• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in that case I am glad that you are being compensated in some way. Still I feel for you because I think they are using you, but at least you are getting free swag. :hfive:

For a new company without a lot of cash flow, this is a very good way to get some extra help which they obviously need.

dgfan, I understand that it is a really small company. I understand it's one person handling customer service. That one person also heard the complaint about an incomplete bag and nothing went off in their head to say "this is 100% our fault, and it needs to be resolved immediately". The customer even had to do extra work to even get Salient to pay shipping to handle the replacement exchange (you can't deny that is the ONLY acceptable recourse in this situation). Couple that with the fact that days later, nothing has been done to rectify the situation on customer service's end. I'm not talking end of day/next day here. It's been days, and the customer had to speak up again. The biggest physical product issue in the release, and it was basically ignored.

Regardless of whether or not there's one person or fifty in the customer service department, this is unacceptable. I applaud your personal efforts, but at some point, you (the company, not you dgfan) have to own the mistake. I have purposely been defending the company because they attempted to make this issue right, only to find out they ignored it instead after mishandling it initially. They need to show some competency and aren't right now. This doesn't instill any confidence that future quality issues will be handled with any respect or sense of urgency. I would hate to be you having to do damage control if this is business as usual. I look forward to seeing them prove me wrong, and I sincerely hope they do it quickly. Chris seems like a decent guy, and I'm sure the rest of the team are as well.

Last edited:
explanation

well, I would have done the same thing you did honestly as far as purchasing the site out from under him.
i also think Kilgus is an idiot for not working a deal out with you.
but if that's what you wrote to him in an email you come off like an @$$ (i know you arent tho).
but i think you should do this...i bet Grip might even work with you a bit....hahaha
Or just redirect the domain to grip-eq.com. Or this thread.

well, I would have done the same thing you did honestly as far as purchasing the site out from under him.
but if that's what you wrote to him in an email you come off like an @$$ (i know you arent tho).
but i think you should do this...i bet Grip might even work with you a bit....hahaha

I will buy it from you Heavy. pm me your address and I will mail you a check.

Well, I see the same horse being beaten over and over.

Not helpful to anyone, ladies... Take your drama and hash it out in the ladiesroom.

Has anyone else that actually purchased the bag had the opportunity to give it a good review? I'm hoping to see a short video pop up here with people moving about the bag and giving it a good working over to show what it's all about.

A real review of the bag on this thread would be a breath of fresh air.

Well, I see the same horse being beaten over and over.

Not helpful to anyone, ladies... Take your drama and hash it out in the ladiesroom.

Has anyone else that actually purchased the bag had the opportunity to give it a good review? I'm hoping to see a short video pop up here with people moving about the bag and giving it a good working over to show what it's all about.

A real review of the bag on this thread would be a breath of fresh air.

I am hoping to do this like i did with both my contenders, but i agree with this, I would love to see someone else do that too, might take my mind off the unfortunate delay with UPS :wall::wall::wall:

I will buy it from you Heavy. pm me your address and I will mail you a check.

LOL. Paypal only. :p

It's certainly for sale.

I agree that I did come off like a bit of an ass in that email, but I was pretty frustrated at the time. Not frustrated that Kilgus wasn't buying the URL (I knew by that point he wouldn't even trade me a Prometheus for it), but that he wouldn't respond at all when I was telling him that people were trying to get in touch with him.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, because I think we've all seen first-hand how Salient deals with customer service (DGFanatic is the lone exception).

With all the Salient bashing going on I thought I would add in my dealings with them outside of the ongoing Catalyst nightmare, and let people make their own conclusions.

Nov 11 I bought and paid for a Factory Second Prometheus from salient-discs via ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-Heli...843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2d62f1fb
Recent copy of the auction.

On Nov 18, a day after the estimated arrival date I sent an email via ebay to check in and see what was going on as I had not gotten any communication from them. This was the email.

