• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

I didn't realize they are making them in GStar. I was staying away from the base plastics but if I see it in GStar I'm checking one out for sure.

I'm hoping for Star plastic Colts to come out in the near future.

They will probably turn out domey.

Maybe not... my Star Roc3 is FAF. IMHO they can get the Colt done "just right" in Star plastic... if they want to. Mr. Dunipace is so enamored with GStar, though, I'm concerned that Star plastic is overlooked, if not actually being phased out...

Maybe not... my Star Roc3 is FAF. IMHO they can get the Colt done "just right" in Star plastic... if they want to. Mr. Dunipace is so enamored with GStar, though, I'm concerned that Star plastic is overlooked, if not actually being phased out...

Yeah it's not a priority of his it seems. GStar is cool with me in DD's but not mids or putters. Too floppy.

Yeah it's not a priority of his it seems. GStar is cool with me in DD's but not mids or putters. Too floppy.

+1

GStar is okay with me in the winter, when it's more firm. But in the summer Georgia heat, GStar is soft and floppy in every disc, not just putters, and I have to go to Star or Champ plastic.

+1

GStar is okay with me in the winter, when it's more firm. But in the summer Georgia heat, GStar is soft and floppy in every disc, not just putters, and I have to go to Star or Champ plastic.

I would probably really like this disc in Star or Champ plastic, if it still has decent glide anyway.

message to innova: just because it aint as pretty as some other companies' plastic, doesn't mean we still don't love it !!!
long live the star blends!

So after about 10 solid rounds of using my Proto(Star) Stamped XT, it has now gone from slightly domey to completely puddle topped like a Yeti Aviar. It is now effectively "flippy". It can still hold a hyzer when powered way down, but for Tee shots it turns to anny all the way out. I have used it for some drives, lots of upshots, and putting duties. I actually learned to putt with it and really like it for that.

I hope for a Champ (JL) version that will be either just as stable or more OS as the XT was when new.
When these are new, they are absolute money!! They wear too fast in XT for me. I have a few spares, but after those are gone I will not be able to find a replacement since the mold is already retooled. Such BS

I've Been using the same DX colt for a dozen or so rounds. It is still straight but I haven't had any really hard tree hits yet. I put a blue dx colt in the bag that has a slight dome and it's has more fade than the flatter ones. I would like them in in champ maybe star but some stiff DX would be really nice.

After several rounds (including 36 holes today) with the Orange Colt, including smashing it into trees so hard one can see the compression in the disc, and including some practice tee work that caused scuffing on the rock-ish stuff they put down on the surface, my Colt is still flying the way it did when I first bought it. If anything, it's lost the slight turn it had. Now just goes dead straight and tries to find a basket to hit.

One word on the plastics: I'm okay with Champion plastic, but fear a Champion Colt will be too overstable... and Champion takes forever and a day to beat in. I'd really love a FIRM Star plastic Colt, which will beat in, but over time.

One word on the plastics: I'm okay with Champion plastic, but fear a Champion Colt will be too overstable... and Champion takes forever and a day to beat in. I'd really love a FIRM Star plastic Colt, which will beat in, but over time.

Forgot to mention: while I love Star plastic, a Colt in McPro plastic would also be fun to try.

Oh man, MCPro colts. I think these would be hard enough to resist the unavoidable warping from hitting trees at medium power. My 2 dx throwers are warped, but I'm doing my best to ignore it and they still fly well. I usually smash out any buckles in the flight plate before throwing and tell the disc it'll all be ok.

It really is a shame that Innovas baseline plastics are so far below par compared to the offerings from several of their competitors.

My two XT star stamp Colts are holding up real well. They get scuffed real easy but they're holding their shape and flight characteristics. I've used them a few times for putting but mostly approach shots 150' - 200'.

I've found the Colt to be an excellent control driver for 200'ish holes: no run up, just one step and boom! Arrow straight, amazing.

Seems there is a Colt Cult beginning to form :)

I just hope it doesnt disolve as quickly as it formed, due to Innova retooling it.

I really like the little disc and it pairs well with my Opto Pure bc the Colt is easier to range for shorter shots.

I will be sorely disapointed if the retool makes it a flippy turd.

Truth though, I'd like to have premium plastic, so if the retool makes it more US and then its released in Champ/JL which will add stability back, then maybe a retooled champ colt will match well to the current Proto XTs....:popcorn:

I just hope it doesnt disolve as quickly as it formed, due to Innova retooling it.

I really like the little disc and it pairs well with my Opto Pure bc the Colt is easier to range for shorter shots.

I will be sorely disapointed if the retool makes it a flippy turd.

Truth though, I'd like to have premium plastic, so if the retool makes it more US and then its released in Champ/JL which will add stability back, then maybe a retooled champ colt will match well to the current Proto XTs....:popcorn:

+1 on all counts, and I'll add that I still want a Star Colt...