• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

I learned a lot from him. Learned how to throw forehand watching his vids. I don't care what his personality is, to me he was just a guy on the net who helped more than harmed. More than can be said for a lot of the disc golf trash vids out there.

Thanks for the help Mike, and best of luck to what ever your newest craze is.

Simon Lizotte doesn't throw "normal" blizzard bosses tho, he throws the old run with bubbles in the flight plate. They are in general more stable (more gyro) than the ones with bubbles only in the rim

Simon Lizotte doesn't throw "normal" blizzard bosses tho, he throws the old run with bubbles in the flight plate. They are in general more stable (more gyro) than the ones with bubbles only in the rim

His record has very little to do with what disc he threw

The guy throws mini's 500'!!! so.. I don't think it matters to any great extent... bubbles or no bubbles... but having said that I bag a 157g pop top Blizzard Boss for my max d shots...

A dude threw a DX Teebird over 800' out in the desert.

Tell me more about this gyro helping with that.

I don't understand the question, it seems to me like you are accusing me of believing that the only reason Simon was able to throw 850ft was due to his blizzard boss with bubbles in the flight plate. I don't believe that, however, I don't believe that Simon, or anyone else for that matter, is able to throw a non gyroscopic silly rim-only blizzard disc 850ft. The inherent instability of such a setup would cause the disc to do barrel rolls when thrown at such speeds

The flight plate on a DX TB is about half as thick as on a Champ TB (cut some up or caliper that shti if you wanna see). Therefore DX TB have more weight toward the edge than a Champ. Is that called more gyroscopic potential? Whatever it is, significant weight difference in the plate of a DX TB. Kinda unknown magic about the DX TB which are pretty magical.

I purchased a DX Teebird once and it was a flippy POS. Maybe they messed up the gyro on that one.

... or maybe it just had a really low PLH.

The bubbles in the rim tend to affect the general shape of the wing as the plastic cools. I believe this has a lot more to do with the inconsistency of blizzard plastic as opposed to any differences in weight distribution.

The flight plate on a DX TB is about half as thick as on a Champ TB (cut some up or caliper that shti if you wanna see). Therefore DX TB have more weight toward the edge than a Champ. Is that called more gyroscopic potential? Whatever it is, significant weight difference in the plate of a DX TB. Kinda unknown magic about the DX TB which are pretty magical.

You mean to tell me that Innova invented GYRO?!!!

Latest posts