• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

Daubers

Birdie Member
Did some searching and lots of reading but could not find what I was looking for ( although I am sure its not a totally unique question). I am looking for a driver that is dead strait out of the box. I also play mostly in highly wooded areas so I want a durable plastic that will fly how I want from day 1 and stay like that. Getting kind of sick of beating discs in...:\ THANKS!

I throw my GL striker flat and hard and it usually flies straight with no turn and no fade, usually.

The thing is "straight" is usually relative to throwing speed. So someone without a powerful throw can make a Leopard go "straight" but someone else could overpower it easily and need a more stable disc to go "straight". Another thing to keep in mind is even a slight nose angle miscalculation can change the flight of a disc dramatically. Basically what I'm saying is it depends on your throw when it comes to drivers.

And how far do you want to go? I know you said wooded courses but do you want something to go long and straight or short and straight? How far can you throw? How good is your form? What discs are the most straight for you right now?

Batwing Z Avenger - Dead straight 400ft power
Teebird - Straight 350ft power
Buzz - Straight 300ft power

What speed are you referring to? To replace the beast? Leopard? You can throw an AMP really straight.

Looking for straiter than the leopard and could be faster

Is your leopard not flying straight for you?
I CAN make my leopard fly strait but for narrow shots with low ceilings it is not strait enough under full power to get the distance I need for some holes

The thing is "straight" is usually relative to throwing speed. So someone without a powerful throw can make a Leopard go "straight" but someone else could overpower it easily and need a more stable disc to go "straight". Another thing to keep in mind is even a slight nose angle miscalculation can change the flight of a disc dramatically. Basically what I'm saying is it depends on your throw when it comes to drivers.

I can get my Leopard out to 400+ pretty accurately but if I want to keep it dead strait i power down to about 300-330ish.

And how far do you want to go? I know you said wooded courses but do you want something to go long and straight or short and straight? How far can you throw? How good is your form? What discs are the most straight for you right now?

Batwing Z Avenger - Dead straight 400ft power
Teebird - Straight 350ft power
Buzz - Straight 300ft power

I am looking for as much distance as possible. My home course has several holes I need it. One is just shy of 1000ft, very narrow and low ceiling but totally strait. I can get my Rocs out lazer strait 300 - 350 and I can get my Aviar P&A out to 290.

My form is definately not perfect as I just really started playing about 5 months ago but has made leaps in progress. I just added a run up and reach back which got me a ton more power that I have been working on consistency with.

In regards to plastic, Since i play in such heavily wooded courses I have about had it with DX. Doesn't last. I do like my Champ stuff but it takes so long to beat in that I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I would rather have a durable plastic out of the box that will fly how it is meant to and hold those characteristics. Especially at this point in my disc 'career' I would like to remove any variables that I can.

Depends on the amount of power you put on it... For me it's fairly easy to turnover to the right, but it will fly pretty straight when powered down.

I am really looking for something I don't have to power down. Having power on throws is really not something I have an issue with in this game so I guess im looking for something more for a "big arm" ( wow does that feel retarded and NOT humble to say about myself!)

different power levels = different discs to achieve a straight flight.

in order of power requirement necessary (high to low):

teebird/eagle
tl/fd
mamba
leopard

i know the mamba is faster, but it is easier to throw at lower powers than any of the discs listed above it. the stalker can probably squeeze in between the mamba and leopard.

All discs will have some type of fade at the end of its flight. It's just what happens when the discs stops spinning. There are certain things you can do to try and counteract some of the fade, but there will still be some fade.

Latest posts