• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

I don't think anyone is talking sh*t about HB. I've dealt with him on a number of things and we haven't always agreed, but there is no doubt that he is a great contributor and does great work.

I agree HB is a cool cat. I got to play on his card 2 years ago at Phil Moore and really enjoyed playing with him (and watching him shoot 1000-rated at his own course). There is no doubt the planning/logistics/amount of work that go into this tourney are insane.

That said out of the 3 BG's I've been to this one seemed to run the smoothest but was definitely lacking in a few key areas (especially the course conditions and water availablity). I would have liked to see hole pars in the course book and even SSA for each course would have been awesome! The flymart and player's party were great.

I took the time to thank HB personally before the start of my last round and I'll say it again, thanks for all the hard work! And whatever you did to make the weather so awesome all week, keep it up!

Oops.... You must use the AM1 link they provide to sign up or you will be sent to the wait list. Still 39 spots left...

Sorry for the confusion!

The Payouts on Disc Golf U shuld be correct as of this morning. Any one with a problem send an e-mail and we will fix it.

The PDGA ratings program on the tournament administration site has no way to account for different pools in the same division. Andrew said they would try to get their programmer to fix that and get the ratings correct by the next update.

Hole 13 at Hobson was the one hole that did not get cut. I was imbaressed that one out of 171 was not up to what we wanted.

We keep Kereiakes high other than the fairways to keep the course tough.
BGTC rough is rough, so play that risk from the tee if you want a reward.
All mandos are to protect personal property or players, and 14 at BGTC does have the uglest trees.

If you trim under a ceder tree you must trim it up to mower-rider height to keep it maintained (8') and that would make Kereiakes (the one with the two meter rule) alot easier. Just place you tee shot in a position for a clean put - or go rec and play Lovers Lane and White for clean putts.

Any direct suggestions should be e-mailed, as I address those first and can relay them to the committee. I have not been on here due to addressing the e-mail issues and trying to get back to work on courses, events, and other paying jobs.

And as Job noted, I can agree to disagree, but still work hard to improve events, promote the sport, and develop new disc golf commuities using all reasonable inputs made in person or by e-mail. Forums do not work well do as design by committee tends to make the least common denomator the only solution acceptable by all.

And, yes that was a 1000 rated round I did at Phil Moore with my 350 drives and whamo push putts. Thanks for the memory!

The Advanced Masters is the only correct one for ratings on the PDGA site, so you can look at them for ratings ideas on Advanced courses (they played Phil Moore, Hobson, Kereiakes, BGTC for their round order).

They are all off for Advanced Masters. A 47 at Kereiakes was 1044 before the jumble...for the Advanced masters it shows only a 973 for a 51.

I shot a hot round of 53 for pool A at BGTC, the hot round for Advanced Masters was a 906 rated 56. There is no way that 53 is a 936 rated round.

There is also no way that the winner of advanced masters won averaging 935. Last year the winner averaged 991, 12th place averaged 937.

The PDGA does pools for Worlds. You just treat each round as completely separate. Thats how ratings work when you have weather that effects scoring. A rainy 51 is rated higher than a sunny calm 51 usually for example. Wind at Kereiakes was way stronger Friday than it was Sunday. The ratings on Kereiakes for Pool A on Friday should not be compared to those of Pool B on Sunday. Same in reverse for BGTC. Each round should be rated in a vacuum. Wind conditions varied throughout the weekend. This keeps it easier for the TD Report. You dont have to make a personal decision what weather condition effected play or didnt. Just have everyone rated against the other players in their pool on that day at that time and the PDGA doesnt have to do any coding.

i have looked at the website 3 times today and each time my round ratings were all drastically different

Message to PDGA:

Please make the format of your tourney entry compatible for pools and doubles. They are used for our sport. It would be great. Sorry for asking for so much. :cool:

I can say from experience that the steps taken by the TD to set all the parameters properly on pdga.com before uploading scores is not very user-friendly or intuitive. It's cumbersome and easy to miss something just setting it up for a one-day tournament on a single course.

For a four-day tournament played on 9 courses with some divisions playing different courses during the same round, the set-up has got to be a real bear. Give HB time - he'll get it right. (and with each parameter he changes, the ratings will change a bit)

Looking at Masters ratings there are some changes from last year.

Phil Moore : 60 Last Year 963 This Year 936 Down 27 Points (More wind this year)
Hobson : 50 Last Year 989 This Year 968 Down 21 Points (Similar Conditions)
Kereiakas : 54 Last Year 966 This Year 956 Down 10 Points (Similar Conditions)
BGTC : 60 Last Year 960 This Year 946 Down 14 Points (Similar Conditions)

I could see BGTC being a little easier with the clearing on #7 but other numbers are surprising.

Currently my 61 at white is being rated against someones 51 at Chalybawhatever. Im sure It will be fixed.

A 50 at Phil Moore right now is at 969 before the ratings got screwed it was 1018 which seems about right

when you look at the scores on pdga.com, there is a spot to click at the top of each division that says 'show round ratings'

Latest posts