• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a 9 hole course through 4x today with a couple friends, bag held up fine. Carried two waters on the sides and 6 beers (3 on each of the large side pockets). Bag sits balanced on uneven terrain -- if that god damn top pocket was the size I expected the bag would live up to all expectations.

Salient deserves some flak for the poor communication and not owning up to mistakes, but at the same time this bag is very nice for the money. I was skeptical as hell for awhile, but I will likely be keeping the bag.

I recommend people reserve judgment until you have personally seen the bag-- seeing comments from people who have never seen the bag saying "this is obviously a ****ty bag," that is just completely ignorant and moronic. At the price point its at, this bag is very solid and if they make the top pocket larger in future models it will be all the rage~

PS. No, not everyone is a 'potential customer,' they(Salient) have a niche even if you can't see it. Marketing would be pretty easy if everyone is in your target market, but it doesn't work that way. It's a medium size back pack for people didn't want to shell 200.00 + out for a larger bag and people who wanted a backpack style bag to begin with, and minus the disastrous PR, I am happy with the bag and would recommend it to others.

TLDR: Solid bag, terrible PR from Salient as a company, reserve judgment on bag quality until you have personally seen it. Hope this helps~

Thanks for the review! I'm feeling more inclined to look forward to my bag.

I like the idea of the handle on the top of the bag. Half the time I carry my Fade Crunch on the side of the main compartment. I have a new Grip A I'm surprising myself with for Christmas and wonder if I'll miss not having a carrying handle.

I like the idea of the handle on the top of the bag. Half the time I carry my Fade Crunch on the side of the main compartment. I have a new Grip A I'm surprising myself with for Christmas and wonder if I'll miss not having a carrying handle.

There's a handle that's intergrated into the straps. I don't have a Grip, but I have an Easton bat bag that I'm pretty sure is where Grip got the idea, and it's incredibly handy.

The Grip A series has a top handle. Unless you're talking about something else. The handle I'm referring too is the one between the shoulder straps on the top of the bag.

I actually preferred the Grip's top handle over every handle on each backpack I've had.

I will take this moment to apologize for name calling... I shouldn't have stooped to that level. That specific person had specifically called me out and used that word against me, but I am bigger then that...

Lets move on and talk about how amazing this bag is

What is this amazing bag you speak of?

STFU already.

Really? I know not everyone is on the same page here, but I don't think we need to be telling people to shut up.

I'm glad we haven't heard any more reports of defective bags. I think this coming week, when more arrive at people's doorsteps, will be the real test.

Also, all these comparisons to Grip are interesting. I have long thought that Grip was able to overcome their poor start-up not because of owning the mess, but because of a superior product. It was one of the first backpack bags, and it was designed in such a unique way (quiver, rails, etc.) that it was a product that truly stood out.

As Salient doesn't break the mold as much - yes, the Go Get It area is unique, but the rest looks like most other bags - the durability of the product will be the real test on if the company is able to rise above this mess.

A lot of the thread has been chopped. It's well deserved.

Of course not. He's a keyboard superhero here to tell the world what has already been beaten into the ground.

Its not well deserved, many of us feel the same about what you and others say be we still respect the right that you have to say it. Most these people have been in this thread far longer than you.

i think we do when they continue to make comments which do nothing but add to the BS which already exists. Tbirds post was spot on IMO and agree with everything you said Onemilemore but the first part.

If you don't like these bags or the company then move-on.. I am curious about the product itself and could careless about the business as they are in the business of Disc Golf for gripes sake-- if people cared HALF AS MUCH about real world companies which impact their life 10x what this stupid bag company would then maybe our country wouldn't be so F'd up.

There are probably users in here who could start a bag/disc/shoe company and do it better than these guys all day long but is there $ in it or a ROI to make it a safe investment? Hell no! It takes pennies of capital to start a DG company in comparison to most businesses so to expect S&P500 company customer service is a joke-- Take a minute to look at comments on the best buy, target, Walmart and so on facebook pages recently and tell me these companies don't have problems... LOL!!!!!!

now back to this bag.

Its not well deserved, many of us feel the same about what you and others say be we still respect the right that you have to say it. Most these people have been in this thread far longer than you.

There's a reason all those recent posts were deleted. His post is picking up right in line with the parts of the thread that were deleted.

You're right that most of those people have been here longer than I have. Some times it's good to get some fresh eyes. I've read the thread, and those long termers have also been saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over... There's a point where exposing problems turns from constructive for your argument to destructive. Guess where they're at now...

There's a reason all those recent posts were deleted. His post is picking up right in line with the parts of the thread that were deleted.

You're right that most of those people have been here longer than I have. Some times it's good to get some fresh eyes. I've read the thread, and those long termers have also been saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over... There's a point where exposing problems turns from constructive for your argument to destructive. Guess where they're at now...

I agree with both sides on certain issues, I've tried not to stoke the fire lately, most the people here I really don't mind, a few I don't like and I'm sure they don't like me either! I hope the bag turns out well I plan on it being my bag for awhile I'm not going to sell it. I pretty much feel like I had Salient nailed from the get go about poor customer service that was my main gripe. I also feel Dgfinatic was screwed over by them and abandoned. I'm not gonna turn around and praise Sailent but its water under the bridge for me unless they screw me again if I have bag problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.