• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird/Leopard Combo

So PD's are like Teebirds?

faster, more fade.

Also, great disc combo - but wind will eat you. I love my teebirds until a headwind comes along, then I know they'll fly like leopards and to just go ahead and reach for a firechicken or PD if I want that fade.

isn't a TL a Teebird top with a Leopard bottom? How does a TL compare with a TL+?

My TL had a super dome, and the rim is similar to a Leopard, but it has almost no curve at all. Whereas the Leopard actually has a small bead.

Feels nothing compared to a Teebird, really. It's pretty ridiculous it's even referred to as the "Teebird Less Overstable." It should be renamed to the Tight Lines Fairway Driver.

I'm still learning my Leopard, but I absolutely love my TeeBirds. I've really been wanting to try a DX Teebird. If you love your TB, you need to try a SOLF...it's like a TB with an extra 30'.

Just got a leopard after not throwing one for a looong time and am really liking the combo with a teebird. I don't think there's a shot that one of these won't cover.

I'm still learning my Leopard, but I absolutely love my TeeBirds. I've really been wanting to try a DX Teebird. If you love your TB, you need to try a SOLF...it's like a TB with an extra 30'.

What about a QOLF?

Or QOLF. I only like the first run QOLFs though...that's why I suggested the SOLF, because the 1.2s (which are not plus mold) are really easy to come by.

I agree, moderate dome 1.2 OLF's = speed 9 Teebird. I don't really understand the PD's popularity, because a fresh 1.2 SOLF flies exactly the same IMO as the PD's I've thrown, but glides better. Also, when it beats in, it gets high speed turn but still keeps a strong, reliable fade, making it an amazing line shaper. The beat SPD's my friends have let me thrown seem to have lost their low speed fade along with the high speed stability, making them less useful for general line shaping IMO.

isn't a TL a Teebird top with a Leopard bottom? How does a TL compare with a TL+?

Nope. Leo's have a slightly convexed bottom with a slight notch, TL is just barely concave if I remember correctly and lacks the notch.

I carry two teebirds and one leopard.

AWESOME COMBO!!!!

Oh and two firebirds of course.

Last edited:
Not quite.

From Innova's website:
The TL is the brother of the reliable Teebird. The "L" stands for "Less Overstable" and "Longer".

And then on their flight guide it says "for Tight Lines."

and that's far off from what i said

and that's far off from what i said

My first question to you would be, have you actually spent a meaningful amount of time with Teebirds and TLs? Even though the Innova website says some stuff, the fact is that their only relation is their common speed, really.

teebirds yes
tl's sort of

it doesn't matter, I was just trying to simplify it

a tl is like a teebird and a valkyrie made sweet love

i carry a 175 champ teebird, a 169 star teebird, a 174 pre-barry leo and a 175pro leo. i can pretty much cover any medium to long range control shot with those.

The TB and Leopard are arguably the 2 best discs ever made. Out of the 8 drivers in my bag I have 2 TLs, a Teebird and a Leopard. They cover the majority of my drives, especially on tight, wooded courses. I have a Boss and a Wraith for long open shots and I carry 2 Firebirds for utility, trick and FH shots but the TBs and Leopards are my bread and butter.

lol Just saw this weeks forecast and realized that my most used and beat pro Leopard is white and then I just got 2 glo Teebirds. Good thing I have some bright-ish DX ones and have already started to beat up a blue Pro Leo.

the eco teebird is the best disc ever. it has a magnet in it that automatically finds any green between 275-325 feet