• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird/Leopard Combo

drickanderson

Double Eagle Member
MMMOOONNNSSTTEERR COMBO!

I've been playing my weekday rounds with the four discs in my sig (Teebird/Leopard/Zone/Magnet), and all I can say is 'holy crap!'

I'm starting to wonder why I carry any other drivers. I have a new champ Teebird, and a pre-barry pearly champ Leopard. I'm continually astonished at how well these two work together. This teebird BOMBS. You can crank the crap out of this thing, and it doesn't turn over at all. I'm sure it's going to beat in and lose some HSS, but I don't think that's going to hurt it at all. If anything it will be easier to get some distance out of.

The cool thing about a leo is that I can power it down, and throw it for most shots where I would normally use a buzzz, or power it up for 350' hyzer-flips that fly dead straight with no wind, or a touch of fade in a tail-wind, or thrown flat it will turn over nice and slow, for those left-to-right doglegs. With the zone for overstable short-to-midrange shots, and the magnet for the understable side, and primary putter, I believe that I've stumbled into the perfect 4-disc combo (for me).

I still love my Wraiths, and almost feel like I'm cheating, but I'm having so much fun with this combination that I don't want to stop.... LOL

I carry a champ Teebird and a star leopard. GREAT combo. The star leopard is still brand new and surprisingly stable. I'll just have to beat it in some I guess. But they do work well powered up and down. I agree completely with you on this one.

Last edited:
That is a wicked foursome of discs. Zone and Magnet are like my bread and butter, wouldn't really want to play a round without a teebird or leopard either.

Heck yes, use smaller diameter discs whenever possible

I hear you, a Teebird goes 400+ feet and has a much higher probability of staying on line than a large diameter disc, large diameter discs can deliver the big stuff, but with less accuracy and a lower percentage of success.

So I hear you when you say you can rule the course with a Teebird and a Leopard. Lately I have really been getting into Discmania discs - CD, PD, and DD, they are smaller diameter discs that deliver very good distance with a lot of control.

So these days, on rounds where score counts, I carry fewer Boss/Nuke/Destroyers and more controllable smaller diameter discs.

I hear you, a Teebird goes 400+ feet ....
The scary part is how easily they get there. It's no wonder so many people look for teebird equivalents. These things are incredible. They've completely changed the way I look at disc speed vs distance.

Teebirds only get better with age. Congrats on finding the perfect combo. People can search but there is no teebird equivalent.

love me some teebird! and actually have a couple pro leos on the way to fight with my rivers for a slot ... I always wanted to try the combo and cant wait to sling a couple.. other then roc/comet teebird/leo sounds hard to beat

I'm right there with you, I carry a champ teebird and a star leopard...both are at roughly the same stage of wear (fairly new). Love the combo!!!

i carry 4 teebirds in various stages. one for dead straight, one for straight with hyzer, one for longer gentle hyzers and headwinds, and one for rollers. i carry 3 leopards as well. one for turnovers, one for laser shots, one for longer straight shots. best discs ever made

That's my fairway driver setup aswell. Wouldnt wanna miss my midranges and my high speed drivers though. But yeah, those are two very nice discs that go well together.

I'm working with 2 champ teebirds. One semi-beat that hyzers straight and one newer champ plus that is nice and stable. I also have an E* leo but it's still kinda new.

i'm also a huge fan of the eco star teebird. it is the most reliable disc in my bag, i believe, besides my putter

Just ordered me a couple Glow Teebirds to go with my Leopards again. Had been trying Eagles but the Teebird seemed to work a little better for me as an accent to the Leopards
. I would use Leopards for everything beyond a putter but they still come in a bit fast at the end to where I still like to have a slower mid with them as well when I need to come in soft.

love me some teebird! and actually have a couple pro leos on the way to fight with my rivers for a slot ... I always wanted to try the combo and cant wait to sling a couple.. other then roc/comet teebird/leo sounds hard to beat

Rivers are nice, but the thing is, I find Teebirds to be more driver like and Leopards to be more forgiving; which allows for some really tight woods navigation. Both Teebirds and Leos also have a good variety of plastic availability as well; but the best IMO so far is DX Teebirds and Pro Leopards and I like Champ for a more durable counterpart if needed.

Just ordered me a couple Glow Teebirds to go with my Leopards again. Had been trying Eagles but the Teebird seemed to work a little better for me as an accent to the Leopards
. I would use Leopards for everything beyond a putter but they still come in a bit fast at the end to where I still like to have a slower mid with them as well when I need to come in soft.

Rivers are nice, but the thing is, I find Teebirds to be more driver like and Leopards to be more forgiving; which allows for some really tight woods navigation. Both Teebirds and Leos also have a good variety of plastic availability as well; but the best IMO so far is DX Teebirds and Pro Leopards and I like Champ for a more durable counterpart if needed.

I used to LOVE some DX Teebird action but the newer DX stuff I've fondled felt like crap. It may fly just as good but definitely didn't feel like DX I used to have

I used to LOVE some DX Teebird action but the newer DX stuff I've fondled felt like crap. It may fly just as good but definitely didn't feel like DX I used to have

I will admit they have felt a little weird, and thats why I am trying the glow now. Champ Teebirds I had were nice as well, but I almost would prefer to buy them already used and beat to save me a little time.

^^^ im with ya on dx teebirds... been throwing them since i first started.. at one point i would carry 4-5 in various stages to cover pretty much everything for me.. now just carry 2x dx and a star. Looking to try Star/DX Teebirds paired with Pro Leos.