Dear salient-discs,
I placed/paid for an order last week, Nov 11, and today was the last day of the Ebay estimated delivery date however I have not heard anything from you and have no idea if it was even shipped.
Please respond.
-hopkinsw

Later that same day I got the following back from them.

Dear hopkinsw,
It has shipped you will receive this week.
- salient-discs

Ebay updated the shipped on date that same day and I received an updated estimated arrival date. The bag arrived the day ebay said it would.

Because of the fiasco with the Catalyst I didn't want to leave feedback before my bag had shipped, I didn't think they would do something to it to spite me, and do something to the bag which was coming my way, if I left negative feedback but you never know. Anyway after receiving shipping confirmation for the Catalyst bag I left them negative feedback and sent them the following email.

"This is to let you know I left Negative feedback on this item as there was several issues and I wanted to let you know why. There are not enough allowable characters in the feedback line to really describe the issues. In the end I received the item but I would not do business directly with you again if I can help it. This doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend your product, if it ends up being good.

1-Lack of communication, never received a tracking #. Didn't hear from you until I emailed you, after the ebay expected arrival date. When I did hear from you it was the following. "Dear hopkinsw, It has shipped you will receive this week. - salient-discs"
No, sorry for the delay, our mistake, nothing implying something had gone wrong on your end. The reply could be taken that you were trying to shift the blame to the mail carrier implying they were just slow. This does not fly with me and I consider it bad business to not own up to your mistakes. After I received this message from you, ebay auto updated the form with a 'shipped on' date. So unless you are claiming it was just sitting around in the shipping facility and had forgotten to be scanned...

2-Disc received was packed in a paper envelope, yes its the cheapest, but disappointing as the disc has a bulge in the flight plate. I do not know if this is because its a factory second or because of the crappy shipping container but I hope it will flatten out by the summer, until then I have not/will not bother with throwing it.

3-Item in picture was not the item received, The disc I received does not have a stamp, I understand I was ordering a factory second but the description does not clue the buyer into what this can mean. Others are complaining of basically the same thing... "Wish they shipped product pictured or described as double print." "Picture of product looked different from what I received..."

4-I requested the lightest disc available and you sent me a disc marked as a 174. As you still have a copy of this auction available I would assume you still have all the weights described in the auction and thus ignored my weight request and just sent me whatever you could first grab instead of figuring out what I requested in the order.

In all honesty if any of these things had not happened I would not have left negative feedback, its the combination of all which is truly unacceptable. I can only hope you change the way you communicate with buyers and fix the issues I described above, but there is the saying about old dogs and tricks. Disappointed, -HopkinsW "

Because of the limited number of characters you can leave in the feedback this is what I posted. "Pic of disc not the one recv'd, delay before shipped , ignored weight request"
When I left negative feedback either it automatically opens a dispute about the item or I messed up and clicked open a dispute but about 2 hours later I realized a dispute had been opened and closed it as all sorts of stuff happens when one is pending...but I closed the case as soon as I learned it was open as I just wanted to put it all behind me.

I really didn't expect anything else to happen but then I got feedback from them..."Beware of buyer!! He will not pay on time and will open a case to freeze funds!!"
What is really funny is that they left me this comment but had positive feedback clicked.

I sent them another email via ebay.

Dear salient-discs,
Wow you really are spiteful. Thanks for the positive feedback!
"Beware of buyer!! He will not pay on time and will open a case to freeze funds!!"
Funny you couldn't even leave negative feedback as I paid on time, immediately after buying, and had to deal with you. Wonderful...
-HopkinsW

I then contacted ebay customer support and had them remove the comment as it is violation of their rules. It now reads "This comment has been removed by eBay."

After all this I really just hope the darn bag gets here and doesn't have any issues...I really do not want to have to deal with them again...luckly if there is anything I can deal with dgfan.

