• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

without me reading this entire thing, what are you guys finding in terms of bubble ratio between the flight plate and rim for best performance? from what i've seen so far the ones with no bubbles in the rim are more stable which makes sense but i was wondering if anyone has any input on the best ratio for them and what distance range you're hitting with it.

Threw a guys 150 boss yesterday and it turned more than the two 135 destroyers I'd previously tried. I liked the destroyer's HSS more for my flicking.

Anyone nail a tree with one yet? I recall the rims having a little give to them and could see dings changing it's shape.

yeah I've smashed some trees and a metal wire they use to anchor telephone poles and haven't had any major issues with warpage yet.

new013 said:
without me reading this entire thing, what are you guys finding in terms of bubble ratio between the flight plate and rim for best performance? from what i've seen so far the ones with no bubbles in the rim are more stable which makes sense but i was wondering if anyone has any input on the best ratio for them and what distance range you're hitting with it.

As I posted previously I think flight plate bubbles are the best because that's the best place to lose weight. The closer to the Aerobie ring it is(no flighplate at all), the farther it's going to fly.

Frank Delicious said:
discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
The sub 140 bosses are really the best pure max D ones of the lot.

Seeing all the variation I really think it's disc to disc...I have a 138 Boss, but it's too overstable for max D. Compared to my 156 Boss the parting line is at least a few mm higher.

You're probably right. I got to throw a decent amount of these this weekend from other people who picked them up from the tourney (so they were all from the same batch) and all the sub 140 bosses were the biggest bombers, the 150 bosses and destroyers were all too LSS for pure max D.

Also the katanas and wraiths sucked.

I was thinking of trying one of the Wraiths out. How did it suck? (let the off-color jokes begin)

Again, the 141 pink wraith I threw several times was fliptastic and might have been okay with 300' of power or 400' power thrown 80' high.

Shameless plug alert...If you want your bubbles(and domes and PLHs) a specific way I can pick some out for you from CDGS...Just PM me.

Anyway, I grabbed some more Bosses to test today. I got a dayglow 137 and 2 more identical to my 156 Merlot. The dayglow is nice...less stable than my pink 138 with great glide. The other two Bosses are nice as well, though they showed that my first Boss has already lost a bit of stability. It has taken some pavement, so that's not too surprising.

I was a bit sore from throwing a lot of distance yesterday, so my timing and snap we not coming together very often. I didn't get any huge bombs like the one yesterday, but I was still getting surprisingly good results for an off day. They are not exactly terrible into a headwind either...They flip plenty, but still penetrate and get good d with enough initial hyzer.

get them to fade? yeah. The heavier boss and destroyer of mine will both fade, you just gotta give them some height or hyzer.

hyzer shots I threw this weekend with my 152 destroyer

412' through the woods. blizzard destroyer killed this shot, 80% power had me within putting range.

a shot that was about 370' to a gap on the left, the shot was to land near the gap and skip into it if you can. I pured this shot both rounds I threw the blizzard destroyer (one round I didn't throw it b/c there was a massive tailwind so I disced down to a pred.

Haven't thrown these yet, but the 151g Destroyer looks really strange. Every single bubble is in the rim, and not a bubble in the flight plate. So I guess the gyro-effect will be reduced.
r9ernl.jpg

What I don't like is that they seem to have found yet another way to make disc production inconsistent. Not only does the shape vary from mold to mold. Now weight distribution does that too.

spike

the goal with the blizzard is to have bubbles in the rim only(none in flight plate). They are a newer run and don't fly all that different.

it is a process

at work we have seen every type of bubble ratio/location in the blizzard discs. even some that have NO bubbles(156-159 katanas).

Dave D has commented that it is an evolving process with the end goal to have bubbles only in the rim

I don't really care where the bubbles are located and I doubt Innova does either. These are selling faster than any disc Innova has released in the last 2 years

zj1002 said:
it is a process

at work we have seen every type of bubble ratio/location in the blizzard discs. even some that have NO bubbles(156-159 katanas).

Dave D has commented that it is an evolving process with the end goal to have bubbles only in the rim

I don't really care where the bubbles are located and I doubt Innova does either. These are selling faster than any disc Innova has released in the last 2 years
Probably still not as fast as the Champ Gators. =)

Latest posts