• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird/Leopard Combo

I bag a DX Thunderbird, Champ Thunderbird, DX Leopard 3, Schultz Champ Leopard, DX Teebird 3, Star Teebird 3, and a 150 DX Firebird. Good for fun but those Leopards are amazing every time.

Thunderbird and Leopard for me, I don't trust myself with teebirds in a headwind.

Also if y'all got any candy pro fairway drivers hit me up! ;)

My pro Leopard with a bit of G* mixed in has been fan-fackin-tastic along with my Tbirds.

Good necrobump. I really like having this combo as the core of my fairway lineup.
Had regular Leo's for a while then switched to Leo3's. Beat TB's are close to Leo's but don't quite have the same line shaping ability. Leo's also can be thrown really far, especially in a tailwind they don't come up a lot shorter than my distance drivers. Conversely I've yet to find a Leo that can hold up in the wind and/or lock in a straight to fade quite like a TB can. TB's can also fight out of flex shots whereas Leos will land on edge/ cut roll.

Up to two days ago, my fairway combo was Leopart3, Night Strike II, Raptor, Glimmer-X Felon, and Champion Whippet. While it seems most of my discs are overstable, they are mostly for speciality shots and forehands. The bulk of my throws come from the Leopard3 and Night Strike II.

With that said, the other day I picked up a CE Leopard that is clearly 20+ years old. That same day, I damaged the printed graphic I had on my Night Strike. So, I was considering giving some different discs a try in those two slots.

The CE Leopard is beef (for a Leopard) and flies almost like an old-school TeeBird. With that said, I pulled out several PFN Star TeeBirds to throw alongside them. The CE Leopard, while shorter, is more stable than the TeeBirds.

The old-school side of me wants to rock several 10-20-year-old discs next weekend at the big The Preserve tournament. I have thrown them the last two days and have them fairly under control. They can definitely play well together with the Leopard3 already in the bag. The pragmatic side of me knows that someday soon, with constant play, that CE is going to crack. I have three Night Strike IIs (four once I fish one of my lost ones out of the local creek), and the only reason I temporarily pulled it from the bag was that the main one had a cosmetic knick to its printed graphic.

It is not really a debate. I am earning points to qualify for Am Masters Worlds next year, so I am sticking with what works, especially just before a big tournament that requires more distance drivers than fairway drivers anyway. Still, for the local league and fun rounds, I will probably rock that CE Leopard as long as I can while trying to put a few more aces on my Star PFN TeeBird.

Attachments

• 20210619_102607.jpg
    20210619_102607.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210619_102952.jpg
    20210619_102952.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 23