• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they have sent out the replacement bag already haven't they?

I don't know about his bag for sure, but most companies will send you a shipping label and only send out the other bag after they receive the defective product back. Pretty standard RMA protocol, annoying but pretty standard

I think it is great dgfan is helping people here, but the fact that you have to come on here and go through an unpaid employee speaks ridiculous volumes about this company's priorities.

how many companies can you talk to the owner? very very few. they all have Customer Service.

if you have an issue with your Samsung phone, do you expect to email the CEO of Samsung directly??

that was rhetorical.

how many companies can you talk to the owner? very very few. they all have Customer Service.

if you have an issue with your Samsung phone, do you expect to email the CEO of Samsung directly??

that was rhetorical.

But when you go through the official lines of communication for customer service for any company, you expect to get a response. It really doesn't matter who is on the other end as long as it's clear that the company is taking reasonable action to resolve problems.

I don't know about his bag for sure, but most companies will send you a shipping label and only send out the other bag after they receive the defective product back. Pretty standard RMA protocol, annoying but pretty standard

Not trying to be argumentative...but my experiences in various different industries is about 50/50 where they send out a replacement while the defective one is being replaced... but I would have thought in this case they would have stepped up and sent out a replacement since this has been kinda a high profile issue...but then again that's just my opinion

I think it is great dgfan is helping people here, but the fact that you have to come on here and go through an unpaid employee speaks ridiculous volumes about this company's priorities.

I don't think you understand just how busy this company is. and with Chris and Steve at their day jobs, Hillary is working her day job and helping salient customers. she is slammed right now and needs a little help from me. she takes the calls and any posts I see here that people need help with I invite them to ask me so I can help them. cut her some slack

lol so true. most social media CSR spots are filled by un-paid interns which handle majority of those issues in the first place.

apparently people feel better when there is no face behind the service but just a 20 some year old marketing noob hoping to make a come up but in reality just doing dirty work so they don't pay someone to waste time doing it.

As much as I have been defending the bag, I have to say I'm pretty upset that dgfan even had to get involved in this matter.

There's plenty of damage control that needs to be done for the company, and it doesn't bode well that they didn't immediately email a return label and ship a new bag. I know it's not protocol to send before the defective bag has been received, but I believe a showing a good faith is in order in this situation because there's already been way too many stumbles over this.

As much as I have been defending the bag, I have to say I'm pretty upset that dgfan even had to get involved in this matter.

There's plenty of damage control that needs to be done for the company, and it doesn't bode well that they didn't immediately email a return label and ship a new bag. I know it's not protocol to send before the defective bag has been received, but I believe a showing a good faith is in order in this situation because there's already been way too many stumbles over this.

ok let me make this clear. ONE PERSON IS DOING ALL OF THE WORK. that is the ONLY reason why the customer service isn't it's best right now. I have discussed this with Chris but they can't hire help til the company grows more. so this first part of the salient history is rough, but I believe it will get better with time

^ "ONE PERSON IS DOING ALL THE WORK" is an extremely weak argument, in ANY case.

ok let me make this clear. ONE PERSON IS DOING ALL OF THE WORK. that is the ONLY reason why the customer service isn't it's best right now. I have discussed this with Chris but they can't hire help til the company grows more. so this first part of the salient history is rough, but I believe it will get better with time

Getting angry isn't going to help the situation...trust me, I understand and most everyone else understands your frustration. But it is their company, they have put themselves out there, got people to give money on pre-orders sight unseen on a unreleased product. They have also botched the release. We understand that it is a small growing company, but using the excuse and getting angry because "there is only one person" that's not fair to someone that has a valid complaint. There is only the one person handling customer service, well there are multiple owners and I am sure they have family and friends, maybe it's time to put out the call and get some more people to help out. They got you to help, why don't they try to find more people to help out? I can almost promise you there would be a bunch of people to help without getting paid if they hooked them up with some product. It just goes back to a lot of peoples concerns...lots of excuses and blaming without actually trying to fix the problems.

Getting angry isn't going to help the situation...trust me, I understand and most everyone else understands your frustration. But it is their company, they have put themselves out there, got people to give money on pre-orders sight unseen on a unreleased product. They have also botched the release. We understand that it is a small growing company, but using the excuse and getting angry because "there is only one person" that's not fair to someone that has a valid complaint. There is only the one person handling customer service, well there are multiple owners and I am sure they have family and friends, maybe it's time to put out the call and get some more people to help out. They got you to help, why don't they try to find more people to help out? I can almost promise you there would be a bunch of people to help without getting paid if they hooked them up with some product. It just goes back to a lot of peoples concerns...lots of excuses and blaming without actually trying to fix the problems.