-CF
sorry for the length but I felt the story needed to be told. And yes my bag was one of those they claimed to have dropped off but UPS had sitting around and hadn't scanned, coincidence?

Ebay updated the shipped on date that same day and I received an updated estimated arrival date. The bag arrived the day ebay said it would.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really didn't expect anything else to happen but then I got feedback from them..."Beware of buyer!! He will not pay on time and will open a case to freeze funds!!"
What is really funny is that they left me this comment but had positive feedback clicked.

I broke up your post into two parts that I wanted to talk about...

Firstly, where I bolded....did you mean the DISC and not bag? You were talking about a Prometheus from Ebay at first.

Also, if you leave a seller negative feedback, I'm almost positive that it's not possible for a seller to leave retaliatory negative feedback (thankfully) or I'd guess that a majority of sellers who burn buyers, then get negative feedback would do exactly this. Hence why they left you positive feedback and then commented some bogus stuff about you. Pretty f@#kin' sad honestly.

Yea, its sad but its not surprising at all. How anyone does business with them going forward, is beyond my comprehension.

Who renamed the thread?

My bag just arrived, and unless the moderator is willing to pull all the actual bag-related posts out and put them in a new thread, I'd ask that this one be named back to what it was, because it's no more so about customer service as it is about the bags, particularly since the bags are just arriving.

With all the Salient bashing going on I thought I would add in my dealings with them outside of the ongoing Catalyst nightmare, and let people make their own conclusions.

Nov 11 I bought and paid for a Factory Second Prometheus from salient-discs via ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-Heli...843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2d62f1fb
Recent copy of the auction.

On Nov 18, a day after the estimated arrival date I sent an email via ebay to check in and see what was going on as I had not gotten any communication from them. This was the email.

Dear salient-discs,
I placed/paid for an order last week, Nov 11, and today was the last day of the Ebay estimated delivery date however I have not heard anything from you and have no idea if it was even shipped.
Please respond.
-hopkinsw

Later that same day I got the following back from them.

Dear hopkinsw,
It has shipped you will receive this week.
- salient-discs

Because of the fiasco with the Catalyst I didn't want to leave feedback before my bag had shipped, I didn't think they would do something to it to spite me, and do something to the bag which was coming my way, if I left negative feedback but you never know. Anyway after receiving shipping confirmation for the Catalyst bag I left them negative feedback and sent them the following email.

"This is to let you know I left Negative feedback on this item as there was several issues and I wanted to let you know why. There are not enough allowable characters in the feedback line to really describe the issues. In the end I received the item but I would not do business directly with you again if I can help it. This doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend your product, if it ends up being good.

1-Lack of communication, never received a tracking #. Didn't hear from you until I emailed you, after the ebay expected arrival date. When I did hear from you it was the following. "Dear hopkinsw, It has shipped you will receive this week. - salient-discs"
No, sorry for the delay, our mistake, nothing implying something had gone wrong on your end. The reply could be taken that you were trying to shift the blame to the mail carrier implying they were just slow. This does not fly with me and I consider it bad business to not own up to your mistakes. After I received this message from you, ebay auto updated the form with a 'shipped on' date. So unless you are claiming it was just sitting around in the shipping facility and had forgotten to be scanned...

2-Disc received was packed in a paper envelope, yes its the cheapest, but disappointing as the disc has a bulge in the flight plate. I do not know if this is because its a factory second or because of the crappy shipping container but I hope it will flatten out by the summer, until then I have not/will not bother with throwing it.

3-Item in picture was not the item received, The disc I received does not have a stamp, I understand I was ordering a factory second but the description does not clue the buyer into what this can mean. Others are complaining of basically the same thing... "Wish they shipped product pictured or described as double print." "Picture of product looked different from what I received..."

4-I requested the lightest disc available and you sent me a disc marked as a 174. As you still have a copy of this auction available I would assume you still have all the weights described in the auction and thus ignored my weight request and just sent me whatever you could first grab instead of figuring out what I requested in the order.

In all honesty if any of these things had not happened I would not have left negative feedback, its the combination of all which is truly unacceptable. I can only hope you change the way you communicate with buyers and fix the issues I described above, but there is the saying about old dogs and tricks. Disappointed, -HopkinsW "

Because of the limited number of characters you can leave in the feedback this is what I posted. "Pic of disc not the one recv'd, delay before shipped , ignored weight request"
When I left negative feedback either it automatically opens a dispute about the item or I messed up and clicked open a dispute but about 2 hours later I realized a dispute had been opened and closed it as all sorts of stuff happens when one is pending...but I closed the case as soon as I learned it was open as I just wanted to put it all behind me.

I sent them another email via ebay.

Dear salient-discs,
Wow you really are spiteful. Thanks for the positive feedback!
"Beware of buyer!! He will not pay on time and will open a case to freeze funds!!"
Funny you couldn't even leave negative feedback as I paid on time, immediately after buying, and had to deal with you. Wonderful...
-HopkinsW

I then contacted ebay customer support and had them remove the comment as it is violation of their rules. It now reads "This comment has been removed by eBay."

After all this I really just hope the darn bag gets here and doesn't have any issues...I really do not want to have to deal with them again...luckly if there is anything I can deal with dgfan.

-CF
sorry for the length but I felt the story needed to be told. And yes my bag was one of those they claimed to have dropped off but UPS had sitting around and hadn't scanned, coincidence?

Wow... I would like to hear explanations for Salient defenders on this one.

Who renamed the thread?

My bag just arrived, and unless the moderator is willing to pull all the actual bag-related posts out and put them in a new thread, I'd ask that this one be named back to what it was, because it's no more so about customer service as it is about the bags, particularly since the bags are just arriving.

Id suggest make a new thread. not many actual reviews yet. Start it off with a good one with some pics. this one needs to go away

Who renamed the thread?

I think its better you have a review thread personally. this one wont be dead anytime soon I doubt and the 2 different topics in one thread really wont/dont work in the same place without sifting through tons of whatever.

I've renamed the thread because the same people continue to post the same crap over and over and over. If people want to talk about the bags when they receive them, make a new thread. If the dead horse beaters attempt to infect that thread and I notice, you're gone for a week. Keep your complaints to this thread only.

thanks timg!

Judge_JudyGiantGavel.gif

So I got an infraction for exactly what this thread is for? Since this thread is for Customer service complaints can I have my infraction removed now?

Works for me! I am actually INTERESTED in real reviews for the bag itself. Crappy customer service (not including fanatic...maybe he needs to go by SalientFanatic) aside, and all the other issues with the COMPANY itself, I'm interested in seeing if the product lives up to the overwhelming hype it was given by a select crowd.

:popcorn:

Iacas, I sincerely hope your bag is at least in one solid piece after all this

@Harris: The infraction will eventually wear out, but the memory for shall forever remain.

So I got an infraction for exactly what this thread is for? Since this thread is for Customer service complaints can I have my infraction removed now?

Nope, I should have banned you based on what this thread was supposed to be about. Be happy you walked away with an infraction.

Nope, I should have banned you based on what this thread was supposed to be about. Be happy you walked away with an infraction.

Banned me for saying what a majority of other people have also commented on? I have been very complementary of how DGFanatic has tried to handle this situation. I haven't said or done anything anyone else hasn't also done on here. And on top of that I was called a A-HOLE but someone specifically and somehow that person doesn't get banned? I also have private messages from that person that said that he did it on purpose.

Not trying to be a squeaky wheel, but the arbitrary way you handle situations like this is very confusing. Also I sent you PM's asking to clarify what I did and you never responded. I personally think this thread did get out of control, but it wasn't me that instigated it and dare to say maybe Salient has some blame to take since it was them that did everything to create the firestorm.

I really want to be a upright citizen on here but frankly confused as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.