• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

With the scores you posted, your rating is going to go up for sure. I also agree with Rec4Life.

I don't know man. These scores compounded with the Hills of BG two weeks ago and my BG Ams ratings from last year not being dropped yet, I actually have myself figured to drop like 5. Once my 2011 Ams scores are dropped, I should see a big spike.

Also, just for fun: Approximately $30 per player went to payout.

Just for fun, it appears the player package was worth nearly triple the $24.00 "cost" for each player.

Entry fee $60.00 all divisions less $2.00 park fee and $4.00 PDGA fee. $30.00 went to payout and $24.00 for player packs and ALL other fees.

Something about the 2 meter rule. I saw players, get caught in a tree, take the penalty, and mark their disc under the lie and then struggle to get out of the tree...its their fault they didnt call unplayable lie...but... if there is 2 meter rule, the trees should be trimmed up to 2 meters so that you have a play out once you mark your disc under your OB location.

I like how the TD was on here up til the event making sure everyone still wanted to come and now that it's over and there are complaints hes nowhere to be found.

I don't know man. These scores compounded with the Hills of BG two weeks ago and my BG Ams ratings from last year not being dropped yet, I actually have myself figured to drop like 5. Once my 2011 Ams scores are dropped, I should see a big spike.

How long is it when a tourney is dropped to calculate your rating?

1 year if you have enough qualifying rounds... I think 25 (don't quote me) If you drop enough rounds that you dont have 25 in a year, those say...20 rounds can stay on your rating for longer than a year.

1 year if you have enough qualifying rounds... I think 25 (don't quote me) If you drop enough rounds that you dont have 25 in a year, those say...20 rounds can stay on your rating for longer than a year.

I dont play that many sanctioned tourneys a year......probably around 4 or 5. So it will be a while before my first sactioned tourney will be dropped.

I like how the TD was on here up til the event making sure everyone still wanted to come and now that it's over and there are complaints hes nowhere to be found.

Nothing you can do when someone complains until the next event. Best organizers take criticisms as constructive and make the even better the next time. No need to justify himself now... just do what can be done next time.

I dont play that many sanctioned tourneys a year......probably around 4 or 5. So it will be a while before my first sactioned tourney will be dropped.

the only way they will go back past 12 months to calculate your rating is if you have less than 8 rated rounds in the last 12 months, otherwise they can go back up to 2 years to get the 8 rounds. If you dont have 8 in 2 years they will only use what you have for the last 24 months...

the only way they will go back past 12 months to calculate your rating is if you have less than 8 rated rounds in the last 12 months, otherwise they can go back up to 2 years to get the 8 rounds. If you dont have 8 in 2 years they will only use what you have for the last 24 months...

Thanks for the info.

Hey don't bash HB, he is a great guy and ran a friggen awesome event, yea ratings got screwed up but they will be fixed and what do you have to worry about, the next ratings update is over a month away. HB is the **** and stop talking crap about him.

Hey don't bash HB, he is a great guy and ran a friggen awesome event, yea ratings got screwed up but they will be fixed and what do you have to worry about, the next ratings update is over a month away. HB is the **** and stop talking crap about him.

I agree. It must be a bitch to try and make sure 8-10 courses are ready for play. I would agree that the tourney is not perfect, but it still is by far the highlight tourney of the year for me.

I don't think anyone is talking sh*t about HB. I've dealt with him on a number of things and we haven't always agreed, but there is no doubt that he is a great contributor and does great work.

Latest posts