• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States

I don't know the courses but it's looking like forehanders might have an advantage with the Ricky Sarah show so far.

You guys make me laugh with this team ****. How many guys from Innova or discraft are there?

Manor has some great holes and lones but it is just too rough in my opinion. I am a fan of punishing rough but manor can physically punish you if you find catcti......or snakes.

Hopefully if states stays in Austin they will be able to run separate weekends so more courses can be used.

Manor has some great holes and lones but it is just too rough in my opinion. I am a fan of punishing rough but manor can physically punish you if you find catcti......or snakes.

Hopefully if states stays in Austin they will be able to run separate weekends so more courses can be used.

You speak the truth about the punishing rough. I think they are playing casual relief from cactus though, at least that is the impression I got from an earlier B. Williams post. Also I did see at least one spotter out there today, so that helps too.

And as far as luck versus skill on this heavily wooded course, there are "fair" fairways on every hole, but some do require a very good shot. #4 may be an exception, as I think it can be reached without really using the fairway at all, but that line still requires a very good shot.

I don't know the courses but it's looking like forehanders might have an advantage with the Ricky Sarah show so far.

#9 is pretty much impossible to birdie without a RHFH or LHBH, and #11 and #14 are much easier birdies with a solid RHFH. In addition, I think having a strong FH is an advantage on any course with such punishing roughs as you need a lot less room for windup and follow through with a FH. Also, versatility in general is good for courses with heavy rough; the versatility of the NC pros is a testament to this.

#9 is pretty much impossible to birdie without a RHFH or LHBH, and #11 and #14 are much easier birdies with a solid RHFH. In addition, I think having a strong FH is an advantage on any course with such punishing roughs as you need a lot less room for windup and follow through with a FH. Also, versatility in general is good for courses with heavy rough; the versatility of the NC pros is a testament to this.

maybe not just cackalak pros but that seems like a fair take otherwise.

All this complaining about Manor and how hard it is "makes me sick"! (I'm an old guy, I can say that.)

I'm an old school disc golfer and I love the courses that are truly difficult and severely punish bad shots. The whiners come to the best courses, then because they can't score well on them, organize teams to come and clear cut them... thus making them like the other "average" courses in the area.

PLEASE leave Manor alone! If you can't handle the rough, go play on your sainted wide open courses and let those that don't mind shooting over par and still thinking it's a good round enjoy the few good ones that are left.

They went too far at Gateway West in Fort Worth. Harry Myers isn't what it used to be either.

Stop clear cutting simply because you suck. (I refuse to apologize for this statement.)

Just looked up the course photos for East Metro Park DGC in Manor, Texas. Looks like a great course. Who cares if it has trees, and lots of shot requirements. That's how a good course should be.

Agreed. I love to see NT's on technical courses and I also love seeing someone with both a forhand and backhand off the tee dominate such a course.

Agree. I've only seen the pictures, but I don't see any w/o lines available. God forbid disc-golfers learn to throw accurately.

All this complaining about Manor and how hard it is "makes me sick"! (I'm an old guy, I can say that.)

I'm an old school disc golfer and I love the courses that are truly difficult and severely punish bad shots. The whiners come to the best courses, then because they can't score well on them, organize teams to come and clear cut them... thus making them like the other "average" courses in the area.

PLEASE leave Manor alone! If you can't handle the rough, go play on your sainted wide open courses and let those that don't mind shooting over par and still thinking it's a good round enjoy the few good ones that are left.

They went too far at Gateway West in Fort Worth. Harry Myers isn't what it used to be either.

Stop clear cutting simply because you suck. (I refuse to apologize for this statement.)

I couldn't agree with this statement any more. I'm not mentioning any names or courses to try and avoid any level of internet butthurtedness. An extremely difficult course close to my hometown has been brought into question, by an out of towner nonetheless, for additional clearing and cutting just to accommodate a C-Tier that is being planned to play on the course. Myself and several other locals have raised quite the dispute about leaving one of our most difficult and prized courses alone. If you want to have your tournament at an "easier" course; have it at an EASIER COURSE! Don't go chopping up the slim fairways on a project that was meant to be an extremely difficult, pro level course!