• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Streamline Discs - Pilot

I have one of the neutron cosmic swirly ones, or whatever they call them. I have never used an electron pilot, so I can't compare them. I will say that the Pilot I have is completely, absolutely unwilling to turn. It pretty much goes straight no matter how hard I throw it. It has a fair bit of fade if I give it some air or throw it softly, but when thrown hard, it just holds the line to the ground. It is a fairly forgiving disc and feels good in my hand. I'm not sure if I plan on keeping it as my main thrower or not, but I definitely find it to be a solid choice, and a lot more stable than I expected based on some descriptions I've read of the mold.

Just ordered a neutron pilot, we'll see how it goes. Just broke my disc buying oath. lol

haha yeah I had that oath too. I held up pretty good for 2-3 months though. I grabbed a N Pilot a couple weeks ago. Its way more stable than I expected, not in a bad way. def flies like 2/5/0/1.5 handles wind well even with that glide. Not gonna lie, I really like it. so check it out and report :)

haha yeah I had that oath too. I held up pretty good for 2-3 months though. I grabbed a N Pilot a couple weeks ago. Its way more stable than I expected, not in a bad way. def flies like 2/5/0/1.5 handles wind well even with that glide. Not gonna lie, I really like it. so check it out and report :)

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to replace my Envy with something the is straighter/slower/more glide. I tried a TI roach but it was more stable than advertised as well. Also tried a k1 reko which I loved but it was a bit too fast/stable. Will report back with my findings.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to replace my Envy with something the is straighter/slower/more glide. I tried a TI roach but it was more stable than advertised as well. Also tried a k1 reko which I loved but it was a bit too fast/stable. Will report back with my findings.

Neutron Pilot is definitely slower than an Envy but has way more glide. Not sure it will kick out the 2 Envy's I have but definitely great for higher shots. Still testing it and for not it will stay in the bag. I would like to get rid of the Envy since I am putting with the Pilot now. But there is just a confidence level I have with the Envy. I almost consider if more of my mid range disc. I only care 2 true mids, a Runway and a beat Vector, with 2 Envies and a Proxy for the straight to stable to US shots. Got some beat Electron Pilots that are very Proxy like. We'll have to see.

It's not 'overstable' just stable with a nice lil fade. It may depend on the actual disc, mine just flies that way. Its nice. Either youll be lucky and get a straighter one or maybe go 170 ish grams, mine is 176g. But yeah its not as OS as an envy

Banger GT for slightly slower
Or
Berg for a lot slower

I have replaced my Classic Blend Wardens with a pair of Electron Pilots. They are very similar, but the Pilot's extra glide is noticeable when outside the circle and short approaches. Been making a lot more long putts!!

The Electron plastic is not the most durable stuff. Both discs are showing some smallish signs of wear after hitting the chains and basket. But can't complain when they are landing in the basket.

Or
Berg for a lot slower

Tried a banger GT and it feels awesome in hand but for some reason I could not throw that thing without oat. Just couldn't get a clean release.

Also have tried a k1 glow berg in the past. It was an absolute brick. Actually getting ready to order another in a different plastic to try out.

Tried a banger GT and it feels awesome in hand but for some reason I could not throw that thing without oat. Just couldn't get a clean release.

Also have tried a k1 glow berg in the past. It was an absolute brick. Actually getting ready to order another in a different plastic to try out.

From the discs I have held in the hand a standard Steady is a Bangor but without the GT top. Felt that in a store one time but might still have the oat problem. If you are having problems with that molds wing then try a Focus, has a similar rim to the Bangor actually more like a Wizard but with a bead on the putter that could help with the index finger. Flies like a less os Wizard.

I had problems throwing the Banger until I figured out to use the under side of the groove to grip with my first and second fingers. Sort of like a deep sabre or fork grip.

It helped my release; ymmv.

Or
Berg for a lot slower

you didn't describe anything he's looking for. MORE GLIDE, not less....and Straighter. Berg doesn't fit at all. Banger perhaps. but sounds like he's sticking MVP/AXIOM/STREAMLINE also

I would honestly say if he hasn't already go for a max weight neutron Proxy, that'll do er'

you didn't describe anything he's looking for. MORE GLIDE, not less....and Straighter. Berg doesn't fit at all. Banger perhaps. but sounds like he's sticking MVP/AXIOM/STREAMLINE also

I would honestly say if he hasn't already go for a max weight neutron Proxy, that'll do er'

A Banger GT has quite a bit more Glide than an Envy, is straighter and slower. I bag both.

A proxy is straighter, bit not slower.

Got my Cosmic Pilot... Goodness I'm so happy. I've been using Pilots for putting and driving since they came out. I still had P2s for more stable driving, since the Electron does wear in pretty quickly. However, the Neutron Pilot is just what I wanted. Thinking I'll be removing the P2s from the bag. I love the shallow feel of Pilots, the great glide, and the ability to control angles. It's neutral/understable enough that with power, you can easily hyzerflip or turn it over. However, with release angle and power control it is just about the best placement disc under 250'. Now I can use them off the tee without having to replace them every couple months.

Plenty of discs have similar flight characteristics, but to me, the feel of the Pilot is exactly what the doctor ordered. And the Cosmic discs looks siiiiiiiick!

^ Idk to me the neutron pilot feels deep - almost like a lid. yet the electron feel like a paper plate. Either way, its a cool disc

^ Idk to me the neutron pilot feels deep - almost like a lid. yet the electron feel like a paper plate. Either way, its a cool disc

That's my sense of it as well. It feels almost deep like a Shield or even a Dagger. Super straight though. It is in the bag but not sure it's going to kick out a well seasoned Envy. I am also digging the Firm Electron Pilot. That also flies super straight. Can't wait for the normal release of these so I can get some more. :clap:

That's kind of how my neutron/plasma envy feel compared to my electrons. Almost feels like a completely different mold to me. My pilot is sitting in the mail at home. Can't wait to get off work and check it out.

Felt up my pilot tonight. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet but I can tell just by feeling it that it isn't as neutral as I was thinking it would be. The bead is a lot more noticeable than I expected based off descriptions and it's fairly deep feeling for what is usually described as a shallow disc.

Felt up my pilot tonight. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet but I can tell just by feeling it that it isn't as neutral as I was thinking it would be. The bead is a lot more noticeable than I expected based off descriptions and it's fairly deep feeling for what is usually described as a shallow disc.

ok thats exactly what I thought. I have one stamped 2/5/-1/1 and its not that, its 0/2 or 0/1.5

which is sweet because it can beat in over a long time to be straighter. I like that its a stable glidey disc. I don't have anything like that. closest is my atom but that's a lil faster and less glide. FYI the N Pilot handles wind. Somehow. I played in tough conditions last weekend and I threw it in 15-20 mph winds and it held. so....im impressed. plus the firm neutron plastic is solid but REALLY grippy. im liking it a lot. Ill be playing a awesome courses (actually 2 courses same property) tomorrow with my group of 5 buddies, cant wait to use this and slay the course

Tested the pilot today. Flight is identical to my beat up plasma envy. It just doesn't feel as good in the hand.