I'm sorry if that came across as anger or rage. that was never the intent and i know its not an excuse but you (meaning the customer service criticizers) are criticizing the way i am choosing to handle customer issues, when it is clearly working because kevreef is getting his label today, i have gotten a refund for constantlyej and I will continue to help DGCR users who email me. your point about the company help is valid but you don't accept the way that i am handling some situations? what does it matter? they are getting taken care of and thats what matters.

I'm sorry if that came across as anger or rage. that was never the intent and i know its not an excuse but you (meaning the customer service criticizers) are criticizing the way i am choosing to handle customer issues, when it is clearly working because kevreef is getting his label today, i have gotten a refund for constantlyej and I will continue to help DGCR users who email me. your point about the company help is valid but you don't accept the way that i am handling some situations? what does it matter? they are getting taken care of and thats what matters.

I have criticized their customer service but I think I have been quite complementary of you...I think you are trying to do the best job possible and I have zero issues with you. In all honesty I think they are taking advantage of you. They are taking your desire to do good and get your foot in the door and they are using you and when they are done they are going to drop you. Does anyone see a problem with the fact that they can't even give you free product for everything that you are doing for them?

Actually they aren't criticizing the way YOU are handling issues. They are criticizing the way Salient is choosing to handle the issues. Small difference maybe, but it is there. No one is blaming you man

that was rhetorical.

Funny story about a similar situation...
My wife has a Toshiba laptop. The chipset failed and melted. She calls warranty, gets a response from R&D saying they want to invesitgate it themselves. So, she sends it off. The replacement arrived looking like UPS had put a forklift prong through the box. Screen's ruined. Took over a year to get that replaced, as R&D had no return protocol in place. A year later, she's still trying to go through "customer service", and is getting an endless cycle of run-around, and had purchased a different laptop in the meantime.

I finally get involved, and go online. A few minutes of google-fu finds the direct emails of the VPs of Customer Service, PR, Marketing, and Operations. I CC all of them on a curteous email with undertones of severe disappointment, along with every invoice and tracking #, on a Saturday. Monday morning, I have a phone call, and a week later I have the new computer, (complimentary upgrade included) sitting on the porch.

Sometimes even the big established companies need a litte bypass.

Last edited:
I have criticized their customer service but I think I have been quite complementary of you...I think you are trying to do the best job possible and I have zero issues with you. In all honesty I think they are taking advantage of you. They are taking your desire to do good and get your foot in the door and they are using you and when they are done they are going to drop you. Does anyone see a problem with the fact that they can't even give you free product for everything that you are doing for them?

Don't worry about me...and I was avoiding saying this earlier because I hate bragging. I was with salient from the get go. As the Salient rep for DGCR it was agreed to from the get go, I would get all gear free. I got 3 prometheus from the release, 2 polos and some stickers. Now my free bag is in the mail along with several antidotes, and a limited edition lighter weight circuit board promtheus. I will continue to receive any and all salient gear that is released. But i didn't want you to get the idea i am just sticking around for the free stuff because i genuinely care about yall and your business with salient. Chris does too but he has a lot more to balance. His true hope is that salient becomes so popular he can leave his physical therapy firm and devote all his time to this company. They won't drop me, honestly they would be stupid to do that. And lastly i wasn't talking about you Harris :) you're right, you have been very supportive of my efforts and i appreciate that...unfortunately my bag and discs are stuck in Charlotte NC evidently because of the ice storms...how ironic

Don't worry about me...and I was avoiding saying this earlier because I hate bragging. I was with salient from the get go. As the Salient rep for DGCR it was agreed to from the get go, I would get all gear free. I got 3 prometheus from the release, 2 polos and some stickers. Now my free bag is in the mail along with several antidotes, and a limited edition lighter weight circuit board promtheus. I will continue to receive any and all salient gear that is released. But i didn't want you to get the idea i am just sticking around for the free stuff because i genuinely care about yall and your business with salient. Chris does too but he has a lot more to balance. His true hope is that salient becomes so popular he can leave his physical therapy firm and devote all his time to this company. They won't drop me, honestly they would be stupid to do that. And lastly i wasn't talking about you Harris :) you're right, you have been very supportive of my efforts and i appreciate that...unfortunately my bag and discs are stuck in Charlotte NC evidently because of the ice storms...how ironic

Well in that case I am glad that you are being compensated in some way. Still I feel for you because I think they are using you, but at least you are getting free swag. :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.