• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

i'm just going to stick with my dx xd's!

This has been my thoughts, not sure what benefit I see to switch from using XD's in this slot...matter of fact i've thought of switching back to XD's as my putting putter too...a good beat one is money for any shot except hyzer's at more than 80% power

After several rounds (including 36 holes today) with the Orange Colt, including smashing it into trees so hard one can see the compression in the disc, and including some practice tee work that caused scuffing on the rock-ish stuff they put down on the surface, my Colt is still flying the way it did when I first bought it. If anything, it's lost the slight turn it had. Now just goes dead straight and tries to find a basket to hit.

One word on the plastics: I'm okay with Champion plastic, but fear a Champion Colt will be too overstable... and Champion takes forever and a day to beat in. I'd really love a FIRM Star plastic Colt, which will beat in, but over time.

That and they never seem to get champ and star flat. I think your best bet for a flatter colt, which I imagine is desirable, is in pro. or XT

I have developed supreme confidence in the Colt for approaches. It just seems made for this shot to me. "Fly straight near basket and park."

That and they never seem to get champ and star flat. I think your best bet for a flatter colt, which I imagine is desirable, is in pro. or XT

I dunno, my Star Valkyrie is just about FAF.

Also, I'm not a big fan of XT plastic; ergo, my desire for Star plastic...

Oh man, MCPro colts. I think these would be hard enough to resist the unavoidable warping from hitting trees at medium power. My 2 dx throwers are warped, but I'm doing my best to ignore it and they still fly well. I usually smash out any buckles in the flight plate before throwing and tell the disc it'll all be ok.

It really is a shame that Innovas baseline plastics are so far below par compared to the offerings from several of their competitors.

What company has the best baseline right now?

What company has the best baseline right now?

Kastaplast K3, though its currently a few bucks more than Dx, so "baseline" is kind of relative.
K3 feels a lot like my old 90s Dx, seasons nicely, and is more durable.
Thats the thing about the Colt when I first tried one out in Dx, it was really tore up after just one round.
Two of the three proto DX Colts I have are pretty FAF, though.

Last edited:
Prodegeee 350g - PA1
DD Hard - Judge
Even Legacys new protege - ghosts.

Xt is Innovas premium baseline. So that K3 comparison is relevant.

So been following post just curious is anyone turning this disc into their putting putter grabbed an xt at tourney today and felt great in hand and few putts threw felt great

So back to the colt. I got scared and ordered 2 more. This retool scares me. Maybe this proto/retool is a good strategy to get consumers to buy twice and/or horde.

If anyone doesnt like their xt proto, you know where to find me.

I'm up to 4 owned now, which is a lot for me. Just love the feel of these things, pretty much the only putter I want to drive with. The XT Proto stamps feel amazing.

I'm up to 4 owned now, which is a lot for me. Just love the feel of these things, pretty much the only putter I want to drive with. The XT Proto stamps feel amazing.

Haha, yeah I've got 5 now and 4 more are on their way to me. The retool scares me a little too since I really like this mold for both putting and upshots/drives. If they take a little stability out, circle putting won't really change, but it could ruin it for upshots/drives.

Haha, yeah I've got 5 now and 4 more are on their way to me. The retool scares me a little too since I really like this mold for both putting and upshots/drives. If they take a little stability out, circle putting won't really change, but it could ruin it for upshots/drives.

I found a brand new XT proto at PIAS...for 8.99! Sadly, they only had one in stock, ugh. My problem is I am a stamp whore, and the ones I have are so pretty I don't want to throw them

I found a brand new XT proto at PIAS...for 8.99! Sadly, they only had one in stock, ugh. My problem is I am a stamp whore, and the ones I have are so pretty I don't want to throw them

You can always get another! It's like a guitar you don't play. It's meant to be used.

Got my Gstar Colt and tried it out. I really like the feel for the most part and the flight. The mold is noticeably different though. I feel that the inside rime is also not as shallow as the DX Protos are. That is a bit of a downer for me. It still flies pretty similar from what I can tell so far. Maybe just a hair more stable. I will try and get a round with it on film later this week. As others have said, I would LOVE this disc in the McPro plastic as well.

Last edited:
I lost my XT Proto today playing a new course that's pretty far away from where I live. On the way home I stopped by their local PIAS and grabbed a 1st run XT. I wanted another proto, but they didn't have any. I still want to get another proto so I can compare the two. I will survive for now :)

Got my Gstar Colt and tried it out. I really like the feel for the most part and the flight. The mold is noticeably different though. I feel that the inside rime is also not as shallow as the DX Protos are. That is a bit of a downer for me. It still flies pretty similar from what I can tell so far. Maybe just a hair more stable. I will try and get a round with it on film later this week. As others have said, I would LOVE this disc in the McPro plastic as well.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to hearing more about the retooled Colts, and see if they're similar to the protos...