• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird/Leopard Combo

Really like my T-birds and Leopards, don't know what I would do without them. Been wanting to try the TL and TL+ since they are supposed to be a little less stable.

Teebirds and leopards go together like peanut butter and jelly. The leo is my favorite disc ever. I carry a pro, pre Barry and star Leo, and fresh dx and star teebird. I have dropped all other drivers and my scores keep falling. I'm staying with these two for a long while.

FD/PD is going to be similar as Leo/TB. I tried the new DGR S-FD yesterday (orange 168, red 170) and I really like it a lot. It is similar to River/Leo/JLS. I been hitting the lines pretty close right off the bat with FD so it is going into my bag now.

Anyone have any thoughts on DX leopards? I have a Heavy champ one that I would throw more if it were in a brighter color. I own 5 teebirds, and without a doubt my favorites are the DX.

So PD's are like Teebirds?

I think PDs are like a little faster Teebird. I used to love DX Teebirds but I don't like the newer DX, feels like crap to me, so I grabbed some P-PDs & never looked back. They seem to wear kinda the same. P-PDs start out a little stable, wear into super straight fliers, & eventually will be turnover drivers. Exactly the 3 spots I used DX Teebirds for

That is a great fairway combo, I used it since I started playing but switched over to Lat64 about 2 months ago and have no intentions of going back. I'm loving the Stiker-River combo. I throw 170ish Opto Strikers which to me are a slightly faster Teebird.
I've never thrown the GL's but the Opto's I throw start out slightly more HSS than the Champ Teebirds I used to throw. I think the glide is about the same. River's to me are the most controllable and versatile discs I've ever thrown. They are a better Leopard in my opinion.

That is a great fairway combo, I used it since I started playing but switched over to Lat64 about 2 months ago and have no intentions of going back. I'm loving the Stiker-River combo. I throw 170ish Opto Strikers which to me are a slightly faster Teebird.
I've never thrown the GL's but the Opto's I throw start out slightly more HSS than the Champ Teebirds I used to throw. I think the glide is about the same. River's to me are the most controllable and versatile discs I've ever thrown. They are a better Leopard in my opinion.
I've thrown several Lat64 discs, and they just don't feel right to me. I wanted so bad to love them, and I even own a nice sexy purple GL Flow, but it just doesn't come out of my hand right for some reason. I've thrown rivers, strikers and visions (a guy I play with frequently is a Lat64 freak, so I ask to try out his discs when he gets them). I just don't like the way they feel. I'm sure the disc golf hipster gods are going to strike me with lightning just for saying that, but ahh well.

I've thrown several Lat64 discs, and they just don't feel right to me. I wanted so bad to love them, and I even own a nice sexy purple GL Flow, but it just doesn't come out of my hand right for some reason. I've thrown rivers, strikers and visions (a guy I play with frequently is a Lat64 freak, so I ask to try out his discs when he gets them). I just don't like the way they feel. I'm sure the disc golf hipster gods are going to strike me with lightning just for saying that, but ahh well.

I 178% agree with this^^^

Anyone have any thoughts on DX leopards? I have a Heavy champ one that I would throw more if it were in a brighter color. I own 5 teebirds, and without a doubt my favorites are the DX.

They will become hyzer-flip discs that finish right pretty quickly, but that doesn't mean someone wouldn't have a use for that. I have a few that I break out over water as well. Usually they are fresh and I have yet to have one really surprise me by being significantly more/less stable than normal right out of the box, and I really like that.

I've been running a Teebird/Leopard and then PD/Predator setup for my drivers. I have a destroyer and a wraith but they really don't get used except for long hyzerflips. And the destro is getting too flippy to even use...

it took for EVER to get my leopard to flip, super domey star was just stable stable stable. It still won't flip much under 350

I've been running a Teebird/Leopard and then PD/Predator setup for my drivers. I have a destroyer and a wraith but they really don't get used except for long hyzerflips. And the destro is getting too flippy to even use...

it took for EVER to get my leopard to flip, super domey star was just stable stable stable. It still won't flip much under 350

I'm having the same issue with my echo star leo. I'm think i may switch to pro plastic...

Really like my T-birds and Leopards, don't know what I would do without them. Been wanting to try the TL and TL+ since they are supposed to be a little less stable.

TL's are nice discs, but you might as well just have a slightly beaten in T-Bird in the bag if you already have one. I didn't really like mine, it was too straight and the rim was uncomfortable.

It feels nothing like a Teebird.

I also use this combo. It is awesome. I also work in the tl a bit, for just a little more length and less fade at the end of the flight path.

I use a star 166 teebird , 175 teebird star, pre Barry Leo's 175 star

I use these drivers primarily when I need a very accurate drive And or when I'm in the woods