• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

I'm hearing different things with the wraiths. What weights/characteristics seemed similar to Katanas in flight? I'm wanting a Blizzard Wraith that flies like my other Wraiths, but longer.

And are these a good option for a long, hyzer skip-shot hole? I'm wondering if they would skip further.

So I got three blizzard discs, a 136 boss, a 152 boss and a 152 destroyer. all of which weigh in right around those weights (+/-1). The 136 boss fucking bombs. I threw it with a tailwind 450', then tried throwing it back into a headwind and it got ate up. The boss and destroyer both throw a bunch like a new 1st run boss or if you haven't thrown any of those, a 8/10 destroyer. I like them overall and they are definitely more stable than I thought. Didn't get a ton of throws in with them as the wind picked up to about 25 mph and stayed there, making testing hard.

anyone gotten one seasoned yet? i am hoping after some wear, they will lose a lot of the harsh low speed fade and hold straight like new 150 dx wraiths or destroyers.

Where are you guys seeing these play a practical role in your bag? Or are they just fun to throw?

On a fun note, my 148 Katana bombs in a tailwind. Not sure of the exact distances, but I would guess I got a few throws around 450' today in 15mph gusts, and my normal D in calm conditions is 350' at best. And the funny thing is it did well into headwinds too. I had to give it a ton of hyzer and twice as much height as a tailwind drive, but it would flip from hyzer, travel right for quite a while, then flex back. I had a few drives where it went significantly further than my Wraiths into the wind...just with much less accuracy. Strangely enough, it makes me want to try a 130ish Wraith or Boss in headwinds. The only time I noticed the wind having an adverse effect (headwind and tailwind) was when the wind wasn't steady.

I bet these will season like any other champ disc. If they can find a way to make E*-Blizzard discs...

I can see the 152 destroyer and/or boss making the bag.

The 136 boss is only going in the bag for open, no-risk courses.

I gave away my 140g Blizzard Wraith to a new player, but I'm going to keep my 150g Katana around.

Again, I felt that my own personal best use for that Wraith was extreme uphill throws. Getting it up high and over stuff was much more effortless. And since it was HSS, I didn't have to worry about it flipping over, it would hold a hyzer the entire time.

I love the Blizzard Boss and Destroyer. Easy D, especially for Bomb hyzers. I prefer the Boss over the Destroyer but both are great. I have a 153, 154 and two 156 Blizz Boss and a 158 Blizz Destroyer and they all crush for me. I can hit 500 pretty much whenever I want now. Zj witnesses some pretty big shots I put up with em today. Zj had a great rip with my Blizz Destroyer, bout made it to me :wink:

I will say though, my 175 Quasar flies damn near just as far and on a tighter line but it feels like it takes a lot more out of my body to make it happen.

pease is out

probably for a very long time

the replacement, Roy G, is set to open early march if the weather is nice

rumor is pease can still come back, but it wont be the same. probably a 9 hole if anything. they don't want us crossing the creek so much

Are the bubbles relatively uniform? Has anyone noticed any wobbling due to uneven bubbles? All the pics i see look pretty nice as far as the bubbles being evenly spread out but the whole process seems like it would be difficult to control and innova doesnt need any help in making qc harder

Roc Lover said:
Are the bubbles relatively uniform? Has anyone noticed any wobbling due to uneven bubbles? All the pics i see look pretty nice as far as the bubbles being evenly spread out but the whole process seems like it would be difficult to control and innova doesnt need any help in making qc harder

I inspected CDGS inventory a couple days ago and the discs weren't really uniform. Some had noticeable larger bubbles throughout the disc, some had smaller bubbles only in the rim, and others didn't have any visible bubbles. I did not however see any discs in which the bubbles were noticeably asymmetrical. Even if they were stacked more on one side of the disc, it wouldn't be enough to cause visible wobble, it would just tick away at the disc's HSS.

GripEnemyS2K said:
Anybody throw the Blizzard Ape here?
Yes. Ridiculously overstable at 150g. Somewhat useful for thumbers/tommies (though I find a slower OS disc provides max D for these throws) or trick/skip shots, but not too much else (for me).

So I got some more throws with the 3 blizzard discs I have in some calm and slight wind conditions today at lunch. The 136 boss is a really fun disc to throw and after throwing it alongside a new r-pro boss I have, I would say it throws very similar to the r-pro boss. It needs some height and calm conditions to perform to it's maximum ability. The 152 boss and 152 destroyer performed really similar to each other with the destroyer being a bit more stable. The boss liked to do a full S before coming out of it's flight whereas the destroyer would pull out of the S. Right now I am liking the bosses more than the destroyer for max D but the destroyer performs better on golf lines.

What does have me interested is to see how the bosses beat in. The destroyer has hardly any flash but both bosses have a decent amount of flash on them and I am worried they will become uber-flippy once they lose that flashing.

one last thing, if you have a clean flick, you can flick the shit out of these. If you don't have a clean flick, you will be throwing a lot of forehand rollers.

I throw exclusively 150g for drivers. Average controlled golf drive ~300 (with a gummy 11x Teebird), average full-distance huck ~340 (with a flattop JO R-Pro Boss, flattop JO R-Pro Katana, or F2 Blizzard Wraith), max officially (WFDF) measured flat-ground D 399 (VA States 2006 with a hot-off-the-presses flattop JO DX TeeRex).

Frank Delicious said:
What does have me interested is to see how the bosses beat in. The destroyer has hardly any flash but both bosses have a decent amount of flash on them and I am worried they will become uber-flippy once they lose that flashing.

one last thing, if you have a clean flick, you can flick the shit out of these. If you don't have a clean flick, you will be throwing a lot of forehand rollers.
If yours beat in and are too flippy PM me. :mrgreen: I'm curious to see how "clean" my flick is. As far as bubbles, my 152 Boss is very uniformed. As the bubbles get close to the center there are a lot of them and they are very small. As they get out toward the rim the bubbles are slightly bigger but there are less of them. I'm hoping that means there is more weight out on the rim so there will be better gyroscopic flight. Meaning long-ass throws. :lol:

Latest posts