• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

I vote Rival. Or Teebird. Both come in easy to find premium plastics. The Rival will start out a bit less stable, not much but it is a little more "workable". The Teebird is just dead nuts straight with some fade at the end. Just my $0.02.

My lucid escape is absolutely money. I can throw it 370 on a rope, power down and throw long sweeping hyzers or flex shots, straight shots that dump left, etc. It is a good damn disc.

If hes throwing over 400' and doesnt want to power down, theres no way. I throw 400' max, and the flx xl for my is a roller that turn immediately into the ground on a full snap/throw.

Well luckily 85% can't throw 400 ft.

And even If you can, it will go straight---------> if you have good form.

Another disc is a glow Dx teebird!

If a TL isn't going straight you either throw 500 distance or you are doing something wrong.

Star TL might still get beat if you play in the woods a ton. i would use a CE TL that is probably the most expensive answer. but late run or nice grippy champ works just as well.

Looking for straiter than the leopard and could be faster

I CAN make my leopard fly strait but for narrow shots with low ceilings it is not strait enough under full power to get the distance I need for some holes

I can get my Leopard out to 400+ pretty accurately but if I want to keep it dead strait i power down to about 300-330ish.

I am looking for as much distance as possible. My home course has several holes I need it. One is just shy of 1000ft, very narrow and low ceiling but totally strait. I can get my Rocs out lazer strait 300 - 350 and I can get my Aviar P&A out to 290.

My form is definately not perfect as I just really started playing about 5 months ago but has made leaps in progress. I just added a run up and reach back which got me a ton more power that I have been working on consistency with.

In regards to plastic, Since i play in such heavily wooded courses I have about had it with DX. Doesn't last. I do like my Champ stuff but it takes so long to beat in that I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I would rather have a durable plastic out of the box that will fly how it is meant to and hold those characteristics. Especially at this point in my disc 'career' I would like to remove any variables that I can.

If you can throw the roc 300 to 350 then will still have a shot for eagle or birdie on a 1000 ft hole. So say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
:thmbup:

JLS is the first thing that came to mind. TL, Glow Champ Gazelle, Z XL, KC Pro Cheetah (if you can find one)...

Escape wins. Longer than a teebird, and has huge distance potential. Lucid has a little high speed turn, but from what I'm hearing, the BioFuzions are a bit more stable/straight.

thanks everyone for all the incite. looking into some of the discs recommended, I should have mentioned that money is a concern. really prefer something I can get off the shelf at a reasonable price.

Latest posts