• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Thunderbird Jeremy Koling (Tour Series)

No, far fewer than 700 people, the Sexton Firebirds (and now Koling Thunderbirds) are purchased in large chunks by dudes that then sell them on Ebay/FB/etc., some guy bought a big chunk of the Koling Thunderbirds and immediately put a listing on Ebay saying they will ship May 8 or something like, so he does not even physically possess them yet and already listed them on Ebay.

:sick::gross:

Anyone have a picture of the stamp?

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-thunderbird-jeremy-koling-tour-series.html

st-thunderbird_bigjerm_black-pinkmarble.jpg

Even better lol. Proshop should limit buyers to like 10+ of any one mold in a single purchase.

Even better, Innova should sell these runs to dealers and not on the Proshop at all. Let the Proshop be for Factory Seconds and ongoing Tour Series discs. Sell to the dealers (the pros still get their cut), then the dealers can set their limits on order quantities.

Well i have said that forever so thanks. The store only screws retail partners. Its pretty lame but makes mad loot....

Last edited:
I'm really pissy with Innova. I tried to checkout with two of these when 400+ were in stock and got a sold out when I was about to confirm the order

The ridiculous low number of FR Rocx3 that were online is another recent example.

I'm honestly thinking about emailing them to say Im really upset I can't get the discs I want because they don't limit purchases OR make nearly enough.

A stiffer, extra-flat star thundy is like a dream disc.

The realist in me knows why they don't care but the disc golfer in me hates how they keep handling premiuim plastic.

Even better, Innova should sell these runs to dealers and not on the Proshop at all. Let the Proshop be for Factory Seconds and ongoing Tour Series discs. Sell to the dealers (the pros still get their cut), then the dealers can set their limits on order quantities.

I'm not sure I trust some of these retailers to not jack the prices up if there are extra swirls or something.

I'm not sure I trust some of these retailers to not jack the prices up if there are extra swirls or something.

They possibly will, but their goal is to sell THEIR discs in a competitive market. They generally are not going to be hoarders or jack up prices TOO far, as the competition can undercut them.

You (plural) may ask why that doesn't apply to the Proshop, and to an extent it does. But the Proshop is part of the problem of creating this frenzied market that jacks up prices but does NOT help the Tour Pro whose name is on the disc. If the Proshop sold ONLY to dealerships, they'd need to make larger batches then send them out, and there would be more available. Then the quantity would be there that would overwhelm the hoarders and make more discs available overall so that we don't have to rely on "lightning strikes" to be at the right place and right time to get a couple of discs.

I'm waiting to see a head to head review, the Nate Sexton "less overstable" Firebird vs. the Jeremy Koling "more overstable" Thunderbird.

They possibly will, but their goal is to sell THEIR discs in a competitive market. They generally are not going to be hoarders or jack up prices TOO far, as the competition can undercut them.

You (plural) may ask why that doesn't apply to the Proshop, and to an extent it does. But the Proshop is part of the problem of creating this frenzied market that jacks up prices but does NOT help the Tour Pro whose name is on the disc. If the Proshop sold ONLY to dealerships, they'd need to make larger batches then send them out, and there would be more available. Then the quantity would be there that would overwhelm the hoarders and make more discs available overall so that we don't have to rely on "lightning strikes" to be at the right place and right time to get a couple of discs.

Couldn't that happen now? They could do the same thing by putting up more on the factory store. Problem solved by waiting and putting up 2,000 at once or something.

I've also heard that they can't keep up with the demand for these. I don't think the shortages are a plan on their part.

Couldn't that happen now? They could do the same thing by putting up more on the factory store. Problem solved by waiting and putting up 2,000 at once or something.

I've also heard that they can't keep up with the demand for these. I don't think the shortages are a plan on their part.

I do not disagree with you. But I do think they limit the number they put up at any one time because they have to pack and ship the things. That's another reason to ship to dealers with more discs in fewer orders, rather than a ton of orders for just a few discs.

Oh well, they're gonna do what they're gonna do...

I do not disagree with you. But I do think they limit the number they put up at any one time because they have to pack and ship the things. That's another reason to ship to dealers with more discs in fewer orders, rather than a ton of orders for just a few discs.

Oh well, they're gonna do what they're gonna do...

I've heard they just can't stamp them fast enough, but that could be incorrect.

It's not great if they are limiting the releases bc of shipping issues.

In the end, I don't have a super strong opinion on how this should work. I've had crap luck getting proto star releases from online retailers, but never a problem with factory store discs.

Sometimes I have to wait a week or two for the restocks but I've always ended up with what I want.

back in stock now if anyone is interested (144 left as of this post)

Edit: Gone

Last edited: