• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Streamline Discs - Pilot

Still flat. Only thing I can think is all the dings on the rim affects the air flow to push it down. I've never seen this happen with another putter.

I have experienced the opposite. The more my Pilots beat in, the more glide they seem to have.

Man, let me have this mold in a plastic like P-line P2s or McPro aviars, I'd be in heaven. One of the best in-hand-feels of any putter, I just really love the hard smooth plastic for a cleaner and more consistent release.

Man, let me have this mold in a plastic like P-line P2s or McPro aviars, I'd be in heaven. One of the best in-hand-feels of any putter, I just really love the hard smooth plastic for a cleaner and more consistent release.

If/when they release this in the Firm electron, I think that will solve your problem.

I do agree that this disc does feel and release great. I picked up a soft because I haven't tried a soft putter in quite awhile and I'm glad I did. It's now my putting putter and I'm much more consistent. I'm waiting to see if it gets uncomfortably soft but it really has just been giving me more confidence than ever.

Finally got around to picking up a back up, they are available on Amazon now with free shipping at great prices if you are a Prime member.

I have been throwing Pilots for a while now. I use them as understable throwing putters and putt with them. These are amazing discs. How do I know that? I got two aces in 8 days on the same hole with one of my Pilots, understable hyzerflip on a 300 foot downhill tunnel shot. The second of those aces won me 450 dollars. Stores cannot keep these on the shelves. Now when will they have them in Neutron!! Please!

If/when they release this in the Firm electron, I think that will solve your problem.

I will get some in firm and premium plastics as soon as they're available. For now I'm making do with Medium, but it's the best putter I've ever tried.

I'm hoping the premiums come slightly OS, maybe like a 2/4/0/1. Cycling awesomeness for approaches and short drives.

I hadn't really paid any attention to the Pilot, but somehow ran across its specs about a week ago. My Gauntlet's glide combined with my Pure's lower profile?! I couldn't order one fast enough. I've only had a chance to play one round with it, and it was too windy to really get a feel for its flight, but it's promising so far. The feel of the profile and the Electron plastic is excellent, and toward the end of the round I sank two consecutive long putts that would've normally been very chancy for me.

I got mine in medium, and it's almost as firm as Lat's Zero Hard. Definitely a lot firmer than Zero Medium.

I hadn't really paid any attention to the Pilot, but somehow ran across its specs about a week ago. My Gauntlet's glide combined with my Pure's lower profile?! I couldn't order one fast enough. I've only had a chance to play one round with it, and it was too windy to really get a feel for its flight, but it's promising so far. The feel of the profile and the Electron plastic is excellent, and toward the end of the round I sank two consecutive long putts that would've normally been very chancy for me.

I got mine in medium, and it's almost as firm as Lat's Zero Hard. Definitely a lot firmer than Zero Medium.

I push putt from 20 and in.

From 20-80, I'm spin putting with a Pilot. Straight and glidey.

have you tried a Pilot?

The Pilot, when putting, is that grippier Proxy in my opinion. I always bag a neutron or plasma Proxy for throwing. Lately, for putting, I've swapped out XT Aviar P&As for Pilots and have been really pleased. Very neutral and good glide and the grip is way better than electron of the past...."

Broken, just saying thank you for the Pilot recommendation. I dig it a lot and it's just like you said ^, awesome. I'm strictly using it as my putting putter.

Is anyone else throwing this disc anymore? I didn't like the Pilot that much at first because I bought it to be a putting putter and didn't like it for that, but yesterday I played Lake Bryant in Minnesota and found that this glidey little putter was awesome for some of the steep uphill and downhill shots that I needed to keep in the fairway. Normally the Pure is my go-to when I need to place my shots carefully, but I found that even though the Pure was always very straight for me on level ground, with the big elevation changes it would actually show a lot more fade than I was used to. The Pilot was the only disc that I could throw down a 45 degree slope and trust that it would glide straight for the entire flight instead of falling into the rough on the left side.

Is anyone else throwing this disc anymore?

I'm still bagging a pilot, although it has moved from my main driving putter to the hyzerflip/turnover slot. It's fun to throw and has great glide, but would occasionally drift right when I didn't want to. I wish they would release one in premium plastic though. But they seem to be more concerned with releasing multiple stamps instead of multiple plastics.

I'm still bagging a pilot, although it has moved from my main driving putter to the hyzerflip/turnover slot. It's fun to throw and has great glide, but would occasionally drift right when I didn't want to. I wish they would release one in premium plastic though. But they seem to be more concerned with releasing multiple stamps instead of multiple plastics.

A Neutron or Proton Pilot would be really nice. I think the disc is about perfect when it's new or lightly seasoned, but since it's just a hair on the understable side to begin with I can see how it could become unreliable with more use. Especially since it's transitioned from a putting putter to a throwing putter in my bag, I would appreciate a little more durability for sure.

They released (across the 3 brands) a new disc (with a special stamp), and old disc in a new plastic, and a disc with a special edition stamp this month. If they did any more than that, they would run out of new things to release rather quickly, which would be a terrible marketing strategy.