy with the bag and would recommend it to others.

TLDR: Solid bag, terrible PR from Salient as a company, reserve judgment on bag quality until you have personally seen it. Hope this helps~

Glad to hear a positive personal experience with the bag. And I don't disagree with the PR.

I got into disc golf because the people I met were generally friendly and nice. It's too bad that's dying as the sport grows.

Same here. I think but 2/3 to 3/4 of the people I meet on the course, have never heard of DGCR. They are just there to have fun. They couldn't tell you what PLH is and they flick Sidewinders and then get made when it flips....I want to go back to the time when that was me.

Loving all these keyboard business owners. Also loving those putting the supporter on blast for judging a bag they haven't seen in person based on the majority of actual customer comments, but it's fine for those making negative comments.

I've seen some PF bags in person, and I was really impressed with how stoutly built they were despite having a lower cost than their competitors. The positive comments (from everyone but the one person who got an unchecked/unfinished bag) match what I've seen. I do think it's inexcusable to have even the one unfinished bag get shipped though.

I don't blame PF for leaving DGCR though. The biggest haters in this thread didn't even lay their money down for a bag, but they can sure express their opinions on the company and its product like they did.

:clap::clap::clap:

Roasted em'

I will take this moment to apologize for name calling... I shouldn't have stooped to that level. That specific person had specifically called me out and used that word against me, but I am bigger then that...

Lets move on and talk about how amazing this bag is

Status
Not open for further replies.