• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

400'? 4-5 months in?......

....if that is indeed true.....

You should be able to throw a teebird pretty freaking straight, but if its fading too much at the end, try the TL

Pretty much, get a couple of Star TLs. One that you keep in new shape for max power, and another that gets beat in, they will be some of the most flexible discs in your bag.

I eagled a 975 foot hole at the Gran Canyon throwing an Echo Katana and an approach with a brand new Star TL... 25 foot putt. These new TLs are perfect. Lots of glide, lots of control.

400'? 4-5 months in?......

....if that is indeed true.....

You should be able to throw a teebird pretty freaking straight, but if its fading too much at the end, try the TL

I guess I should have clarified, 400 non internet feet ;). probably due to my athletic background and the sports plus bodybuilding I still do I am somewhat natural at it. I was able to get 250 with roc first day trying pec drills. I just can't wait till I have the control to go full power into some throws

For straight, flat shots I use a star TL or a Z Stalker. They have hardly any high speed turn or low speed fade. Also liking a River I've recently put in the bag.

But if you really want to start pushing straight shots out over your mark of 350', then I would suggest becoming an expert at a smooth hyzer-flip shot. You'll get more distance out of a disc on a low straight line this way.
You can practice this technique with discs you thought were too beat-in to throw anymore.

consensus seems to be mainly between Lace, champ teebird and star TL. of those which would be most woods friendly and fly as desired new?

But if you really want to start pushing straight shots out over your mark of 350', then I would suggest becoming an expert at a smooth hyzer-flip shot. You'll get more distance out of a disc on a low straight line this way.
You can practice this technique with discs you thought were too beat-in to throw anymore.

Listen to him. All my straight shots are hyzer release. Unless it's in the 200-275 range. If I need straight in that range, I throw Super Stingray on a slight hyzer to straighten out. Low ceiling? Leopard or TL at way less power than a distance shot.

consensus seems to be mainly between Lace, champ teebird and star TL. of those which would be most woods friendly and fly as desired new?

Champ Teebird will be more woods friendly, but they are anything but straight for me. Pretty big hook at the end. My Star TL is as straight as anything I've ever thrown. I do not throw it in the woods though.

My light Blizzard Katana (if I keep it low) flys straight as a arrow >>>------->

GL River is the straightest fairway for me in those situations, but if you want more durable, Opto seems pretty bombproof.

2nd choice would be a flat Z Stalker. Not a Striker, a Stalker.

My light Blizzard Katana (if I keep it low) flys straight as a arrow >>>------->

Really? I have a Blizz Katana and that thing has more right to left action than any disc I've ever thrown. I would say it's the least straight disc I have even touched and I need a ton of room to make it work. Maybe you got a freak stable one.

IMO a QJLS would be ideal for your situation, very versatile disc that can handle a variety of shots

sooo may options... head spinning! I am sure by the sounds of it that I would be pretty happy with any of them. Going to start looking to see what I can get cheapest on MP and let that help my decision :D