• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Streamline Discs - Pilot

They released (across the 3 brands) a new disc (with a special stamp), and old disc in a new plastic, and a disc with a special edition stamp this month. If they did any more than that, they would run out of new things to release rather quickly, which would be a terrible marketing strategy.

They're doing just fine with gyro releases, but I'm only interested in Streamline. As far as I know, there have basically been only 4 major streamline announcements since the brand started: Traces available in Neutron/proton, pilots in electron & soft, traces in plasma, and this new announcement for the drift. I don't really count new stamps on previously available discs as a major announcement.

I am still bagging it. I complement it with an OS approach disc. It needs to come out in premium plastic...like yesterday.

So...when are the Cosmic Neutron Pilots coming out? Can't wait!

I am on board!!!!!!!!! All in!!!!!!

I wonder if they will release standard Neutron too?

How does the pilot feel in hand? I'm looking for a putter with a rounded comfy feel like the roach except less dome and maybe shallower.

Yea that sounds like a pilot. Used to putt Challengers and it feels like a challenger that was squashed a bit.

I haven't putted with an Aviar for 8 years....

From the Streamline page...

https://streamlinediscs.com/discs/pilot/
The Pilot has a medium-depth grip, small-bead wing design, flat top, and a comfortable rounded nose. The Pilot's feel in the hand with grippy Electron plastics will inspire confidence, while its dead straight flight takes you right to the pin. MVP throwers will find the Pilot's depth in between the Atom and Anode, and its flight most similar to a seasoned Anode.

There is a profile diagram on the page also.

Congratz to Pilot throwers that they finally put out some premium plastic. I have never thrown one, just wanted to say I'm happy for you guys.

My recent order. The special edition Pilot has faded pink and greenish cosmic colors. I plan on dyeing both Pilots. Neither are stiff.

Sorry for the crappy pic. Phone camera isn't the best.

Attachments

• 20190521_161453.jpg
    20190521_161453.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 61
How do these compare to Kastaplast Rekos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How do these compare to Kastaplast Rekos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking to replace my envy as my workhorse driving/approach putter and I'm trying to decide between a neutron pilot or another k1 reko. My old k1 reko wasn't much less stable then the envy and is similarly fast. I don't like the envy on shorter approach shots because it is too stable and sometimes tends to go too long.