• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Streamline Discs - Pilot

Mania3

Searched and did not find a thread for the pilot yet...

Streamline Disc's Pilot

Available currently in Electron & Soft Electron.

Flight numbers: Speed: 2 Glide: 5 Turn: -1 Fade: 1

"The Pilot has a medium-depth grip, small-bead wing design, flat top, and a comfortable rounded nose. The Pilot's feel in the hand with grippy Electron plastics will inspire confidence, while its dead straight flight takes you right to the pin. MVP throwers will find the Pilot's depth in between the Atom and Anode, and its flight most similar to a seasoned Anode."
- Streamline Discs

I love my electron soft pilot. It has become my main driving putter. I have no intentions of ditching my wizards, but I could see this being for putting also.

Get any more aces with it?

I agree with the description. The Pilot I had felt great in hand and flew very straight almost effortlessly when thrown flat or maybe very slight hyzer.

I havnt really liked it in soft. Love it in medium. I really want a proton/neutron pilot.

Agreed, I have 4 Pilots (3 in regular Electron & 1 in soft). I use the Pilot as my putting putter, and I definitely like the regular Electron so much better. Throw them hard at the chains and they go dead straight and grab!

Agreed, I have 4 Pilots (3 in regular Electron & 1 in soft). I use the Pilot as my putting putter, and I definitely like the regular Electron so much better. Throw them hard at the chains and they go dead straight and grab!
And as they beat in that straight flight gets a little longer and longer. New for me they show a little fade just inside the circle. My main putter is now dead straight out to about 40ft. I really really need to get a stack to start breaking more in.

My wife and I both love our Pilots for putting and throwing. They glide so much and are so straight that if you miss you know what it was...and it wasn't the disc! No fade to predict either. For throwing they are just a nice gentle turn over. Cover so many shots with this disc! And the upshots are just laser straight to sit and hug the basket!

Pilot has become my only putting putter - pink 170. I shot my best-ever round at Bear Creek on Sunday, and a big reason for that was the consistent true flight I get from this disc. I think I only missed one putt all day and that was just outside 30 and hyzered around a tree, hit chains but didn't stick.
I've had an issue with low putts in the past but this disc seems to sneak over the rim if I give it a little nose up angle. It also seems to stick on high or uphill putts very well (at least with my push putt) and I can get it to drop pretty effectively when I have to putt over objects.

Reminds me, I need some back-ups!

The Pilot has been a great putter for me (use to be a long time Pure thrower for both approach and putting. It's profile isn't too deep nor shallow, and I prefer shallow putters. I need it in Proton/Neutron/ Plasma for more durability in driving and approaching.

I dig the Pilot, very close to the Atom. For now I am not using it, but its a good disc, would like to see it in Neutron / Proton!

I agree with the above post. I am putting with it and throwing it as my straight/slight turnover putter off the tee or on upshots. Is there an ETA for elite plastics for this disc?

Just got my pilots in the mail today and I will never go to a different putter again.
These things made me enjoy putting again. The slightly shallow rim and flat top fit in my small hands perfectly. That combined with the small bead and straight flight make this the putter I've been searching for. Immediately became more accurate because of confidence in my grip and release.

Just got my pilots in the mail today and I will never go to a different putter again.
These things made me enjoy putting again. The slightly shallow rim and flat top fit in my small hands perfectly. That combined with the small bead and straight flight make this the putter I've been searching for. Immediately became more accurate because of confidence in my grip and release.

Nice. Nothing like finding the right putter. Now don't stop banging those chains. :thmbup:

It's buttery smooth. I dig them a lot. They are also great approach discs. They have enough fade to come back. I can't wait for them to come in Proton/Neutron/Plasma!

The Pilot is my go to putter right now. They just seem dialed in with my putting style. I have hit may more outside of the circle putts than I usually have with the Pilot. It is just a great point and shoot putter. I just hope that MVP/Steamline keeps them in the hopper for a long time.

The last couple weeks I kept missing low. Right in the pile, but I'd hit a few inches low and smack basket. Yesturday I got a fresh pilot. Turns out as you break the pilot in that glide goes away. Fresh pilot and I'm sinking putts again. The more you know.