• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Thunderbird Jeremy Koling (Tour Series)

Went out and threw it today - fast, far, fun.

Way faster and farther than a regular Star Thunderbird, a regular Star Thunderbird is like throwing a lead wafer, the Koling version is easy to throw 350+.

The flatness makes sense, otherwise it would just be arrow straight, the flat/puddle top gives it stability so there is some hookup at the end, and aids in running a hyzer route if desired.

But being flat/puddle topped, it did fail uphill into a headwind, the puddle top raises the PLH so uphill into headwind pushes the air under the disc and makes it pop up instead of penetrate.

Keeping, not selling.

Went out and threw it today - fast, far, fun.

Way faster and farther than a regular Star Thunderbird, a regular Star Thunderbird is like throwing a lead wafer, the Koling version is easy to throw 350+.

The flatness makes sense, otherwise it would just be arrow straight, the flat/puddle top gives it stability so there is some hookup at the end, and aids in running a hyzer route if desired.

But being flat/puddle topped, it did fail uphill into a headwind, the puddle top raises the PLH so uphill into headwind pushes the air under the disc and makes it pop up instead of penetrate.

I give up DGCR.

Can I get some profile pictures of one of these?
Preferably next to a champ thunderbird for comparison.

Last edited:
From an eBay auction
s-l1600.jpg

I got a few of these in the mail today. They are definitely flat. The profile reminds me of the first run DX's; I'm expecting these to be pretty overstable. The plastic isn't as stiff as first run DX Thunderbird plastic. It's nice, medium Star plastic, not super soft, not super stiff. I'm also pretty happy with the colors I got. Mine range from pink and purple to light mint green with grey swirls. Not one of them resembles poop, and I think they'll all be pretty easy to find on the course. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them. I'm just sad I have to leave for a work conference on Wednesday and won't get to test these out for a couple weeks. :\

They sound like the swirly star thunderbirds they released a while back, but with big jerms stamp. If thats the case, i might have to get a couple.

I got a few of these in the mail today. They are definitely flat. The profile reminds me of the first run DX's; I'm expecting these to be pretty overstable. The plastic isn't as stiff as first run DX Thunderbird plastic. It's nice, medium Star plastic, not super soft, not super stiff. I'm also pretty happy with the colors I got. Mine range from pink and purple to light mint green with grey swirls.

Perhaps the stiffness is inconsistent.. I have two and they arent rock-hard but they both EXTRA stiff. Way moreso than any stock star I've held in a few years.

So how do these compare to regular production Star? Just more overstable & flat topped? I just picked up a regular Star Thunderbird to see how they compare to my C-PDs. I've been told regular production Stars are more overstable than Champs. My only experience with Thunderbirds is the Champs I have.

Puddle top raises plh...interesting.

Just like the on/off switch that activates the gyro on your discs. :hfive:

Glad to see Jerm selling out at the same rate as Sexton. Happy to see both of those guys getting added cash to stay on tour. Hopefully Dave D isn't taking too much of a cut ;)

Puddle top raises plh...interesting.

Just like the on/off switch that activates the gyro on your discs. :hfive:

Glad to see Jerm selling out at the same rate as Sexton. Happy to see both of those guys getting extra cash to stay on tour. Hopefully Innova isn't taking too much of a cut ;)

So how do these compare to regular production Star? Just more overstable & flat topped? I just picked up a regular Star Thunderbird to see how they compare to my C-PDs. I've been told regular production Stars are more overstable than Champs. My only experience with Thunderbirds is the Champs I have.

My regular star came in yesterday. I bought it for the same reason because I was told it would be more OS than my pumpkin stamp. I really don't think it is. Looks like I just need to work with my S PD more.

My regular star came in yesterday. I bought it for the same reason because I was told it would be more OS than my pumpkin stamp. I really don't think it is. Looks like I just need to work with my S PD more.

Is it flat and rock hard?