• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

jubuttib said:
zj1002 said:
it is a process

at work we have seen every type of bubble ratio/location in the blizzard discs. even some that have NO bubbles(156-159 katanas).

Dave D has commented that it is an evolving process with the end goal to have bubbles only in the rim

I don't really care where the bubbles are located and I doubt Innova does either. These are selling faster than any disc Innova has released in the last 2 years
Probably still not as fast as the Champ Gators. =)

fasting selling stock stamp

the gators had the hype of a nerd community and were built up by said community. folks are coming into the store not knowing about the blizzard and buying 2-3. that doesn't happen with other new discs/plastics

I won't be happy until they start applying the blizzard tech to dx plastic and I can buy a 50g blizzard dx mamba. Of course, I'll probably have to season it a bit before I can throw it effectively.

I saw some guys from Germany (I think) at our course today. Communication was limited and about all he said to me was "Blizzard?" after I ripped a couple of shots. I said yes and he smiled and nodded and said he just got 3. These discs are getting huge buzz and flying off our shelves as well.

Personally I like the bubbles in the flight plate and I hope they stay there. BTW, my Blizzard Boss floated on the lake for an hour today before it finally blew to the side. It sank when I turned it sideways at the edge of the shore, but these things float way better if upright than full weight discs.

My Destroyer (yellow 137 with no bubbles on the flight plate) and Boss (fantastic looking pink 139 with bubbles everywhere) arrived today, and look and feel pretty darn nice. Not hugely domey, but enough and both feel nice and gummy.

The Destroyer is lower PLH than my stable/overstable AJ, a teeny tiny bit lower than my stable/understable yellow Echos (which do a full helix very nicely, but require a bit of hyzer), and equal with my Pros. The Boss is somewhat higher than my 139g Japan Open R-Pro and considerably lower than my pig overstable Star. Looking good so far, I'm pretty excited about both.

I got to throw a ~150g blizzard wraith today and absolutely bombed a few. I am really looking forward to trying a destroyer and boss.

Got my first two production runs in the mail today. Wraith and destroyer, Both have the smaller bubbles all the way through, both nice and domey. I have to say though that the wraith really looks terrible. It has gouges and nicks all over it. My taiwan katana had the weird lines around the underside of the wing but you could barely even feel them. On this wraith there are more of these lines and they have significant depth. Don't know how it will effect the flight if at all but the definition of f2/blem just seems to have gone out the window with these. Can't wait to get out and throw them this weekend.

I am definitely liking the taiwan blizz katana I have been throwing for the last few weeks. It pretty much immediately added a consistent 25ft to my drive and I have had some of my longest shots ever that were more like 75ft past my normal max.

So the bubbles in flight plate vs rim seems to be all over the place with some of the regular production molds. The latest Katanas I've seen had a somewhat messy stamp and no bubbles in the flight plate (though they were heavier, 157-159g). The Bosses and Destroyers still seem to be sporting numerous bubbles in the flight plate. It makes me wonder if Innova is still experimenting with it, even while ostensibly having gone into "regular production" with the Blizzard technology.

Picked up a 137 boss and a 134 destroyer on Monday. The boss had bubbles throughout while the destroyer had them only in the rim. These things can bomb. Typically I can get my C-PD and my S-DD out to about 380-410, King maxes out at 415 but requires too much lateral movement to be a real golf shot. Both of these were 30-50' farther than my pd and dd at full power and needed much less lateral room to get there than the king uses. King and DD are out, Blizzards are in.

Got a 156 Katana and Boss, really liking these discs, not having to hit them at 100% power to get them to go has made my distance game way more consistent over these past couple weeks.

Has anyone noticed any consitencies with plh and stability? Ive thrown several of these things and cant find an indicator of how stable they will or wont be

domeys have been beefy and moderate/flatties have been much less stable. ive also only seen the ones under 140 be less domey. anything higher in weight is usually poppy top.

Roc Lover said:
Has anyone noticed any consitencies with plh and stability? Ive thrown several of these things and cant find an indicator of how stable they will or wont be
Higher PLH = more stable. That'll hold true with 99.9% of the discs, you'd have to get something really weird going on for that to not work.

has anyone thrown the blizzard teedevils?
http://www.herodiscusa.com/champion-blizzard-teedevil-production-test-run-blems.html

I have a 150 with bubbles in the flight plate and the wing. I just got a diagnosis of an improperly rehabbed ankle so i now am in rehab with exercises that help in getting normal range of motion in my ankle and making it stronger. I may be throwing sooner than i thought. There's no traction outside now but there is a 330' indoor hall that i may use on Wednesday. Of course it's difficult to say anything about the fade if i dare to go and throw. And there's not something robbing a part of the field like DDC and other irrelevancies :-D There probably will be. So i can't tell when i can get some air time.

I got an ok to throw from a doc today so i got a few tosses in with various discs i had picked up during my hiatus. The 150 Teedevil flies ok. I was throwing on an ice path sideways along the path so i had room only for a slowed down x step so i lost a lot of power. Traction was ok for winter because it was perforated by small stones having sunk through the ice. The wind was pretty stiff a little left of rear wind. With pulled power the Teedevil didn't flip at all. I was throwing into a hill side in an unfamiliar place so i can't estimate the D. I had to throw upwards beyond my power generation optimum apex. I threw a low shot twice and the disc held speed so much better that it flew a laser until hitting the hill at approximately 230-250'. Thrown purely at pulled power i don't see a problem other than the flight numbers aren't -1 for turn and 2 for fade. It is more like 0 turn and 3 for fade. I imagine it won't turn bad if at all at 420' power for the longest drivers thrown low but i can't tell until i can throw with traction.

I did not want to risk losing both of my Katanas so i only took the heavier 156 with me and it fades pretty hard in a rear wind with pulled power. No flipping. The Katana 156 pulled out of an anny way earlier and harder than the 150 Teedevil.

I don't think that in other winds than front winds you couldn't keep the 150 Teedevil controlled Frank. I don't know your preferences but i'm sure that at 150 you're fine. I won't hazard a guess how much lighter you could go before i get a chance to throw at full power with traction and hear about your opinions of a 150.

I think i could smack a lighter Katana around with control but that impression may change with full power throws with traction. Maybe tomorrow but the hall won't allow me to see the fade. Being too short.

If i had to guess Katanas and Teedevils can be controlled at around 145 grams for a clean throw powered with 420' power with Nukes of 160 and up. And about equally long other discs. The discs i threw had HSS to spare at roughly 300' of D into a hill. The flights would have been significantly longer on flat ground and lower apexes. I'm thinking 360' minimum with probably 380' potential. The Katana was more HSS so that probably gives even more safety for estimation errors on low lines at full power. I have a 150 Katana to be tested but that weight difference ain't enough for me. I want a lighter one. Provided that indoor practice doesn't make the disc flip more than i thought at full power and low apexes.

Powered down the 156 Katana sure held up to the almost 20 gram difference vs Champ rule. The thing with the Katana is that the Bliz Katana is shaped more like a Pro than a regular Champ. A regular Champ is more HSS and LSS in a noticeable but fairly minor way at least in the 2011 Masters Cup CFR version. I heard that the production Champs might be a little less beefy but i have not thrown those.

I got a 135 Destroyer, 150 wraith and a 150 Katana.

The Katana so far is my favorite disc, followed by the Destroyer, I average about 340-350' with my normal drivers and since I switched to these I have no problems getting them out to 380+. I'm overshooting holes I use to need perfect shots to birdie and i'm deucing holes I never could. I've had no problems with these being flippy when thrown at full power. I would say out of 50 throws with them only two have turned and burned, and both of them I could feel myself throwing too hard and I would put the blame on wrist roll. I've had no problems throwing them straight, hyzer or even a nice sweeping 350' anny that follows a dog leg right when thrown RHBH.

So in conclusion I suggest picking these up, or at least making sure you get someone you know to let you test them out. They are quickly becoming my go-to discs and I don't have to throw nearly as hard meaning I get much more control.

I'm REALLY curious to see how these things fly at high altitude.

I'm looking for something that is a little less HSS than my max weight E* Destroyer, something along the lines of a slightly seasoned Pro Destroyer or a new Flow. What should I get? I'm currently thinking about a 130's Destroyer or Boss.

In my experience so far bosses will have more turn than the ds's. The ds are strangely hss but its not a bad thing, not bad in wind either