• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States

The PDGA tweeted about GG possibly getting a 2 on the big par 5. Any confirmation from anyone on this rumor?

I've been trying to confirm it as well, haven't found anything.

That would be a Double Eagle, right?

wow a healthy Wysocki is a BEAST!!!!!

GG did NOT get a 2 on that hole...turns out he got a 4 on it. There have been a handful of 3's on it which is awesome enough.

Feldy did have pretty much a drop on 3 on that hole after an amazingly crazy anny over the left side to land about 10 in front of the basket which was A FEW FEET from a roped off creek.

.rickys round is epic,he murdered that course. Its a really tough course and the crazy wind only added to the difficulty. Sick sick round

Well they added 3 temp holes for this layout. I think bradley currently has the 18 hole record with a 54/55? From a tourney a few weeks ago that only used the standard 18. Ricky was 52 on the 18th hole i think,so i guess he would have beat bradleys record had it been just the 18 hole standard layout

Wysocki score a typo? 12 stroke lead! WTF?

not a typo. according to all accounts it is just an easy course for lucky forehanders. combine that with the fact the leaders are all throwing far superior plastic now and you will have a better idea how this came to be. personally i blame his putting and the amount of practice and play hes putting in these days. those guys are too good.

Well they added 3 temp holes for this layout. I think bradley currently has the 18 hole record with a 54/55? From a tourney a few weeks ago that only used the standard 18. Ricky was 52 on the 18th hole i think,so i guess he would have beat bradleys record had it been just the 18 hole standard layout

Yea I saw that video, it's posted in the tourney video thread if anybody wants to check it out.

not a typo. according to all accounts it is just an easy course for lucky forehanders. combine that with the fact the leaders are all throwing far superior plastic now and you will have a better idea how this came to be. personally i blame his putting and the amount of practice and play hes putting in these days. those guys are too good.

:hfive:

it is just an easy course for lucky forehanders.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's been circulating, but it seems unlikely that luck had much to do with that lead. From the videos of the course I've seen, calling it a difficult course for folks who can't throw accurate shots on both the forehand and backhand sides seems more like it. With such a small sample size, it's possible that Ricky got insanely lucky, but it's more likely that he's the most well-rounded disc golfer on the planet who also got a few breaks. I hope someone was taping this tournament because I want to see the round he had.

Also, it may be worth noting that there are some folks near the top of that list that don't throw many forehands at all.

It looks like a beautiful course and if it were nearby, I'd play it all the time. But then, I'm a RHFH :)