• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

Grabbed another DX proto today just in case they do change the mold - this disc has been money for me.

Grabbed another DX proto today just in case they do change the mold - this disc has been money for me.

I know how you feel. I just got my third DX proto Colt. I'll rotate it with my second one, and the original is the backup and in the "all-DX" bag.

My original DX colt just has the tiniest turn. I added another dx to the bag. I had another colt near ace. The colt got a lot of chains but it was a weak side hit.

My original DX colt just has the tiniest turn. I added another dx to the bag. I had another colt near ace. The colt got a lot of chains but it was a weak side hit.

The straight flight takes some getting used to, but once you dial it in, lordy what a prize.

How has it been for putting vs driving (low vs. high power)?

For me, just fine. Today I threw the Colt about 175 ft. (estimate) to about 20 ft. from the basket, marked it, picked it up, threw it straight into the chains.

I don't often throw the Colt that far, though, as I have other discs that work well from long(er) ranges (outside 100-120 ft. or so). The Colt is good at all distances I've tried it. The only issue I've had is a touch of drift to the right (RHBH) on longer, harder, flat throws.

The straight flight takes some getting used to, but once you dial it in, lordy what a prize.

Everytime I throw the colt on a straight drive I have to remind myself of this. On say a 200' level shot chains high doesn't go too far by.

I played a one disc round with a DX Colt this morning at Sedgley Woods. Shot a 46 off the blues. I don't play the short tees often but that's my personal best.

I might have to check XT Colt out. I liked my DX Colt for a few rounds, I could really get some impressive distance with it but then it got so flippy that I could barely throw it at all. I hit a tree with it and it bent a little bit, I managed to straighten it but all the stability was gone.

Anyone thrown the retooled (non-prototype) version yet? How is it? And how does it compare to protos?

Innova released champion Whales, so I can only hope they release the Colt in champion plastic. Fingers crossed!

Innova released champion Whales, so I can only hope they release the Colt in champion plastic. Fingers crossed!

I believe it is very likely that Champion Colts will come out, as other VTech discs have come out in Champion plastic.

I'm still manifesting Star Colts.

The more I throw it the more I like the G* version of this disc. I basically use my McPro Aviar discs for my inside the circle push putts. But I really like the G* Colt for a little longer type spin putt with some glide. It won't go too far by if you miss but still has a great chance of hitting the chains and dropping. I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of glide that this G* version has. It pretty much has replaced my DX ones for all throws. I will probably stick with the G* until either a McPro version comes out(I can't imagine it will), or a star version comes out. I am just not sure if the star version will have as much glide or not? It might be interesting to have a Champion or Star version for driving and the G* for longer putting as well. I find that at about 250' or more I tend to get a bit too much turn with this disc unless I throw a hyser flip with it. I am just not consistent enough yet as a newbie to do that every time and I would rather just throw a Roc or something at 250 or more.

The more I throw it the more I like the G* version of this disc. I basically use my McPro Aviar discs for my inside the circle push putts. But I really like the G* Colt for a little longer type spin putt with some glide. It won't go too far by if you miss but still has a great chance of hitting the chains and dropping. I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of glide that this G* version has. It pretty much has replaced my DX ones for all throws. I will probably stick with the G* until either a McPro version comes out(I can't imagine it will), or a star version comes out. I am just not sure if the star version will have as much glide or not? It might be interesting to have a Champion or Star version for driving and the G* for longer putting as well. I find that at about 250' or more I tend to get a bit too much turn with this disc unless I throw a hyser flip with it. I am just not consistent enough yet as a newbie to do that every time and I would rather just throw a Roc or something at 250 or more.

Does your GStar Colt go dead straight? A bit of drift? Fades at the end or lands softly? Thanks for the information...

Does your GStar Colt go dead straight? A bit of drift? Fades at the end or lands softly? Thanks for the information...

Lands softer than the DX which I like. The flight is pretty comparable to a new DX I would say. It is hard to say but it may have a touch more turn with the new mold compared to the DX when thrown with some speed. Very little fade. I could be off on this but that is my initial thoughts anyway.

Lands softer than the DX which I like. The flight is pretty comparable to a new DX I would say. It is hard to say but it may have a touch more turn with the new mold compared to the DX when thrown with some speed. Very little fade. I could be off on this but that is my initial thoughts anyway.

Sounds good, and sounds like the retooled Colt is not far off the prototype, which is a good thing. Thanks for the info.

Just wondering if people had some more feedback about the difference between the prototypes and the regular production mold. I picked up an XT, but it's been too windy to throw it. Our shop has another XT but it has the prototype stamp, not sure if I want to pick that one up as well or not.

Just wondering if people had some more feedback about the difference between the prototypes and the regular production mold. I picked up an XT, but it's been too windy to throw it. Our shop has another XT but it has the prototype stamp, not sure if I want to pick that one up as well or not.

Might not make a difference soon. Disc Golf Center is SOLD OUT of DX Prototype Colts. IMHO it won't be too long before they're all gone...