• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

Buzzzzz

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but definitely have to go with the Buzz. There are a lot of variables to throwing "straight" mind you.

different power levels = different discs to achieve a straight flight.

in order of power requirement necessary (high to low):

teebird/eagle
tl/fd
mamba
leopard

i know the mamba is faster, but it is easier to throw at lower powers than any of the discs listed above it. the stalker can probably squeeze in between the mamba and leopard.

I love my Leopard and is very predictable, but is not really a dead strait disc?

All discs will have some type of fade at the end of its flight. It's just what happens when the discs stops spinning. There are certain things you can do to try and counteract some of the fade, but there will still be some fade.

Being as I have to throw with about a 10' max ceiling the natural fade isn't too much of a problem

i'd say something understable that you can hyzer-flip. something like a leo, jls, or saint. if you're the kind of guy that prefers to throw hard over the top with nose down, you can get away with a teebird, p-pd or volt.
that being said, for me straightest long distance disc is a proto D1.

Are we talking straight with a flat release, or something you might hyzer flip? If you're talking flat, you could go with a Teebird or something like it. For the hyzer flip line, a max weight, domey River should do the trick. The River is the straightest for me and its what I'd use for a long tunnel shot: hyzer flipped out to about 350' it will skip forward on the fade. That's about as straight as it gets.

Saint for me is a frickin' lazer beam.

Also, while I haven't thrown one yet, I hear Rivals are dead straight and are great for low ceiling drives.

Last thing, the correct word your looking for is straight...not strait...unless your talking about Gibraltar.

Last edited:
:eek: yes see my typo now oops!

Lots of recomendations for the teebird, which was actually my first thought but I read a lot that It won't throw straight until beat in?

Faster+farther than a leopard? 170+ Star or Champ TeeBird. Absolutely dead nuts straight thrown with a lot of power and medium fade at the very end. If it is a current domey run go for max weight. Even faster and farther? C or S PD Freak. Extremely straight, a little bit more overstable and faster than the TeeBird.

Latest posts