• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
well assuming you don't follow this with a microscope the average person knows nothing about salient or PF for that matter. Cheaper sure but people need to understand what they are doing and the pros vs cons. Pre orders do not benefit the customer.

PF had a track record. And u got the bag for less money with free shipping.

I understand there were incentives to encourage pre-orders.

I simply wonder if that kind of strategy can have similar success again for another startup. I've never been big on preorders to begin with, but seeing how this ordeal played out, I'm even less interested in trusting a company with my money before they even have a product to deliver.

All I get from this is "I think I'm a big shot and am mad at Salient for not embracing my deep DG marketing skills by sponsoring me
:wall: people like me bring business in. I would not want to be sponsored but I do help move product. In an area like this the bag would have been exposed to a ton of gofers. Who cares what I say anyway just move on no need to comment.

MrGlass01: completely anonymous on the forum but disc golf's greatest asset. Nothing happens in disc golf without his involvement. :\

MrGlass01: completely anonymous on the forum but disc golf's greatest asset. Nothing happens in disc golf without his involvement. :\
:wall::wall: just dumb, but I'll play. I am that guy around here, every spot has them, I'm the one with the newest discs, latest bag etc. very well known for that. What is the problem with that? I like new gear! and people know me for that. Along with that I tend to get people excited about these things. That in turn generates sales for said product. Go crawl back under your hole.

:wall::wall: just dumb, but I'll play. I am that guy around here, every spot has them, I'm the one with the newest discs, latest bag etc. very well known for that. What is the problem with that? I like new gear! and people know me for that. Along with that I tend to get people excited about these things. That in turn generates sales for said product. Go crawl back under your hole.

I prefer to trust the opinions of the guy that doesn't need to change his equipment every month.

I prefer to trust the opinions of the guy that doesn't need to change his equipment every month.
That's funny I never played with you? My bag is consistent. Trying new discs does not mean they get bagged. C'mon man troll a little better. New bags don't have anything to do with the discs inside the bag.

I don't trust anyone's opinion. We all have them like we all have ....... I have to throw it, hence being that guy.

mohangany.gif

:wall: ridiculous. Word of mouth sells. I'm not important at all. Just known around here for being a disc and bag whore. Does not make me important what so ever. Makes me that dumb ass that wastes a ton of money trying new things. The horse is beaten, read the posts without a chip on your shoulder and you can see what I type is a valid point. If you see a bag that you like on the course not ever having seen it before, and you like it, you may purchase one. Having the dude attached to the bag friendly and also excited about it sells product. Disc golf bags especially get sold through seeing and feeling the bag up. I give people the opportunity to do that here. So that makes me what? Important I'd say not in the least, but I do help move product.

i dont think the 8-10 bags they are missing in WI is putting them out of business.
8-10 could turn into more. Word of mouth sells. Nice try though. So if I cause 8-10 and I'm one person. Then those 8-10 sell those etc. so no they may not miss my 8-10 but they would miss out on potentially way more than that.

And if a company would not want a few hundred dollars then that perplexes me. Especially one that cannot properly fund a preorder without customers money.

8-10 could turn into more. Word of mouth sells. Nice try though. So if I cause 8-10 and I'm one person. Then those 8-10 sell those etc. so no they may not miss my 8-10 but they would miss out on potentially way more than that.

This isn't the topic.

For awhile their customer service (to actual customers who had bought the bag) was the topic, but this - whatever you're discussing - is not.

So kindly stop, because today some bags will arrive in the hands of actual customers, including my own hands, and we'll be posting content that's relevant.

I just think you are overestimating your actual impact. i heard somewhere else in these forums that Pre-order revenue was 50k. which is very doable. 500 bags would cover that easily.

This isn't the topic.

For awhile their customer service (to actual customers who had bought the bag) was the topic, but this - whatever you're discussing - is not.

So kindly stop, because today some bags will arrive in the hands of actual customers, including my own hands, and we'll be posting content that's relevant.

wait a minute they just got a new target to attack
Now the boys at salient get to take a breath, while the shoe is on the other foot.

And if a company would not want a few hundred dollars then that perplexes me. Especially one that cannot properly fund a preorder without customers money.

When it's coming from someone who's already soured on the company based on forum posts and continually posting the same negative stuff about them, I think they'd prefer you keep your money.

It's funny that you say earlier that the horse has already been beat to death, yet here you are beating it some more.

This isn't the topic.

Kindly stop? How about you do that? This is a forum get used to the shenanigans. I will not stop kindly or otherwise.

When it's coming from someone who's already soured on the company based on forum posts and continually posting the same negative stuff about them, I think they'd prefer you keep your money.

It's funny that you say earlier that the horse has already been beat to death, yet here you are beating it some more.
He'll yeah I am cause you make it too easy to. I left this thread until you posted. Thanks for bringing me back in. Love it.

wait a minute they just got a new target to attack
Now the boys at salient get to take a breath, while the shoe is on the other foot.

Nope their shoe isn't on the other foot because that too has been delayed now :D

He'll yeah I am cause you make it too easy to. I left this thread until you posted. Thanks for bringing me back in. Love it.

Really? You're the reason I posted this morning.

Here's another stick. Keep beating the same horse in the same place. Thanks for letting everyone know nothing new and let me know when your company enters the scene. I look forward to scrutinizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.