• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no response they give at this point will help. Their silence us a good call. I'm just sharing what I know. These guys are human. They hsve families, wives, kids. They are not greedy execs trying to steal from the little guy. They are dgers first. And that shows in how lightly they anticipated blowback from delays and changes.

So no response they give at this point will help. Their silence us a good call. I'm just sharing what I know. These guys are human. They hsve families, wives, kids. They are not greedy execs trying to steal from the little guy. They are dgers first. And that shows in how lightly they anticipated blowback from delays and changes.

Personally I think they are cowards, they f-up and ran from the problems and dropped the bag in some 21 yr old kids lap who wants to do something with himself so he stuck it out and faced the fire and earned our respect! The rest went home and ate dinner and put their phone on silent or sailent! And said f-it!

U can think what u want. But they were in a no win situation. Handling issues publicly is whst started all this crap in the first place.

Fair enough Dudley noted, but they are in business outside salient. Someone there has to know this is a mess.

For the record. I may or msy not have met Chris. But the other two I have met and played many tournaments and even rds with. These are regular guys like us. Who love dg. And are trying to bring something different. A cheap high quality backpack is nonexistent. They just screwed up a few items. They were under a microscope from the very beginning. Some if that was self inflicted.

For the record. I may or msy not have met Chris. But the other two I have met and played many tournaments and even rds with. These are regular guys like us. Who love dg. And are trying to bring something different. A cheap high quality backpack is nonexistent. They just screwed up a few items. They were under a microscope from the very beginning. Some if that was self inflicted.
Td? Just wondering. It was all self inflicted. That is the problem with your view point. Salient controls what salient does nothing else. Microscope or not.

Last edited:
There are probably users in here who could start a bag/disc/shoe company and do it better than these guys all day long but is there $ in it or a ROI to make it a safe investment? Hell no! It takes pennies of capital to start a DG company in comparison to most businesses so to expect S&P500 company customer service is a joke-- Take a minute to look at comments on the best buy, target, Walmart and so on facebook pages recently and tell me these companies don't have problems... LOL!!!!!!

now back to this bag.

I disagree. Smaller companies need exceptional customer service much more than the S&P500 companies.

If everyone on DGCR stopped going to Best Buy, Target or WalMart those companies would still be fine. Not even a bump in the road for them...

However, in a niche market such as DG, a small company can't really afford to blow off its potential customer base. It's a lot more than a bump in the road....

I personally answered questions and handled customer inquires and complaints on the largest scuba diving forum in the US for 13 years. We were not the biggest company, but we were well known industry wide for our exceptional customer service - before and after the sale. It took a lot of work and sometimes spending money to do the right thing for the customer, but it paid off in the long run.

The difference is, I had the total support of the owner of the company to make it happen - and this is the biggest obstacle that dgfanatic has, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents....

Well maybe this is a good example for future disc golf businesses then. Just because you love disc golf or are good at disc golf and want to bring to the sport does that imply you have the skills to run a business and operate across the world doing business transactions.

I disagree. Smaller companies need exceptional customer service much more than the S&P500 companies.

If everyone on DGCR stopped going to Best Buy, Target or WalMart those companies would still be fine. Not even a bump in the road for them...

However, in a niche market such as DG, a small company can't really afford to blow off its potential customer base. It's a lot more than a bump in the road....

I personally answered questions and handled customer inquires and complaints on the largest scuba diving forum in the US for 13 years. We were not the biggest company, but we were well known industry wide for our exceptional customer service - before and after the sale. It took a lot of work and sometimes spending money to do the right thing for the customer, but it paid off in the long run.

The difference is, I had the total support of the owner of the company to make it happen - and this is the biggest obstacle that dgfanatic has, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents....

Helps when the owner is your father in law but you are spot on with this!

Doesn't help at all, really....

Every decision made gets questioned...at thanksgiving dinner, Xmas day, etc. There is no off time in a family business. It's a double edged sword, for sure.

Just my 2 cents....

You are right but also in some businesses I think CSR a bigger issue than others. with disc golf the products really speak more for themselves than the companies...I was only pointing out that people are expecting flawlessness of that of a bluechip type company and that is a dream.

While I cant argue good service helps to grow business its not really a required aspect of a company in order to be successful specially one which is really only product based and has zero interest in providing services. if they were smart they would just distribute like MVP and let the retailers answer product questions while they handle the business.

Dude. They made some mistakes. But u make it sound like they shot your mother. These aren't evil guys. They are disc golfers. Like us. Try to remember that.

And its really bad when I have to be the voice of reason.
Trust me you are not the voice of reason

You are right but also in some businesses I think CSR a bigger issue than others. with disc golf the products really speak more for themselves than the companies...I was only pointing out that people are expecting flawlessness of that of a bluechip type company and that is a dream.

While I cant argue good service helps to grow business its not really a required aspect of a company in order to be successful specially one which is really only product based and has zero interest in providing services. if they were smart they would just distribute like MVP and let the retailers answer product questions while they handle the business.

I think its a big aspect I don't agree, a top disc that I can't go without in my bag , you could be an ass and I would still buy it!. A bag, shirt, straps, etc non game dependent items I could go without and never look back. Innova could call me the biggest sack of sh*t to ever play the game and I would still be bagging a Tern because I need one.

Last edited:
A lot of what is at issue here has been going on since long before Salient, though. Kilgus was never exactly the best forum user, often becoming argumentative or defensive with people in relation to Physical Flight products. Add to that all of the "no more hippie engineering" hype, and people here just don't forget that stuff.

It's not just Salient and this one bag release being torn apart here. It's the entire history of how these guys have operated on the forums.

With all the negative attention Salient has been getting lately it's making me even more anxious to get my bag. Ever since I pre-ordered I had a feeling it was going to be an awesome bag for a low price. The changing of the dimension of the storage space was slightly irritating but not a deal breaker. At the end of the day the quality of this bag is going to make or break Salient. For some reason I'm still pulling for them. Just like I rooted for Walter White, even in the final season...

With all the negative attention Salient has been getting lately it's making me even more anxious to get my bag. Ever since I pre-ordered I had a feeling it was going to be an awesome bag for a low price. The changing of the dimension of the storage space was slightly irritating but not a deal breaker. At the end of the day the quality of this bag is going to make or break Salient. For some reason I'm still pulling for them. Just like I rooted for Walter White, even in the final season...

I fully agree with Josh here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts