• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

That's the only thing i've heard. Sometime somewhere but when who can say and if they work who knows. I'm gonna pick one up when they come probably in different weights too.

i had my domey 150g destroyer with all the bubbles in the flight plate totally cave in on me this morning when i pulled it out to throw on a long hole this morning in a tourney. it did sit in my car all week in in warmish spring temps but it unusable as it was 1/2 convex and 1/2 dome. i did manipulate it back this eve to a full dome with some hot water and a bowl but me thinks this will effect the future flight somewhat in some mysterious way. i got some good rips off the original disc but now i gotta relearn it. im not sure if it will make me tourney bag or not because im not sure if it will fold again and im not sure if i can ever find a domey destroyer with small bubbles in the flight plate that will be warped and rebuilt through reshaping with hot water and a bowl. while i gotta admire their business strat ive gotta say i will not participate in any more product testing for innova. every damn blizzard disc is a snowflake and they have no idea how it will fly. with that said please support the blizzard research as so mankind can continue evolve. that is all.

Better traction doing field work after a round in a ski jumping hill covered with snow so i was pretty tired. I was pushing the 134 Wraith for max golf s-curve D and tried to make the disc curve more than before and missed a little low and the disc took off right and buried in snow. I know it is a hot rod and using it is pushing it so pushing on it is asking for trouble. Got plenty of it. I take it as a sign about the sanity of using it. I got it to 380' at best when i wasn't as loose as i later was. That tied the 156 Katana thrown in similar state. But the Katana was a line drive and the Wraith went in a moderate s-curve. Later i got the Katana s-curved to 400'. I can't recall exactly but it is likely my winter distance record. Except the ground on that spot was moist asphalt. So traction wasn't an issue. Because the line drive and s-curve difference was so small maye the level to which i was warmed up made no difference. The D on a line drive came with winter clothing i think this disc powers down fine. It was good with stand stills. I think the longest stand stills were around 310' and that was being tired. No flipping line drive. Well they fade so it ain't a frozen rope.

I may have thrown the 133 Katana with OAT in the last session because i couldn't get it to flip more than about 14 degrees when i threw high annies at about 80 degrees. So the trick shot capability may not be a strength. Stand still was good as long as i didn't push to beyond capability losing body control. Then it turned back and bit me hard so to say. Instead of a low line drive i got way more hip rotation than normal, no pause and little to no elbow lead and ending up high and to the right with stupid height. It is a hot rod even at 300' which is my line drive D. The botched supa tall mess went 200'.

150 Wraith line drive top was 370' but mostly they were a little shorter. 380' s-curved. About the same with the 131 Destro but it was shorter more often because of the harder fade and higher power requirement. That i sadly can't match. That surprised me. Too much LSS can kill surprisingly much D.

Hey thanks for all the help I did see that they have a blizzard teedevil would that be a good rookie disc to throw?

Too fast and hard fading. If you have to have a Blizzard i'd pick a fairly light Wraith and a Beast when they release those. I would not go too low in weight with the Wraith because the handling is more important than the distance. It depends on your power which weight to get. On principle i would not recommend speed 11 discs to new players. Even in low weights. Rather i'd top out at maximum with light Beasts or Valkyries.

Muff - It's probably already been said, but stick with slower discs until you can throw 300' with something like a Teebird, Leopard, etc. Even though Blizzard discs are lighter, they still have the same flight as their heavier counterparts. Example - 145g Blizzard Wraith takes the same flight as a 165g Wraith, but needs less power to do so. So the benchmark isn't the same (you can throw a Blizzard disc easier than a heavier counterpart), but the rule of thumb to not throw fast (speed 11+) discs until you learn to control slower discs is still the same. Hope that helps. Pick up a few slower discs and have fun!

So I couldn't wait any longer and I picked up a 150 Boss with solid dome and a 156 Destroyer with a GIANT dome. I have never been so excited to throw a new disc before. Its really too bad that most of my home course is 350ft tunnel shots. Overall I am really hoping that the destroyer can take the pro destroyer pop top slot in my bag since I haven't seen a nice pro destroyer in over a year.

I'd like to try some kind of Blizzard as my distance driver, not sure what mold should I go with, though. I throw Teebirds and Leopards 330', maybe Katana or light'ish Wraith?

I got a 137g Wraith and 137g Boss. My friend has a 150g Boss that I tried a few times and it was still very stable for me. So I thought a really light Boss would be the way to go. I'm an older guy and don't have a ton of power. My main driver is 150g to 165g sidewinders and can get them out about 300 - 320. Instantly like both of these discs! Very easy to throw and still get good distance. The Wraith is pretty flippy and I was getting some really nice long turnover shots as well as some laser beam hyzer flips. Not too good in headwind though. The Boss is still pretty stable for me and I couldn't really flip it at all. I was getting some decent distance before a good amount of fade would kick in. This disc was working well in a decent headwind too. I was impressed actually by how well it did in the wind. I am very pleased with these discs and they are definitely going in the bag.

Roottori said:
I'd like to try some kind of Blizzard as my distance driver, not sure what mold should I go with, though. I throw Teebirds and Leopards 330', maybe Katana or light'ish Wraith?

none

ok, day 2 with the wraith and boss. The wraith is really working for me. It is just so easy to throw. Birdied two holes today that had been previously unreachable for me. Uphill shots are way easier and it really does float!! There is a water hole that has been eating up my sidewinders so that won't be a problem anymore. I am hoping for a slow break-in period so it mostly retains what its doing right now. I threw 150g dx wraiths when they came out but they would be pretty worthless after just a few weeks. So I am hoping to get a lot more life out of the blizzard. Blizzard wraith is a winner for me.

The boss I am now not so sure. I am thinking it is still too much disc for me. Just can't seem to get a good rip on it. I am wondering if it is partially the width of the rim. I am not really used to such wide rim discs. Still going to keep in the bag for fun, maybe if it breaks in a little it will be better for me.

Frank Delicious said:
Roottori said:

none

I wouldn't go that far if he can live with having only a few flight lines available with the beefier discs. 330' Leo is good enough for light Wraiths. 150 should be somewhat reliable and i would not go below 140 because 145 will probably be a hot rod too. The 150 should work as a normal golfable disc and the lighter ones are crazy risky flip machines that are great for open areas with s-curves on high lines. And turds on low lines because they flip so easily. Katana is a trickier deal. It may be on the high side for power requirement and flat them a hefty fade is probably the only line usable with it along with s-curves. Sure exaggerating hyzer angles may work but those are best left for beefy discs. Katana in lowest weights should fly like shit for his power but 150 or higher could work. They have more distance potential than the Wraith and my 156 is fine for s-curves and hyzer flips so at his power it should be pretty reliable and a 150 should be riskier but still ok as a hot rod disc.

Just received some x-out snowdiscs, 5 150g bosses and a 150g destro, bosses fly beautiful S-curves, the destro is pretty stable, can't turn it but can make it go straight long with a hefty fade at the end, and it's fun to anny.

I bought into the hype, got a 157 Boss with a good looking dome, not too high but not flat. Won't get to throw it for a few days but looking forward to seeing what it can do.

I threw a guy's orange 139 blizzard teedevil into a slight headwind and it was silly flippy. I put extreme hyzer on it and it still flipped up, over, and burned out less than 250', no thanks!

7ontheline said:
I threw a guy's orange 139 blizzard teedevil into a slight headwind and it was silly flippy. I put extreme hyzer on it and it still flipped up, over, and burned out less than 250', no thanks!

I'm fairly certain when I say that these discs are not made to handle any sort of headwind.

Having thrown a few more examples of Blizzard Boss and one Blizzard Destroyer, it seems like they've cracked it. They are now able to make 150g discs that fly like their heavier brethren. The Bosses were about between Star and dyed Champ Bosses in stability (some turn and a pretty late fade), while the Destroyer was really HSS and had a nice hefty fade. Worked fantastically on a flex line. Even the sub 140g Blizzards I've thrown have been great and the stability is within the variance I'd expect from regular weights. Good job Innova.